Votes: 32 57.1%
  • Yes and use the exemption

Votes: 19 33.9%
  • No if he doesn't qualify

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • No he can't represent the US no matter what

Votes: 3 5.4%

• Total voters
Nike, I agree with a lot of your points... he does owe us nothing, we have no business, and no we shouldn't expect our athletes to be perfect model citizens. Unfortunately, that's not the majority. We hold these people with such high regard (unfairly I say) because of the media, the sponsors, and the money and people think that they are owed something. But you have to admit, Tiger is not helping his cause any bit. You're right that eventually this will all go away and it will be a blip just like all the other indiscretions of other athletes. The difference is the ones that we have forgotten about, Kobe, Magic, Barkley, Wilt, ARod, Pettite, etc. all have admitted, in the public eye, as soon as a story broke. Those who have held on, especially in a secretive fashion (reference Roger Clemens, and Mark McGwire), have suffered publicly and are still under scrutiny of what exactly is the truth. Personally, I wish that we can all go back to just watching the man play golf and admire his greatness on the course. But of course that will never happen again.

Nike, I agree with a lot of your points... he does owe us nothing, we have no business, and no we shouldn't expect our athletes to be perfect model citizens. Unfortunately, that's not the majority. We hold these people with such high regard (unfairly I say) because of the media, the sponsors, and the money and people think that they are owed something. But you have to admit, Tiger is not helping his cause any bit. You're right that eventually this will all go away and it will be a blip just like all the other indiscretions of other athletes. The difference is the ones that we have forgotten about, Kobe, Magic, Barkley, Wilt, ARod, Pettite, etc. all have admitted, in the public eye, as soon as a story broke. Those who have held on, especially in a secretive fashion (reference Roger Clemens, and Mark McGwire), have suffered publicly and are still under scrutiny of what exactly is the truth. Personally, I wish that we can all go back to just watching the man play golf and admire his greatness on the course. But of course that will never happen again.

Again, it's up to Tiger if/when/how he addresses this issue to the folks. I think it's a bit unfair when comparing Tiger's situation to the examples of other athletes you listed. I believe Tiger's situation is sailing new waters, entirely. There are no "rules" or "protocal" to go by for something like this.

This isn't about Tiger cheating and/or doing something illegal. This isn't about a single guy sleeping w/ a lot of women.

Kobe was accused of a serious crime before he finally HAD to come out and tell the truth. And that was w/ one woman, mind you.

Like you said, it seems that a majority of folks not only want all the details, but they want to persecute, mame and defame.

Tiger has a lot of work to do in his personal life, that's for sure. We as golf fans, of all people, should let the icon of our beloved sport settle this in his own way and by his own time.

And to all those TMZ readers/watchers........... get a life. :D

America needs to have golfers of an impeccable moral character representing it on the Rhyder Cup Team of which Tiger is certainly not. Some proactive measures to guarantee America has only its finest moral standards in its golfers to represent us is to require golfers who travel on tour without their wives, to be required to wear a chastity belt.

if he doesn't qualify, he has no business playing.

Not necessarily. That's why they have the captain's choices on the team. He gets to pick those players based on current playing performance regardless of other qualifications. If he is playing to a level that benefits the team, the by all means, he should be there. His personal life should have no bearing on it that decision unless his presence might adversely affect the rest of the team.

Last I checked he was the best player in the world... I'd want him on my team and at this point I could care less about his personal life!

IMO, Tiger should ONLY be allowed to play if he qualifies. He shouldnt get any special treatment just because he is Tiger Woods.

IMO, Tiger should ONLY be allowed to play if he qualifies. He shouldnt get any special treatment just because he is Tiger Woods.

Actually, yeah, he should get special treatment because he is Tiger Woods.

No he shouldn't. If he qualifies and wants to play, he should play (If he doesn't play at all it isn't likely he would automatically qualify). If he takes enough time off to keep him from making the team automatically, but is playing for a while (I don't know the good definition of "a while" in this case), he should get the Captain's pick. If he doesn't play and falls out of an automatic berth, then he should stay home.

I don't particularly care if he plays at all this year, but that's my thoughts on whether he should play in the Ryder cup.

And pray tell why??????

If he deserves to be a captain's pick then he should be. From your comment earlier you seemed to indicate that you feel as if he should be singled out for special abuse, and not even be a captain's pick. Every year there are players who don't qualify and still get on the team... most of whom aren't even in the same league with Tiger. Tiger deserves the same opportunity even if he doesn't play enough to qualify outright. If he's playing poorly, then no, he shouldn't be on the team, but it would shock me if that was the case.

I think Tiger should play. If he makes the team or with a invitation. I have been anti tiger but he is only human. We all make mistakes. We need to give him another chance.

No he shouldn't. If he qualifies and wants to play, he should play (If he doesn't play at all it isn't likely he would automatically qualify). If he takes enough time off to keep him from making the team automatically, but is playing for a while (I don't know the good definition of "a while" in this case), he should get the Captain's pick. If he doesn't play and falls out of an automatic berth, then he should stay home.

I don't particularly care if he plays at all this year, but that's my thoughts on whether he should play in the Ryder cup.

Pretty much echos my sentiments on this.

Last I checked he was the best player in the world... I'd want him on my team and at this point I could care less about his personal life!

Ditto, I'd want him on my team regardless or not whether his sole focus is to put his ball in the hole or his putter in the hole.

If he qualifies, or is otherwise selected, he should play. That is if he is back to playing at that time. If he still hasn't played by then, I doubt he would even accept the invite. Although I doubt he would make the Ryder Cup his big entry back into golf for the year.

I want him on your team too :p
That way, when we beat you, there will be no asterix.

/smacktalk
/canofwormsopening

I want him on your team too :p
That way, when we beat you, there will be no asterix.

/smacktalk
/canofwormsopening

:zdance:

I love it.

He's still a pretty good golfer... I'd want him on my team...

I understand why others feel the way they do, but I think this is getting blown out of proportion. I don't see us pulling down pictures of Bill Clinton and JFK at the White House...
Maybe, but we don't expect much from our politicians anyway...

Back