Calling all THP sports nuts!

Smallville

#ICanHitADraw
Reaction score
Handicap
In Flux
THP member Kevin got eleven of us involved in the ESPN Streak for the Cash game (http://www.thehackersparadise.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8463). I guess it resets all the stats the first of every month so if you think you might have an interest in trying it out, now would be a good time to sign up. I didn't have any interest in it, but kept seeing the thread pop up and started reading what everyone was saying. I finally joined up and was addicted to it soon after!

Here is the group information:
Ok I made a group up that anyone here on THP can join, the group is called THP Streakers and the password is hacker. So go ahead and join streakers!

It's a lot of fun and you don't have to be good at it. Hmmmm, what are the other two things in life that are fun even if you're not good, it seems like golf is one.......

Fun times. Definitely encourage others to join.

Oh let's be honest. It will frustrate the crap outta you, cause you to be concerned about obscure soccer matches and once you start you will be hooked like the rest of us who do it.

But other than that it is alot of fun and I encourage more to join.

Is it too late to join?? I'd be willing to give it a try. I finally got the Fantasy Golf thing figure out...took me a while and 3 weeks at being at a big fat goose egg :(

GC: It's never too late to join. You can join any time. But they reset at the first of every month so now is the BEST time to join.

GC: It's never too late to join. You can join any time. But they reset at the first of every month so now is the BEST time to join.

Now...or tomorrow?

It's fun when you can get your streaks going... winning and losing :banghead:

Mostly losing, but hey who's counting?

Here's how the game is played, from the website:

9. HOW TO PLAY. On the "Make Pick" page you're challenged to select the outcome of a listed matchup between teams, individual competitors or a combination of both. Listed locktimes are based on the expected start time of an event, but may be changed by the Game Administrator to accommodate late or early starts, or for any other reason, in Sponsor's sole discretion. If a matchup is mistakenly left unlocked after an event has begun, the Game Administrator may lock the event late or cancel the event altogether, in Sponsor's sole discretion. YOU CAN ONLY SELECT ONE MATCHUP AT A TIME. Once the matchup you have selected has been marked FINAL you will be able to select the winner of a matchup which hasn't started yet. The Game Administrator may add matchups at any time; however, most matchups will be entered in the system by 3:00 a.m. ET on the day of the event.

Here are examples of matchups between two teams:

• NCAA BASKETBALL — UConn Huskies at Georgetown Hoyas
  • NBA BASKETBALL — Los Angeles Lakers at Phoenix Suns
  • EURO SOCCER — Arsenal at AC Milan
  • WORLD RUGBY— New Zealand at Australia

Here are examples of "prop" matchups between teams, players or a combination of both:

• NFL — Tom Brady Pass Completions vs. New York Jets 1st Downs
  • NBA — Kobe Bryant Points vs. Derrick Rose Points + Rebounds + Assists
  • GOLF — Brandt Snedeker Lower 1st Round vs. Ernie Els Lower 1st Round
  • NBA/MLB — Philadelphia 76ers points scored vs. Cole Hamels pitch count

For most prop matchups the side with the HIGHER score, time or total will be declared the winner, but in some, the side that is LOWER will win. Please read the prop matchup questions and corresponding opponents carefully before making your pick.

On the first day of the month all participants start with of a streak of zero, and at the conclusion of the Challenge Period all streaks are reset at zero. If you win a matchup your streak continues; if you lose it, your streak ends and you're back to 0. Your streak is measured by the number of consecutive matchups you correctly select. For clarity, picks and matchups will count toward the current Challenge Period if they are posted for selection during the Challenge Period, regardless of the end time of the matchup or event.

You are not required to play every day. Matchups that end as a tie will be scored as a "PUSH" and your streak will remain intact. Matchups may also be cancelled by the Game Administrator for reasons including (but not limited to) player injuries, player absences, or inability to complete the match because of weather or any other reason; if this occurs, the matchup will be listed as "Cancelled", "Postponed" or "OFF" and scored as "PUSH". In all such cases, the Game Administrator's decision is final, binding and non-appealable. In the event that the matchup you selected is marked as a "PUSH", your streak will NOT end, but instead will continue unchanged.
http://streak.espn.go.com/en/story?pageName=streak\rules_2010_02#howtoplay

I see P4B joined! Hope you enjoy it!

This is what you are playing for (This is on your pick page):

Congratulations and February Matchups (3:00 AM ET)
  • Congratulations to norgin312 (pending verification) who emerged $100,000 richer by hitting a streak of 20 on the final day in January.
  • Monday morning all streaks will be reset to zero once again (see Official Rules for details). Tomorrow's matchups will be posted shortly after 3:00AM ET with the first being an EPL prop (Sunderland v Stoke City) at 3PM ET. Good luck to everyone in February!

i'm in.

and there is an app. now i'd like to warn you all....i am a curling expert. so watch out.

More power to you! If you can build a winning streak of curling... haha, then you deserve every bit of $100,000!

Alright, I'm in! I think my expertise in Women's Curling gives me a decided edge!

I will leave women's curling, and even men's curling to snicker. i will concentrate on other sports.

Well, we're up to 15 people, but only one female. Hopefully a few more will sign up.

And SD, you can have the curling to yourself unless it's handy to pick to try to get on a winning streak! Otherwise the sport is yours.

I hadn't even seen curling as a pick before! And now twice on the same day.

alright I'm in. I didn't read the instructions on how to play yet I wanted to get in it being the 1st. do u just pick one game/winner a day?

Back