Is GolfTEC good for club fitting?

Pirate95

Let it snow......
Reaction score
Handicap
OOB 13.6
I plan on getting fitted for a new set of irons.Last year I took lessons through Golftech and found them to be extremely helpful.I was thinking of using them to fit me for my clubs,anyone use them or heard anything about them as far as fitting goes?

Last edited:
I am going there in 2 weeks for my fitting and final club selection. I will post a full review when the fitting is over. The technology that they use to get you fitted to not only the proper length, loft, and lie but the proper clubs for your game is amazing. Can't wait to see how the process works.

Looking forward to the results....Good luck!

I used them for lessons and a fitting last year. Saved my game after being away from golf for 3 years with a torn rotator cuff.

I used them for lessons and a fitting last year. Saved my game after being away from golf for 3 years with a torn rotator cuff.[

How did you feel the fitting went?

I had the same situation summer of 08' with my shoulder...torn rotator cuff and labrum with a disconnected biceps tendon.I cringe when I see a sling now.

I used them for lessons and a fitting last year. Saved my game after being away from golf for 3 years with a torn rotator cuff.[

How did you feel the fitting went?

I had the same situation summer of 08' with my shoulder...torn rotator cuff and labrum with a disconnected biceps tendon.I cringe when I see a sling now.

Well I had a few other nagging injuries from 10 years of Semi pro football. Nerve damage in my left foot, missing bones in my left big toe, back injuries.

When I went there for swing analysis they explained that my Pings were too short and that I needed clubs, however, since my swing was so bad they did not want to sell me clubs. They sold me a 6 iron, Mizuno, and worked on my swing for 3 months. Then they fitted me for clubs. I got Mizuno MP 52s and am very happy. Also breaking 90 on a regular basis.

I liked the video lessons and great advice. My instructor and fitter, same guy, worked for Mizuno on the tour and had some great teaching tips.

I just went to GolfTec for the first time yesterday, I'm hoping for a similar experience c03. He told me we would get into club fitment later in the process.

Well I had a few other nagging injuries from 10 years of Semi pro football. Nerve damage in my left foot, missing bones in my left big toe, back injuries.

When I went there for swing analysis they explained that my Pings were too short and that I needed clubs, however, since my swing was so bad they did not want to sell me clubs. They sold me a 6 iron, Mizuno, and worked on my swing for 3 months. Then they fitted me for clubs. I got Mizuno MP 52s and am very happy. Also breaking 90 on a regular basis.

I liked the video lessons and great advice. My instructor and fitter, same guy, worked for Mizuno on the tour and had some great teaching tips.

We have a lot in common,my shoulder was from repeated dis-locations during college football...I played at Wake Forest and East Carolina.Besides the 3 knee surgeries in school I've had 3 more cleanups since then.It's a great game but you pay the price later in life.

I took lessons there last summer,they were great,now I plan to get fitted since my swing has been worked on.My instructor advised me to wait til my swing was better before I went for new clubs and a fitting.

Did you like the process and did you feel well fitted?

I plan on getting fitted for a new set of irons.Last year I took lessons through Golftech and found them to be extremely helpful.I was thinking of using them to fit me for my clubs,anyone use them or heard anything about them as far as fitting goes?

There are several people here taking GolfTec lessons and they have threads on them. Well Diane and Claire do. Can't remember if MO started his yet or not. Seems like there's some others doing GolfTec too.

I'm not ready to discuss my GolfTec experience yet, let's just say seeing my swing on video was ummmmm........interesting.

I'm not ready to discuss my GolfTec experience yet, let's just say seeing my swing on video was ummmmm........interesting.

Baby steps MO. You're making progress. Next thing you know - we won't be able to tell you and Smallie apart.

Baby steps MO. You're making progress. Next thing you know - we won't be able to tell you and Smallie apart.

I'm not thnking that was EVER an issue Diane! lol

If you DO get fitted at golftec, let us know how it goes!

Hey mo, because Diane is planning on posting before/after vids of her swing (which she should do right away!), would you not be willing to as well...? :D

If you DO get fitted at golftec, let us know how it goes!

