My new "addiction"

SeeMoreGuy

They Make 'em. I Buy 'em.
Reaction score
In December, after going thru a complete club makeover...I publicly vowed to NOT buy any clubs for the entire year of 2010. I intend to keep that part of the bargin with myself. However, I have developed an new "addiction"....golf shoes. I have picked up five pair of golf shoes the last two weeks and now must go public to say I will not buy any more golf shoes this year.There, I said it so therefore it must be true. I should be totally set with everything golf for the entire year....man I sure hope so.

Anyone else have binge buying episodes in their golf life?

I had a binge of club hoeness. Except it only got as far as buying one extra driver. I had many purchases lined up intended for re-sale, but because of my budget I ended it before I could do anything.

Yep, but my clubs were extremely old. Driver, 3 wood, 3 hybrids, a full set of irons, one niblick, a putter and one pair of shoes. Durn, until I added them up I thought I did ok.

In December, after going thru a complete club makeover...I publicly vowed to NOT buy any clubs for the entire year of 2010. I intend to keep that part of the bargin with myself. However, I have developed an new "addiction"....golf shoes. I have picked up five pair of golf shoes the last two weeks and now must go public to say I will not buy any more golf shoes this year.There, I said it so therefore it must be true. I should be totally set with everything golf for the entire year....man I sure hope so.

I have no problem with binge shopping, but I think you should rethink your plan to not buy any more this year. It's only January. I know I would never be able to stick to a vow like that.

King of the Ho's

King of the Ho's

I can just about see a Seemore putter somewhere in 2010 :D

Not usually a problem for me. I have to explain most of my golf purchases to my wife.... "nuff said?

Im with you Keith. I have A LOT of golf shoes. As of this morning, I have over 20 pairs and counting.

Whenever I am at Target or Walmart I pick up a box of balls. Sometimes I end up with excessive stock... But fortunately the course I play is very tight, and a horrific spell of terrible performance is never far away! :banana:

Im with you Keith. I have A LOT of golf shoes. As of this morning, I have over 20 pairs and counting.

Speaking of shoes. I was watching the Champions tour tonight and Freddie Couples has on shoes that looked like sneakers? No spikes? You have any like that and if so who makes them? They were black with red bottoms.

Speaking of shoes. I was watching the Champions tour tonight and Freddie Couples has on shoes that looked like sneakers? No spikes? You have any like that and if so who makes them? They were black with red bottoms.

I saw those too. They looked like indoor soccer shoes. I was very curious about them.

My weakness is shopping, so you can imagine all the golf clothing/shoes/accessories that I have in just a few short months that I've been playing :nono:

Probably golf balls, and beverages from the cart girl(s) are my binge buying articles. I am pretty much through buying drivers, and putters. The rest of my clubs usually get replaced every three to five years. Golf ball clearance sales pretty much own me. :D

I saw those too. They looked like indoor soccer shoes. I was very curious about them.

Freddie is sponsored by Ecco.

. . . one day at a time.

That being said I usually play once a week, but have three pairs of shoes I use. I have four other pairs that have never seen a golf course yet.

I was doing well with buying a new bag for myself (birthday gift), but have since bought and traded a 3 wood and hybrid. And, thanks to the "DSO" I came home today with a DST Driver and two hybrids.

I'm not sure if it's the "name", but we are in the right place.

Reactions: JB
I am in deep trouble. Since Christmas I have purchased a new bag, driver, three fairway woods, and a niblick. Due to weather I have not played since November.:banghead:

I am a shoe ho! Only got through the first of the twelve recovery steps. I now own 8 pairs including a pair of Nikes I bought and then never wore. I go through periods where I prefer blue/black hued clothing and the black gets lots of use, then I go through a khaki phase and the browns get hauled out. Summers mean shorts, so white and black dominate my shoe selection.

There are worse addictions, ask Tiger.

I am in deep trouble. Since Christmas I have purchased a new bag, driver, three fairway woods, and a niblick. Due to weather I have not played since November.:banghead:

I feel you man! Ive bought a set of clubs had second thoughts and returned them, bought a new putter, a new driver, new puma golf shoes and new hybrid. And now I want to buy the new Diablo Edge driver thanks to the DSO. You might like this. Order a new club thats not out and it will arrive at a later date. Like Christmas all over!!! You might even forget about it and be surprised!! :banana:

Last edited:
Not usually a problem for me. I have to explain most of my golf purchases to my wife.... "nuff said?

My wife's rule is for every 1 I purchase, I have to sell 1. It's a good rule and keeps my budget much lower. It also forces you to say, do I really need that club or do I really want that club.

I always seem to wear white shoes. My last 4 pairs of adidas have been wht/black stripes. I thought my wife wouldn't notice the change if they were the same color. Nope. But, I think I should get a black pair to wear w/blue or black outfits.

EDIT: I do seem to be hoarding golf gloves. TM Tour Preferred has become my new favorite and I couldn't find my size in Indy or at the Tmaxgear website. So when I found them on line I bought 10. I am I addicted, too?:golf:

Last edited:
I binge buy whenever starting a new hobby, obsession, etc. I used to never have cigars stored at home and in the last 2 months I have gone from zero cigars at home to almost 1000 sticks. With golf, I can't pass a sale rack in the golf store without picking something up. I probably have over 100 golf shirts and about 50 shorts, except I only wear a small percentage of them. I am that person who thinks it looks good hanging there on the rack and then when I get it home I don't like how it looks on me. So I just hang it back up and never take it down again. Eventually they make their way into the goodwill pile every few months. We have a lot of homeless people here in Vegas wearing some very nice golf shirts thanks to me! :)

Back