Wear a glove when putting?

sacul1573

What's a GIR?
Reaction score
Handicap
Lately I've been trying both to see if it makes a difference for me, but do you wear your glove when putting, or bother to take it off and pocket it? Why or why not?

If I'm lazy, I'll just keep my glove on, otherwise I'll try and take it off. I haven't really paid attention whether wearing a glove or not has better grip :confused2:

I kind of like the way the glove looks hanging out of my back pocket :)

+1, recently discovered I like no glove from <125 yds works better for me for some reason

it depends for me. if i am coming in with a 3/4 shot and a gap wedge in my hand i go for the glove. but if i am trying to hit a low runner with a 7 from 100.....like a little punch....no glove.

so basically....the more feel i need for the shot, i am more likely to take off the glove.

Two seasons back I started putting with a glove on, my putting improved that season probably had nothing to do with the glove but it's been there since

Nicklaus putted with a glove on and he's arguably the most clutch putter ever.

Myself, I take it off when I think about it, but more for preventing the white hand syndrome than because I putt better without it!

Nicklaus putted with a glove on and he's arguably the most clutch putter ever.

Myself, I take it off when I think about it, but more for preventing the white hand syndrome than because I putt better without it!

:wtf:

no glove for me!

I prefer to putt bare handed.. and around the green I'll go bare too ;)

The glove is off when I am putting. Actually, I only use a glove when I use the driver or fairway woods. I just like the feel better without the glove.

I prefer to putt bare handed.. and around the green I'll go bare too ;)

I was completely prepared for you to go all mind in the gutter on us there- but it's probably me who's mind is in the gutter.

I too putt and chip without a glove- always have done that since high school when my coach told us we'd have better feel without one. :confused2: Who am I go argue?

Lately I've been trying both to see if it makes a difference for me, but do you wear your glove when putting, or bother to take it off and pocket it? Why or why not?

Since I never wear a glove at all, I also don't wear it putting. :D

I will take my glove off for shots inside 100 yards. I don't know why I started doing it but it is part of my routine now.

Gave up wearing a glove several years ago have found for me I get better all around ball striking without a glove. When I wore a glove it always came off when putting.

I stopped wearing a glove at all last year except for in the rain or cold. So no more glove while putting.

I wear two gloves all the time, all four seasons. Skin damage caused by the sun is a big deal out here. Today the sun is not out but it is cold and rainy, so I would wear two gloves for that reason......if i were out golfing :D

I usually take it off to putt.No reason.

Back