Unwanted Instruction

I wouldn't want a guy telling another guy something like that for me. You should only step in when we can't handle things ourselves.

Hmmm, I can respect that. I still think my way would be more amusing for me though. If the lady mentioned that she wished the guy would quit giving her advice would that be a green light to blast him?

Mind your own business is usually good advice.Practicing it and preaching it.

A clarification: I meant women I am dating or good female friends. Not random women.

Hmmm, I can respect that. I still think my way would be more amusing for me though. If the lady mentioned that she wished the guy would quit giving her advice would that be a green light to blast him?
LMAO
And then she shows up as a witness for the prosecution at your assualt and battery trail

No. Not unless she asked you to. Most women can make a guy feel much smaller than you could.

LMAO
And then she shows up as a witness for the prosecution at your assualt and battery trail

I meant verbally, not physically. I would just tell him to shut up and play, nobody wants a playing lesson unless they are actually paying for one. :confused2:

If it became a throwdown from there that's a different story.:D

I have a real problem figuring out when I should do stuff like that. On some occasions when I've tried to "save" a woman, I've been reprimanded.

I just shut up now. When the lady and I first started dating I started a shoving match with 3 frat boys who made a comment at her in front of a club. Luckily they got scared and took off because they could of kicked my ass. The relationship got weird for a few days after that, so know when any confrontation arises and she expects me to get involved, I bring that up.

4. Yes, I know I have a nice ass, but please don't mess with my swing just because you are hoping to get a better look because you aren't going to get anywhere.

Harry- How often have YOU had to use #4? :laughing:

-Steven

I just shut up now.

That's my M.O. too. But I always wonder when (and if) it's time to be the "man". I always think that women somehow expect you to do that, even if they don't say it.

That's my M.O. too. But I always wonder when (and if) it's time to be the "man". I always think that women somehow expect you to do that, even if they don't say it.

We will never understand what goes on in their heads and if we start to figure them out they change the rules.:alien:

Harry- How often have YOU had to use #4? :laughing:

-Steven

Several times a year for women, a couple of time per year for dudes.

Strangely, they always seem to act as though they have no idea what I'm talking about.

We will never understand what goes on in their heads and if we start to figure them out they change the rules.:alien:

Yes, you're expected to be the "man" - you just need to know when that situation arises.

MO - We don't change rules. The situation changes.

You seem to have us already figured out haa haa

Now I think you're just patronizing me.

I think Harry was agreeing with you MO, but I don't always have a clue as to what Harry is saying so I could be wrong.

I just saw this thread.

It's beyond annoying, GC. I don't understand where people get off offering unsolicited and unwanted swing advice.

Another suggestion: you could grow. I'm 6'5" and 230 pounds. No one has ever offered me unsolicited advice. 'Course, I'm not a female either...

It's beyond annoying, GC. I don't understand where people get off offering unsolicited and unwanted swing advice.

This is one of the most annoying things.It's something you have to learn to deal with.Some do it to get you off your game,some who feel like they can help..but both can have the same effect.

I give women advice almost every time I'm on the range. Of course those two have to listen or I won't give them a ride home.

I like to talk to people on the range, men and women. I can usually tell if a person is willing to have a quick conversation or not. I like seeing women practice and will often compliment them on something they're doing, but giving unsolicited advice to a stranger crosses the line. The problem with most people that give advice is they're condescending, and touching a stranger is WAY out of bounds. I like to encourage women golfers, and in the past, that has lead to questions that I answer to the best of my ability. If they're not interested in talking that's pretty easy to see. I'm not threatening. I also love to talk to parents with kids or junior golfers on the range.

Some people here might hate me on the range, but I think it's a fun place to get to know someone a little bit. If I saw Claire, Diane, GC, or GG hitting balls near me, I would almost certainly acknowledge their willingness to work. I think that's polite. I also stand up when a woman enters the room. I don't see a lot of women working hard at this game, and when I do, I think they deserve a little shout. To me, a little range banter makes practicing fun.

Who knows? Maybe this year, when we're not at last year's club, everybody on the range will be relieved I'm gone. I'm sure I'll keep doing what I've always done, albeit at a new club.

Kevin

I give women advice almost every time I'm on the range. Of course those two have to listen or I won't give them a ride home.

I like to talk to people on the range, men and women. I can usually tell if a person is willing to have a quick conversation or not. I like seeing women practice and will often compliment them on something they're doing, but giving unsolicited advice to a stranger crosses the line. The problem with most people that give advice is they're condescending, and touching a stranger is WAY out of bounds. I like to encourage women golfers, and in the past, that has lead to questions that I answer to the best of my ability. If they're not interested in talking that's pretty easy to see. I'm not threatening. I also love to talk to parents with kids or junior golfers on the range.

Some people here might hate me on the range, but I think it's a fun place to get to know someone a little bit. If I saw Claire, Diane, GC, or GG hitting balls near me, I would almost certainly acknowledge their willingness to work. I think that's polite. I also stand up when a woman enters the room. I don't see a lot of women working hard at this game, and when I do, I think they deserve a little shout. To me, a little range banter makes practicing fun.

Who knows? Maybe this year, when we're not at last year's club, everybody on the range will be relieved I'm gone. I'm sure I'll keep doing what I've always done, albeit at a new club.

Kevin
Yes but it takes personality to pull this off and by reading a lot of your posts and this one that's what you have.I'd have no problem with what you describe.Some just don't know how to pull it off or have other motives just as you also acknowledge.It's a fine line but the ones who cross it with success are one of the pleasures of golf.As in about anything how and when that advice is presented is the key.

Back