2010 Driver Shoot Out Results

Well done on the DSO! I can only imagine how much work goes into putting this on for us and I am truly appreciative because what it does is help those of us who do not have the time or means to try all of the new drivers. Based on this list I can get the information from each category that I find important and head to my local shop armed with information that will help me find a new big stick!

Congrats to the folks from Callaway- I did not like the original Diablo so needless to say I am rather surprised. It looks like the subtle design changes make a dramatic difference.

My initial expectations and predictions were WAY off as I expected the MachSpeed and the SuperTri to tear down the competition this time around.

Thanks again!!

I was glad to see the Ping driver place high in the over all category. I have always liked Ping equipment. Also, I am going to give that "Fourteen JC-909" a look see, since it scored so high in the accuracy test.

On the other end I was not surprised to see the Tour Edge driver not fair very well. It's no secret I play Tour Edge irons, but I have never been able to hit any of their Exotic line of woods very well.

Would there be videos posted somewhere especially the distance and accuracy rounds of the shootout? Curious to compare with my ball flight..Being a bit selfish here ..

We do not video the testing, but it has been discussed and probably will be done for our next one which will be most likely hybrids in a few months.

Many testers do not like being on film, and we try to keep everybody relaxed so that they can make good swings.

JB.....Do you have a pic of the Supertri headcover?

JB.....Do you have a pic of the Supertri headcover?

here ya go.

770048246_FAkUT-M.jpg

Thanks JB! Looks pretty good!

...lol :confused2:

We have not considered an iron shoot out because of the time it takes to review irons and the multitude of swings each tester would have to take.

We have not considered an iron shoot out because of the time it takes to review irons and the multitude of swings each tester would have to take.

Yea guess thats true. Thanks.

JB-I know that you probably haven't had the chance to put a good amount of swings on all of these drivers but i can't help but wonder if you planned on maybe putting one of these in your bag for 2010? If so, which one and why?

JB-I know that you probably haven't had the chance to put a good amount of swings on all of these drivers but i can't help but wonder if you planned on maybe putting one of these in your bag for 2010? If so, which one and why?

Im greedy so I will definitely be gaming one. Not sure which one yet.

Im greedy so I will definitely be gaming one. Not sure which one yet.

well when you decide you can let us know why?

Good write up about everything! I was secretly hoping that the Super Tri wouldn't have done so well so that I wouldn't want one so bad. Now I just want one even more!

Very well done DSO. The amount of time, effort and expertise you guys put into this is staggering. The only problem with it for me is brain overload, lol. So mush stuff on the site today I'm about wore out and it's barely past lunch time.

Thanks THP!

Very well done DSO. The amount of time, effort and expertise you guys put into this is staggering. The only problem with it for me is brain overload, lol. So mush stuff on the site today I'm about wore out and it's barely past lunch time.

Thanks THP!
Well we know what it did to your brain anyway! LOL

Like could a Callaway actually take hold of the vaunted #1 driver position of JB's bag??? The Evil Empire of Golf!!! naaaa I dont think so!

Like could a Callaway actually take hold of the vaunted #1 driver position of JB's bag??? The Evil Empire of Golf!!! naaaa I dont think so!

I don't know Kevin, i think if it helped lower that index he'd probably gladly stick it in there. The bottom line is that Callaway makes excellent golf equipment. It's not any fault of theirs that they market it so heavily. I would be safe in assuming that any other company would, if they had that sort of advertising budget.

Thanks for the great info. I will need to start thinking about replacing my driver this year. I had it in the back of my mind that I wanted to start by looking at Pings and at the various new TM options, as well as the Cleveland DST. I am not really surprised at all by the favorable review on the G15, Ping has made great drivers for a long time and several of the best players I know hit Ping drivers. The DST, the Edge and both of the Pings will definitely be high on the list of drivers I will look at first.

I don't know Kevin, i think if it helped lower that index he'd probably gladly stick it in there. The bottom line is that Callaway makes excellent golf equipment. It's not any fault of theirs that they market it so heavily. I would be safe in assuming that any other company would, if they had that sort of advertising budget.

Very true! Its all about better scoring and better play! Im thinking of ordering a Diablo Edge on pre-order since its got such good reviews. And I hate to pre-order stuff.

well when you decide you can let us know why?

Of course any time.

That would not be Callaway, but there is an evil empire of golf and most know who it is.

Anything to lower my score would go in there. To be fair, we do not get to keep a lot of these. Some we do, some we are donating, and some will be used as contests.

I want to personally thank Harry Longshanks. Many have commented on the actual article and how well it was written. He is far smarter than I am and edited the crap out of my writing to make it read better.

who's the evil empire then? I'm confused all of a sudden and need a coffee.

I want to personally thank Harry Longshanks. Many have commented on the actual article and how well it was written. He is far smarter than I am and edited the crap out of my writing to make it read better.

thanks Harry, it was a fantastic read. it flowed well. thanks JB & GG for putting all of this together. You deserve a driver out of it! And i'm extremely jealous of all those that got picked to test, i dream about doing that sort of thing.

hey, contest idea! winner gets to come down and take part in the hybrid shootout!

Back