TwoSolitudes

Swingin' for the fences
Reaction score
I was looking at getting a Hybrid and I see that last year the Nickent 3DX was one of the top rated for the higher handicapers. So while looking for that I see a few sites selling whole sets of the RC for pretty cheap- I guess clearing them out for cost. It actually would be better to get the full set with two hybrids then just to get the single club- assuming I can find a set with the right specs.

I am playing what would be considered super improvement clubs now, but I have dropped 15 strokes in the last year and can now break 100. I would like to move back to GI irons- maybe by the end of this year. Would the 3dX RC's be considered GI clubs? At the cheap price they are going for, would they be worth buying and then just putting aside the 5-PW till I am ready for them?

I play the 3DX RC Hybrid/Iron set myself. I would say that they are in the GI category. On the Hybrid side, the 4DX was more of a player's hybrid, while the 5DX seemed to be better for most people than either the 3DX RC or 4DX.

As another option, you could keep your eyes open for a set of the 4DX CB irons out there, they should be available for a great price as well, and pair them with 3DX RC or 5DX hybrids.

I play the 3DX RC Hybrid/Iron set myself. I would say that they are in the GI category. On the Hybrid side, the 4DX was more of a player's hybrid, while the 5DX seemed to be better for most people than either the 3DX RC or 4DX.

As another option, you could keep your eyes open for a set of the 4DX CB irons out there, they should be available for a great price as well, and pair them with 3DX RC or 5DX hybrids.

I picked up a set of the 4DX CB's, 5-pw, 3,4 Ironwoods for $135 a couple of weeks ago. I used them last week and I really like the irons, not so much with the hybrids. I think I would rather have a 3 and 4 iron. I have always hit long irons good, I just feel more comfortable hitting an iron.

The 3DX RC Hybrids are going for 40 bucks some places. At that price It's worth buying blind and trying out given its success in the shoot out in 2009. Maybe I'll just pick up a 4H for now. My wife might have a fit if another full set of clubs arrived at the door!

The 3DX RC Hybrids are going for 40 bucks some places. At that price It's worth buying blind and trying out given its success in the shoot out in 2009. Maybe I'll just pick up a 4H for now. My wife might have a fit if another full set of clubs arrived at the door!

My wife didn't and still doesn't know.

I saw 5-pw on sale for $99.00 at Rockbottomgolf I was thinking of doing the same thing just buy blind but then that little voice took over. Damn that little voice!!! :banghead:

Just got the graphite 3dx rc 4H off Ebay- New for 28.88 plus shipping. If I hate it, I'll send it to JB for a give away contest. But I have a feeling it will be a winner.

Back