When Will Tiger Return?

Diane

Reaction score
Ok - everyone is speculating when Tiger will make his return. What tournament do you think will be his first one back and why? How much will his concerns about his image play into his choice? Will he want to make a splash or return quietly?

He'll be back just for the Masters, why?? He's got a big head and can't pass that one up!! :D

I don't think he'll play in any tournaments during the 2010 season. I think he'll take the year off and work on his many off the course projects.

I would hope he would play in a couple of tournaments before the Masters. If not, I would hope he would skip the Masters, and start playing later on. (before the next major) If he makes his return at a the Masters, the media circus that would surround him would be mind boggling. The Masters is not the place for him to make his return. It would be selfish on his part to do so is my perception. The other players would not care for it either I would imagine, and their collective games would be negatively impacted by all the excess media BS..

Now the other side of the coin is that the Masters is a pretty controlled, private tournament. The media circus, to some extent could be controlled. Factor that in with marketing, ratings, money and the pressure from others for his "Master's Return" it would not be surprising to see him start playing again at that tournament.

Personally I think he should take the rest of the year off, and dedicate himself to his family. If there is even the slightest chance of reconciling, a few months off, and some publicity rehab is not going to do it in my opinion.

I would hope he would play in a couple of tournaments before the Masters. If not, I would hope he would skip the Masters, and start playing later on. (before the next major) If he makes his return at a the Masters, the media circus that would surround him would be mind boggling. The Masters is not the place for him to make his return. It would be selfish on his part to do so is my perception. The other players would not care for either I would imagine, and their collective games would be negatively impacted by all the excess media BS..

Now the other side of the coin is that the Masters is a pretty controlled, private tournament. The media circus, to some extent could be controlled. Factor that in with marketing, ratings, money and the pressure from others for his "Master's Return" it would be surprising to him start playing again at that tournament.

Personally I think he should take the rest of the year off, and dedicate himself to his family. If there is even the slightest chance of reconciling, a few months off, and some publicity rehab is not going to do it in my opinion.

Well that settles it then it will be at The Masters.:D

Does he have to return? Can't he just stay away? :D

I selfishly hope he returns soon, it's just not the same without Tiger in the field.

That would be OK if he comes back not as big of a pr*** as when he left!

I always go against the grain on this stuff, it doesn't bother me how he acts, I just like to watch him play.

I didn't ask when you WANT Tiger to return or how you feel about him. There are other threads for those opinions. Try to be objective.

I didn't ask when you WANT Tiger to return or how you feel about him. There are other threads for those opinions. Try to be objective.

Oh yeah, this is Diane's thread. Gotta stay on topic. :D

Oh yeah, this is Diane's thread. Gotta stay on topic. :D

Thank you Smallie.

Think about it - he can't play Accenture for the obvious reasons. Will he play one when other things are going on like the Super Bowl so the media/public attention is elsewhere? At some point - Tiger must have figured out that he needs to do some major PR work.

Masters. If he doesn't play the Masters then maybe the British?

Whatever tournament is before the US Open. I don't think he'll be able to pass up Pebble Beach.

I would agree with the Master's but will they allow him into the field? It has been discussed that they will not let it become the Tiger Coming Out Show.

I'll go with the Masters.

I would agree with the Master's but will they allow him into the field? It has been discussed that they will not let it become the Tiger Coming Out Show.

Can they keep him out if he wants to play? Aside from his lifetime exemption, think about the PR nightmare for them being the ones who said the #1 player in the world isn't welcome.

Can they keep him out if he wants to play? Aside from his lifetime exemption, think about the PR nightmare for them being the ones who said the #1 player in the world isn't welcome.

It's Augusta, they do what they want.

Whatever tournament is before the US Open. I don't think he'll be able to pass up Pebble Beach.

If not the Masters then for sure I agree right before the US Open.

The Masters.

The majors this year are any golfer's dream courses. No way can Tiger keep away.

The Masters.

The majors this year are any golfer's dream courses. No way can Tiger keep away.
And the first three are courses he lapped the field on to win previously. Could be his best shot at the Grand Slam. I don't know anything about the fourth course.

And the first three are courses he lapped the field on to win previously. Could be his best shot at the Grand Slam. I don't know anything about the fourth course.

Even Jack said this is Tiger's best shot at all 4 because the Masters he owns, Pebble he owns, St Andrews is his best scoring course at the Open Championship. The only question is the PGA @ Whistling Straits. Maybe the cheeseheads can give us an opinion whether the course falls within Tiger's wheel house.

Back