Antikythera

Reaction score
Handicap
Anyone ever played golf in the snow?? I don't mean while a few flakes are falling. I mean a few days after it has snowed and there are a few inches of snow covering the ground. I have heard about this happening in the past, but didn't know how true the rumors were.

Yep! Im Lamar, Mo years ago we had a snow golf outting every year at the club there. It really was a blast, but I drank a lot more back then. Not sure I could fortify myself enough for the cold conditions now!

Nope, snow way am I playing in the stuff.

Re: Snow Golf

I will play as it is falling, but I won't play when there is any accumulation. I have a hard enough time trying to find my ball and I don't need it hiding in any snow drifts.

We have a charity event every year on new years day. The Polar Bear Classic. It used to be a one club one hole event, but now it is a 3 club one hole event. I played one year when it was 40 degrees and only a few patches of snow, but usually there is a few inches of snow and wind chills below zero. Chili and hot chocolate after. actually a pretty good time.

I have played when it just started during the round, but accumulations never reached problem depths. Also, I have played a few days after a snow storm when the course still had snow in the shady sides of the fairways. Since snow is water, it is casual water and you get a free drop. Not too bad.

I haven't. I've played where there were patches of snow left, but not when the ground was covered.

Do it all the time...played here in Iowa 91 consecutive months.

There is a Wendys Chili-Dip the first weekend of February in the Quad cities that attracts about 250 golfers a year.

They have snow golf here in Madison on Lake Mendota. Never tried it, but it looks like fun. Im thinking you would have to treat it like every shot is a bunker shot.

Back