Hey mo, because Diane is planning on posting before/after vids of her swing (which she should do right away!), would you not be willing to as well...? :D
I'll have to wait and see what the end result is. I wouldn't want anybody to be damaged by looking at the before swing, if it gets fixed it will be a ringing endorsement for GolfTec!

How much is a club fitting through GolfTec? Does it only fit you for the clubs or do you get the clubs through them as well?

You got good advice. I was/am very happy with my golf tech fitting and lessons. Every exersize and drill they told me to do, I did. My game was never this good in my "prime."

I played football until I was 31. Wide receiver and took a beating. What I got out of football is the never quit attitude. I was told I would never golf again 3 years ago. Ba hum bug!

Hang in there, stick with it.

We have a lot in common,my shoulder was from repeated dis-locations during college football...I played at Wake Forest and East Carolina.Besides the 3 knee surgeries in school I've had 3 more cleanups since then.It's a great game but you pay the price later in life.

I took lessons there last summer,they were great,now I plan to get fitted since my swing has been worked on.My instructor advised me to wait til my swing was better before I went for new clubs and a fitting.

Did you like the process and did you feel well fitted?

i checkd one out here and it seemed very expensive to me

It did to me to. After the process of lessons and the fitting, I think there well worth the money. I had my most enjoyable year of golf. Good lessons and properly fit clubs. :banana::alien2::blob::clapp:

The cool part will be watching your swing get better. After 3 months I could not look at my first videos becuase my swing got so much better. Stick with it.

Last edited:
Recently had a GolfTec fitting a couple of weeks ago. I really enjoyed the custom fitting based on objective data. Never had my golf swing analyzed before. I was partial to the TM clubs. Thought I would like the Burners, but eventually got the R9's. I just hit them the best. They calculated dverything from the apprpriate shaft to the right grip, to the right angle of my club head. It was very professional, and I like things based on factual data than random tinkering. It is a little costly - I think around $300. But if you buy clubs with them, they cut the fee in half and apply it towards the clubs you purchase. They have a relationship with Golfsmith, so all of their club prices are Golfsmith prices, which are about the same as any major retailer (Golf Galaxy, Edwin Watts, etc.). I did a complete bag fitting - irons, driver, fairway, ball fitting. I learned a lot, and the video analysis exposed problems withe my swing which I am looking forward to addressing at the GolfTec in future lessons.
Nice guys - I had problems with my clubs. First of all, they got shipped with standard grips, I ordered mid-size, so they arranged and managed all of the grip changes on my clubs. Then the head of my 7 iron flew off my club at the range. They called TM and got a new 7 iron made and sent to me in 2 days. So GolfTec, I believe was a terrific place to get fitted with the latest in golf analysis technology. In addition, they offer standard market prices. I considered the half off the fitting fee a little bonus by buying the clubs with them. Most importantly, they were great advocates for me when my clubs did not come as ordered. Let me know if you have any questions.

Recently had a GolfTec fitting a couple of weeks ago. I really enjoyed the custom fitting based on objective data. Never had my golf swing analyzed before. I was partial to the TM clubs. Thought I would like the Burners, but eventually got the R9's. I just hit them the best. They calculated dverything from the apprpriate shaft to the right grip, to the right angle of my club head. It was very professional, and I like things based on factual data than random tinkering. It is a little costly - I think around $300. But if you buy clubs with them, they cut the fee in half and apply it towards the clubs you purchase. They have a relationship with Golfsmith, so all of their club prices are Golfsmith prices, which are about the same as any major retailer (Golf Galaxy, Edwin Watts, etc.). I did a complete bag fitting - irons, driver, fairway, ball fitting. I learned a lot, and the video analysis exposed problems withe my swing which I am looking forward to addressing at the GolfTec in future lessons.
Nice guys - I had problems with my clubs. First of all, they got shipped with standard grips, I ordered mid-size, so they arranged and managed all of the grip changes on my clubs. Then the head of my 7 iron flew off my club at the range. They called TM and got a new 7 iron made and sent to me in 2 days. So GolfTec, I believe was a terrific place to get fitted with the latest in golf analysis technology. In addition, they offer standard market prices. I considered the half off the fitting fee a little bonus by buying the clubs with them. Most importantly, they were great advocates for me when my clubs did not come as ordered. Let me know if you have any questions.

Great info...I'm glad you had a good experience.

Back