Hosel Rocket -- Uggggggly

forgive my ignorance, but what's up?

I have a bulging disc in my neck and major muscle spasms from it. About 2 weeks ago I couldn't move my head and my entire right arm and hand was completely numb. I went to the doctor and she put me on some meds which seemed to really work but I was still experiencing some pain in my neck and getting back headaches from it. She said the spasms are still really bad and I need to refrain from any major physical activity for at least another three weeks which meant no gym (which i was actually ok with haha) and no golf. But I started to feel better this week so I decided to hit the range just about everyday just for 15-20 minutes but everyday my neck has been hurting just a little more. If it doesn't get better by my next Dr. appt them it's off to physical therapy I go.

I have a bulging disc in my neck and major muscle spasms from it. About 2 weeks ago I couldn't move my head and my entire right arm and hand was completely numb. I went to the doctor and she put me on some meds which seemed to really work but I was still experiencing some pain in my neck and getting back headaches from it. She said the spasms are still really bad and I need to refrain from any major physical activity for at least another three weeks which meant no gym (which i was actually ok with haha) and no golf. But I started to feel better this week so I decided to hit the range just about everyday just for 15-20 minutes but everyday my neck has been hurting just a little more. If it doesn't get better by my next Dr. appt them it's off to physical therapy I go.

I would highly suggest that you look into accupuncture. Call it what you will, it works. It couldn't hurt to at least go through the consulting. Chinese medicines & herbs and a treatment can fix a lot. I had disc problems in my lower back from kayaking a lot in my youth. I had days where i couldn't tie my own shoes. I saw a lot of dr.'s, lots of chiropractors, and none of it helped.

the funny thing was when i did my accupuncture treatment they stuck me in my feet. never had a problem since. i've even had treatments for my knees.

just something to check out.

I would highly suggest that you look into accupuncture. Call it what you will, it works. It couldn't hurt to at least go through the consulting. Chinese medicines & herbs and a treatment can fix a lot. I had disc problems in my lower back from kayaking a lot in my youth. I had days where i couldn't tie my own shoes. I saw a lot of dr.'s, lots of chiropractors, and none of it helped.

the funny thing was when i did my accupuncture treatment they stuck me in my feet. never had a problem since. i've even had treatments for my knees.

just something to check out.

hmm, I honestly never even thought about that. I am just hoping when I go back she says I am fine, but judging by how much my neck hurts right now I am pretty sure that won't be the case. Thanks for the info :clapp:

GG decided to thread jack this one somewhere. Lets get this one back to golf talk and save the rest for banter thread. Thanks.

Since I watched Tin Cup again last night, I know the cure. You have to put all your change in your left pocket, double knot your left shoe, turn your visor around backwards, and put a tee behind your left ear. Voila! Cured!

Always a good way to get rid of the Spanks directly from the mouth of the Mexican Mac O'Grady and especially if you're shooting chili peppers up Lee Janzen's ass.

See I said we better forget about the "s" word. We don't want any other hackers to get those. Here's my confession, at one of our ranges (which is now a home development :angry:) They had metal fences around each person to prevent shooting one down the line, but I think I would rather hit it down the line than have the loud bang that came after I sha... I mean hosel'd it. Everyone stopped what they were doing just to look at me, boy was that embarrasing even people at the bar were chuckling.

About a year or two ago, when on the range, occasionally near the end of a session I would get the shanks with my wedges. I could hit dozens of balls and shank them all. It was the most confusing thing to me. After this happened several straight sessions I started backing away after the second or third one and would just swing the club and work on tempo for a few minutes. It usually cleared up after that, thankfully it never happened on the course and I think it was more of just me hitting so many balls I was getting lazy with my swing towards the end of the range session.

The only time I really get them is on the range with my wedges. I always figured the same thing about losing concentration, with me, not taking a practice swing is the start of the problem.

I've not really had a lot of problem with them, but was golfing with my step brother years ago when he hit one off the tbox straight sideways about kneecap high. The ball way a rocket and heading at a couple of carts with guys pulling away after their drives. We scream "FOUR" about the same time they seen it coming. All four guy's bailed, two went to the ground. That sucker sounded like a rifle shot when it hit the cart, :D

"Ever want to get away"? I still crack up when I remember it.

One year I had the shanks where I couldn't hit any club. I just shanked everything. I fixed that somehow after just gaining some confidence, but every year to that day There will be a one or two day span where I will completely shank all my wedges the whole round. It just comes back.

:D:D
One year I had the shanks where I couldn't hit any club. I just shanked everything. I fixed that somehow after just gaining some confidence, but every year to that day There will be a one or two day span where I will completely shank all my wedges the whole round. It just comes back.

I am sorry Dent,,,, but it makes me feel good when single digit golfers like yourself fess up to the "S" thang :D You are going to make a great teacher one day because you have been there, done that......

:D:D

I am sorry Dent,,,, but it makes me feel good when single digit golfers like yourself fess up to the "S" thang :D You are going to make a great teacher one day because you have been there, done that......

It happens to the best of us Gray. I think everyone gets it once. :act-up:

Back