Official Hole In One Thread

I was hoping I was going to read that you got an ace, GC!

Two feet is as close as I've gotten, a few times.

Yesterday......oh so close :alien:

310yd dogleg left par 4 at the local 9 hole course.

Crushed a hybrid hanging out to the right and drawing to the hole.....felt amazing, 1 bounce into the flag stick straight down......we thought it was in but got there and it was sitting 2 inches behind the cup......

amazing excitement then bitter dissapointment

the saddest i've ever felt after a great shot

:bananadance:

ace

ace

I have been lucky enough to score two aces. The first one came on a 117 yard
par 3 with about 70 foot elevation drop to the green over a creek.
Used a sand wedge ,the ball one hopped and in the Jar! that was 15 years ago.

The second came on a 157 yard par 3 used an 8 iron hit 6 feet short of the cup, couple of bounces and broke to the right and rolled in the cup.That was seven years ago . I got to be due!!

I had several close calls before and since , had one roll up to the side of a hole and sit there with half a ball hanging over the hole but wouldn't fall.
Couple of hit flag sticks and so on.

Is it wrong to want more? I sure love the feeling !! I don't know, but once you score an ace
you really believe the next close shot will fall in . Good luck guys and gals

L57

Scholl Canyon Hole-In-One!

Scholl Canyon Hole-In-One!

Scholl Canyon. Glendale, CA. Hole #2. 103 yards to the the middle. White flag. PW. 8:00 a.m. Coffee. Knew I hit a good shot RIGHT on line. Flat green, looked like the ball had stopped. Seconds later.... DROP. Couldn't believe it! Didn't believe it until I found my Callaway 2 sitting in the hole! Never forget it....

The odds of a Tour player making an ace are 2,375 to 1. The odds for an average golfer are 12,000 to 1, according to Golf Digest . The PGA Tour averages 31 holes in one a year compared to 25 on the LPGA Tour.

Just a tad bit of information for the daily Golf Fact calendar :)

I am pretty sure I should almost be to the 12,000 mark, so I am expecting my HIO soon.:D I have come very close. I think it should count when one drops into the hole and pops out!:banghead:

The PGA Tour averages 31 holes in one year compared to 25 on the LPGA Tour.
That's a pretty close stat considering how many more tournaments there are on the PGA Tour. I've never checked, but I'd guess there are more people on the PGA than the LPGA too.

Scholl Canyon. Glendale, CA. Hole #2. 103 yards to the the middle. White flag. PW. 8:00 a.m. Coffee. Knew I hit a good shot RIGHT on line. Flat green, looked like the ball had stopped. Seconds later.... DROP. Couldn't believe it! Didn't believe it until I found my Callaway 2 sitting in the hole! Never forget it....

Nice story. I can close my eyes and smell the coffee in the early morning breeze. Very nice first post.

Welcome to THP. Tell us about yourself in the Introduction thread.

My experience took place at #3 at Caledonia golf club in Myrtle Beach, SC. The hole was 177 yds and i hit a 6 iron. The ball flew straight into the cup. Here's where it gets interesting! When we got to the green we could see that about 1/2 of the ball was visible. My shot literally plugged into the lip of the hole, 1/2 below the surface, 1/2 above. We called the pro shop and had the ranger come to the green b/c we weren't sure what to do. I had to mark the ball, repair the area and place the ball outside the cup. Not quite a hole in one but a half of one for sure!

This is still the only time I have ever heard of this happening

My 1st and only...so far
Trillium Links, Cashiers, NC. Hole 8...PAR 4 (no kidding) 281 yards on November 10,2003. I hit my Driver, it was a Taylor Made Burner.....the first one that came out. It was up hill and I wish I could tell you how beautiful this hole is. We were in a tournament and I just said, "I am going to tee it high, get it over those trees and in the hole fellas". And thats exactly what happened. You can not see the green from the tee box so I had NO clue it went in til I got up there and couldnt find my ball, the last place I checked was in the hole. the ball was a Top Flite Xl....hahaha. The President of the club paid for the beer for the rest of the night. Still the only one to hole out on that hole to this day!

Here is the hole!
Trillium Links Tour | Lifestyle | Mountain Homes, Cashiers, NC - Trillium

GO to hole 8 and thats it

My 1st and only...so far
Trillium Links, Cashiers, NC. Hole 8...PAR 4 (no kidding) 281 yards on November 10,2003. I hit my Driver, it was a Taylor Made Burner.....the first one that came out. It was up hill and I wish I could tell you how beautiful this hole is. We were in a tournament and I just said, "I am going to tee it high, get it over those trees and in the hole fellas". And thats exactly what happened. You can not see the green from the tee box so I had NO clue it went in til I got up there and couldnt find my ball, the last place I checked was in the hole. the ball was a Top Flite Xl....hahaha. The President of the club paid for the beer for the rest of the night. Still the only one to hole out on that hole to this day!

