The official Banter Away Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair Harry, that was from 2007.

Here's my favorite:
7. Harold McSpaden -- One of the Gold Dust Twins with Byron Nelson, McSpaden was a 17-time winner on tour.

He was my Uncle's (my dad's sister's husband) brother (or cousin!) or something.

Watching my Wife cook is exacerbating. She's making mac and cheese pancakes for two girls while I wait to make us fish and chips. I was hovering around behind her watching her work, and it looked like an incident was on the horizon. A bad incident.

I can't wait until she gets away from my range.

Kevin

What are mac and cheese pancakes?

We've been invited to an '80s party, costumes encouraged. The invitation specifically mentioned mullets.

Which 80s look will you be going for Claire?

Good Girl:
81_physical_98.jpg

or

Bad Girl:
madge4_11july_rex_200.jpg

No leg warmers any more, so I'll have to do the artfully ripped tee shirt. I think I still have my Flashdance-inspired jeans mini skirt, and I bet I can fit into it.

Fantastic, and remember it is all in the hair, lots and lots of Aqua Net!

Fantastic, and remember it is all in the hair, lots and lots of Aqua Net!

Oh carp--I may need to go to Claire's and buy cheapo extensions.

Shoes--what shoes did we wear in the '80s? I totally forget.

Oh carp--I may need to go to Claire's and buy cheapo extensions.

Shoes--what shoes did we wear in the '80s? I totally forget.
I'm guessing baby shoes...that memory is absent because you were so young.....:D

here's some inspiration:

dynasty546x20_small.jpg

Chuck Taylors.

Perfect, I had about 20 pairs, one in an aqua blue and another very hot pink, hightops of course! And you need to wear three different socks, all neon in color stacked on top of each other.

My cat can't use a Quija board. He is getting better with the crystal ball though. And his sister is getting good at Tarot readings.

Moved the post over here, to keep JB happy.

How does your cat's sister manage that without opposable thumbs?

Perfect, I had about 20 pairs, one in an aqua blue and another very hot pink, hightops of course! And you need to wear three different socks, all neon in color stacked on top of each other.

these would be pretty sweet for a lady to sport at an 80's party:

classicsportshoes_2090_187843607

Good Lord, whatever you come up with Claire post a pic. Please

I'll have to work on that combover mullet then.

How did they cut those sweatshirts, anyway?

For the sweatshirt you need to cut most of the top off so that you get the opening wide enough to go off the shoulder. You need to cut the sleeves too:
flashdance_l1.jpg

Here is an awesome 80s tattoo you could get Claire.
Spoiler
mt-rushmore-golden-girls-tattoo.jpg

For the sweatshirt you need to cut most of the top off so that you get the opening wide enough to go off the shoulder. You need to cut the sleeves too:
flashdance_l1.jpg

Thanks--I figured I could find that picture. Now to decide whether to show off black, red, or cheetah print bra straps. I'm kinda past the stage where I could go without.

Gas, that is a hilarious tattoo!

Claire, I think you go with black.

Agreed on the color.

Do you suppose I can use my kids' temporary tattoos?

Edit: You know The Golden Girls had a huge gay following.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back