I'll admit it ... I don't understand the target audience for the iPad at ALL.

I think the target audience is those coming home from work, want to sit down and quickly check their e-mail, update facebook, check the weather, and maybe open a good book or watch a TV show. Thats about all I do, but I have to haul out our clunky 17" notebook to do so, and wait for windows XP to load. The real problem I have with this (and Apple's mobile device software in general) is that it is not multitask capable. How hard can it be to do this??? We've seen how many software updates to the iPhone, yet still no multitask. I will probably wait to bite on one of these until that becomes available.

I like my iPhone, but this looks like a big iPhone and does not look like it will replace my laptop any time soon. I like to be able to browse multiple windows, work on a spreadsheet and word document all at the same time. I don't want to close one to go to the other.

After a quick read and listening to the buzz I want to see how much AT&T is going to gouge me for the 3g service. If it's ridiculous, like I expect, the wifi shouldn't be too bad. As always waiting, I think, is the best option. Work out all the kinks and listen to consumer feedback and you might have something.

I'm glad they didn't go to the alternate name... iNewton 2k10

That thing is huge...can you imagine guys talking to other guys, "hey, that's a nice pad you got there" haa haa haa :laughing:

It needs a new name though...They should've asked women for thie input in the naming of this new device!!

No flash compatibility either! So even as a web browser it will be second rate. That seems like even more of a deal breaker than the multitasking. Hardly the "best web browsing experience ever!" if you can't even access 20-30% of modern websites.

V An unusual IPad review.

In spoilers because of some bad language.

Spoiler
[YOUTUBE]lQnT0zp8Ya4[/YOUTUBE]

Spoiler

OMG! Classic!

It's still slightly better than the prototype...

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9BnLbv6QYcA&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9BnLbv6QYcA&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

...and yes, I know The Onion is fake news, but this is the first thing that came to mind when I first heard of the iPad

Spoiler

Wow, ironic and yet disturbing. hehehe

Back