The Happy Happy Joy Joy Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We bought some tea bulbs and they're pretty neat, its a bulb, and then when its in hot water, it blossoms and these tea blossoms will last all day on just 1. Pretty cool :clapp: We only have peach white tea, but hopefully soon they will come out with some other ones. They just have peach and strawberry, soon will try the strawberry and its a red flower that blossoms :)

The package from THanks arrived today. I love this shirt. It's pink, but has teeny tiny yellow dots and it fits me perfectly. It's a good pink for me too. Oh - I almost forgot the best part - it has a tee holder and the tees that came with it are tie-dye. I :love: THanks.

The package from THanks arrived today. I love this shirt. It's pink, but has teeny tiny yellow dots and it fits me perfectly. It's a good pink for me too. Oh - I almost forgot the best part - it has a tee holder and the tees that came with it are tie-dye. I :love: THanks.

Very cool Diane :) I hope that brought a smile to your face!!

That should help out your carpy day Diane. Glad it showed up today!

So my pumpkin pie gets home from school and I hear her faintly talking to her mom. I'm still hiding in the basement to avoid helping Mrs. Esox. She then comes down the stairs to our home office. By the look on her face, I can tell she's going to try and trick me, so I get ready to go into outrage mode.

She starts giving me a sob story about a poor grade on a math test, but she's talking so fast trying to get through it without laughing that it falls apart. She was really excited.

Math test-100%
Two Language Arts projects-Both at 100%
Worm dissection practical-5 out of 5 for another 100%.

Not a bad day for my Junior Lancer. The math test should bring her to or to the edge of an A for the class. Pretty great after a couple early stumbles.

Kevin

So my pumpkin pie gets home from school and I hear her faintly talking to her mom. I'm still hiding in the basement to avoid helping Mrs. Esox. She then comes down the stairs to our home office. By the look on her face, I can tell she's going to try and trick me, so I get ready to go into outrage mode.

She starts giving me a sob story about a poor grade on a math test, but she's talking so fast trying to get through it without laughing that it falls apart. She was really excited.

Math test-100%
Two Language Arts projects-Both at 100%
Worm dissection practical-5 out of 5 for another 100%.

Not a bad day for my Junior Lancer. The math test should bring her to or to the edge of an A for the class. Pretty great after a couple early stumbles.

Kevin

Sounds like Dad should buy ice cream sundae's tonight. Congrats to Jr Lancer. I had a perfect 100% for about a week in Chemistry. I was so proud of myself. I even clipped the paper to my shirt so everyone could see it. I was a Senior in high school when I did this by the way.

Haha! Congrats Kevin, you must be proud!

Sounds like Dad should buy ice cream sundae's tonight. Congrats to Jr Lancer. I had a perfect 100% for about a week in Chemistry. I was so proud of myself. I even clipped the paper to my shirt so everyone could see it. I was a Senior in high school when I did this by the way.

She's having a vegetarian friend over for Mac and Cheese pancakes, a meal we had on vacation in NYC. Sounds weird, but it is really good.

Haha! Congrats Kevin, you must be proud!

I am. Between how hard she has worked on her golf game and her math, it's hard for me to stop picking her up and squeezing her. She doesn't like it much, she's twelve after all, but I do it anyway.

Kevin

Congrats to Jr Lancer on reaping the fruits of hard work!

She's having a vegetarian friend over for Mac and Cheese pancakes, a meal we had on vacation in NYC. Sounds weird, but it is really good.

That does sound weird, but good. I'll bet you're glad that her friend isn't vegan.

Between how hard she has worked on her golf game and her math, it's hard for me to stop picking her up and squeezing her. She doesn't like it much, she's twelve after all, but I do it anyway.

My boys were standoff-ish like that at her age, but are now more affectionate (in a "masculine" way of course :sarcastic:). They'll bear hug me or my wife now, but it wasn't long ago they would just say "you too" when we told them we love them.

I am. Between how hard she has worked on her golf game and her math, it's hard for me to stop picking her up and squeezing her. She doesn't like it much, she's twelve after all, but I do it anyway.

Kevin

I thought you said you knew when she was trying to trick you? She would be disappointed if you stopped.

Very cool, Kevin! Props to the junior.

Yay J.L. !!!!! :clap:

The place where we play indoor golf has two semi-private rooms and a private room. We decided to pay extra for the private room today and I'm so happy we did. The loudest women were playing in the semi-private room and we would have been next to them. One of my friends said that the other women had "beauty parlor" voices. That made me laugh.

It was so nice to get out in the sunshine and hit the ball. Had a great time.

It was so nice to get out in the sunshine and hit the ball. Had a great time.

I think tomorrow we'll try that haa haa ;)

Is golf Sisyphean?

Kevin

Kevin - I asked my golf friends this question and they all said no. When I told them that people here thought it was, they all asked why these people played golf if they felt that way.

Kevin - I asked my golf friends this question and they all said no. When I told them that people here thought it was, they all asked why these people played golf if they felt that way.

Because Sisyphus was happy.

Because Sisyphus was happy.

And since golf, while a never ending tantalizing struggle for many, is nowhere near as difficult as pushing a big rock up a hill, golfers must be happy, too.

Kevin

My father has been converting old slides to his computer - I'm not sure how, but he emails a few to me each day. So far today - I've gotten photos of me at 6 months, age 2 and age 8. They always make me smile.

Messed around with the WiiFit Plus last night. It said my WiiFit age was 39!

Either Smallie or MO has to change their avatar. I'm getting confused who is saying what now.

That isn't very happy happy joy joy

I almost just told you that of course the WiiFit said you were 39 because you are, but it was Smallie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back