Here is the hole!
Trillium Links Tour | Lifestyle | Mountain Homes, Cashiers, NC - Trillium

GO to hole 8 and thats it

yeah, yeah, yeah, how many times do i have to hear this story? Nah, it's a gorgeous hole though.

Wow TC, partialy in and out? That should be a hole out IMHO.

Good job Shanks. I've played the best part of 35 years and been close, but no cigar. My mother started in her 40's, still plays at 79, and has 4 or 5, hehe.

Wow TC, partialy in and out? That should be a hole out IMHO.

Good job Shanks. I've played the best part of 35 years and been close, but no cigar. My mother started in her 40's, still plays at 79, and has 4 or 5, hehe.

Thanks, no kidding, thats cool. You know, the older players dont hit it far but they are as accurate as it gets

I missed at a golf outing. $10K for a hole in one. 205 yards, blind green, the spotted started waving his arms wildly then stopped and held up his hands 6 inches apart. I got a birdie and beach towel for close to the pin.

It makes me sooooo sad...never had one.

These are what I have had:
Hole-in-one PAR
- Playing against buddy in match play, 17th hole was 191 over water. 6-iron, pulled draw into the water left. Re-tee and smoke the next one, one bounce, roll, in the hole. FML.

(2) Double Eagles
:)

OK here is my story and I,m sticking to it. My wife for some reason decided she wanted to play golf with me and her brother (this was her third time to play) We went to Mexia golf club which was a poorly kept coarse,rented two carts she was assigned to one me and bro to the other (planned on parting later).The second hole was a par three with water in front of the man's tee the ladies was on the other side of the water,my shot was pulled to the left in tall grass short of the green.
My brother in law's shot was sliced into the woods, We don't have very good manners when it comes to playing with my wife (I guess) anyway we went looking for his ball while she was getting ready to hit (a very very long process) We hear this screaming Look! Look! She hits a three wood 156 yards three bounces in the hole. We played the next hole together then went on as a twosome and a single. Tired of her giving us lessons.Later at the club house we had to hear the whole story from two older people who saw the shot.

My first and last... so far...

My first and last... so far...

Hole: Par 3 13th @ Woodbridge CC, Woodbridge CT
Distance: 188 yards
Club 5 Iron
A few words: It was an up hill hole so unfortunately I did not get to see it go in, but with the roar of the gallery I immediately knew it was in...(kidding). I was so pumped up that I jacked my next drive way left, but I managed to save a bogey on 14 and went on to shoot 76. All in all not a bad day.

August 2nd 2008
Morning of my girlfriends birthday I snuck out of bed early to meet the boys for a round at 6:45. We got the the second hole of The Oaks golf course in Madison, WI which was a 145yard par 3. I pulled out my brand new, never been on the course Cleveland 50 degree gap wedge and drew the ball slightly to land past the hole by about 6ft. Back spin kicked up and the ball came straight back into the cup. Lucky for me we were playing early enought that no one was in the clubhouse but our foursome so I didn't have to buy a ton of drinks.

August 2nd 2008
Morning of my girlfriends birthday I snuck out of bed early to meet the boys for a round at 6:45. We got the the second hole of The Oaks golf course in Madison, WI which was a 145yard par 3. I pulled out my brand new, never been on the course Cleveland 50 degree gap wedge and drew the ball slightly to land past the hole by about 6ft. Back spin kicked up and the ball came straight back into the cup. Lucky for me we were playing early enought that no one was in the clubhouse but our foursome so I didn't have to buy a ton of drinks.

Very cool :clapp:

Jan 31 2010

Finally got my first hole in one after too many close calls

Desert Willow Golf Resort - Mountain Course Palm Desert California

Hole #11 162 yards over water

Used a 5 iron

Nice high draw that landed on the green and rolled in.

200 Yard par 3, 5 iron. I was pared up with two older guys who had a hard time seeing the ball land, I hit a great shot and li landed about 5 feet left of the pin and about 10 feet short, too a right check and disappeared. I was getting excited and asked the old guy next to me, "did that go in?" he said, "I don't know, did it hit the green?" So I had not one to celebrate with until I got to the green and pulled it out of the hole. Needless to say I was excited and I shanked my drive about 400 yards right on the next hole.

How many people have gotten more than 1? I've yet to get mine!! Although, I've come pretty close :wink: birdies on a Par 3 :D

a couple years ago

3rd hole at Round Barn Golf Club

115 yards PW

did not see it go in - pin was tucked behind a mound that is directly behind a pot bunker --- a sucker pin that let me in.

Thank you Golf Gods!

Back