Premier League 2009-10 Season

COYS!

Spurs supporter joining this thread. Am I the only one?

Won't be for long after we dispatch Hull. Any idea when the postponed games from this weekend past are to be played?

4-1 win over Blackburn with a Tevez hat trick and City moves into fourth place. Interestingly enough, they didn't look all that good doing it.

Looks like Tevez is trying to get a jump on winning player of the month for January, to go with his December title!

4-1 win over Blackburn with a Tevez hat trick and City moves into fourth place. Interestingly enough, they didn't look all that good doing it.

Looks like Tevez is trying to get a jump on winning player of the month for January, to go with his December title!

I like Tevez. I thought ManU made a mistake basically losing Tevez and picking up Berbatov??? Dumb.

I've liked Tevez since his first game at City. He's all over the field! Best pickup they have made yet. By far.

I like Tevez. I thought ManU made a mistake basically losing Tevez and picking up Berbatov??? Dumb.

They didn't have the money and still don't. Massive stories circulating around the British press about their debt and bond issue now that the financial results have been released.

Tevez is on FIRE!

City was whooped by Everton. It's hard to compete when your midfielders don't play. Robinho's days appear to be numbered (he was a sub who later got subbed for).

Liverpool draw again today. City loses. Joe Cole is set to sign with Man City. Chelsea scores 7. Man U is now up for sale. Another interesting Premiership weekend. Let's go Gunners.

Hadn't heard that about Cole. Sounds good.

City was whooped by Everton. It's hard to compete when your midfielders don't play. Robinho's days appear to be numbered (he was a sub who later got subbed for).

I watched this game. How does someone with Robinho's talent just disappear from the game. It is puzzling. He just doesn't seem to have the grit required to play in the EPL.

City beats United 2-1 in the first leg of the Carling Cup Semi's. Tevez scores twice.

Anyone besides me hear rumors that Rafa's job may be going to Mark Hughes?

Joe Cole seems to me to be made of glass. In the last 3 seasons he has been injured more than he plays. When he plays he has been awesome, he was Chelsea's player of the year a few years back. It would not be a total loss for him to head to City.

As a Chelsea fan I am happy to see City doing so well and spending better. Robinho was a bust, and I am very happy to see that you got him rather than us, but since then they seem to be making smarter buys, guys who have some experience in the Premier League. J Cole would be a nice addition.

Do any of you watch EPL Fan Zone? The show with a couple of guys commentating on a game. They talk so fast and get so excited, I don't understand everything they say, but my wife does and she's sitting there laughing at what they say and I'm like "what?" LOL

She tells me, "Sorry, they talk to fast for me to translate!" And it's freakin' English! LOL

Fan zone is fun to watch, but not all that informative if you actually want to get the jist of what's really going on.
The people in the fanzone though are pretty much exactly what I'm like when watching a game, lol. Except I'm angrier, at times :D

I skip Fanzone for the reasons listed above. I don't want to talk about football, I want to watch it or see highlights of it.

Strong rumours coming out are that they're lining up Hiddink.

Big game for my team tonight, we need to beat Liverpool which will put us 7 points ahead of them. Should we lose it will be 1 point ahead.

I honesly think that should Liverpool lose tonight, Rafa's pretty much gone.

COYS!

I think he's (Rafa) already as good as gone.
Frankly, if I wasn't a united fan, I'd say he should have been gone years ago. He's a pretty rubbish manager. Yeah, he inherited a squad that was in it's twilight years, but Liverpool have net spent more than any other club in the premier league since he took over save Chelsea, and they've still got a squad that is going nowhere. Two great players in Gerrard and Torres, but look past them and talent is pretty thin on the ground at Anfield...
The only thing going in his favour for keeping his job is the butt of a jibe at Liverpools expense I heard a while ago. "Rafa's job is safe, because Liverpool haven't got the cash to hire somebody else."

I think he's (Rafa) already as good as gone.
Frankly, if I wasn't a united fan, I'd say he should have been gone years ago. He's a pretty rubbish manager. Yeah, he inherited a squad that was in it's twilight years, but Liverpool have net spent more than any other club in the premier league since he took over save Chelsea, and they've still got a squad that is going nowhere. Two great players in Gerrard and Torres, but look past them and talent is pretty thin on the ground at Anfield...
The only thing going in his favour for keeping his job is the butt of a jibe at Liverpools expense I heard a while ago. "Rafa's job is safe, because Liverpool haven't got the cash to hire somebody else."

The real question for me is was Xabi Alonso so important? That is really the only true difference in the squad other than injuries which happen to everyone. I can't seem to figure why their performance has dropped off so much this year other than the loss of Alonso.

Aston Villa beats Blackburn 6-4 in the first leg of their semi's in the Carling Cup. Wish I coulda seen that game!

The real question for me is was Xabi Alonso so important? That is really the only true difference in the squad other than injuries which happen to everyone. I can't seem to figure why their performance has dropped off so much this year other than the loss of Alonso.

Yes he was.
Their performance is so bad because they only have two decent players in Gerrard and Torres. The squad has no depth whatsoever (managers fault). Once those two players recieve an injury and miss a few months, you're left with a squad that isn't really even fit for the premier league.
As for Alonso, he was a vital piece of their team. He is the one midfielder that they had who looked for a forward pass. He'd sit in space in front of the back four and when he got the ball he's pass it forward. If you watch Lucas now (the guy who effectively slots into Alonso's position (though he is a different kind of player)) when he gets the ball, he nearly always plays it backwards or sideways. What this does is that it means that Gerrard has to come backwards to get the ball, Alonso basically gave Gerrard the licence to go forward to recieve the ball, facing the goal. Now he gets the ball with his back to goal (it's in this area that Gerrard has his main weakness, imo). Because Gerrard has to come back to get the ball, Torres becomes starved of quality ball played into his feet. He has no support because gerrard is away back down the field trying to help the other crap players out.
that in a nutshell is two of the reasons why Liverfool are struggling so much this season (there are many more :p).

City looked like the bottom dweller today. Hull stuck it to them all game long. No midfield play again by City. I think I know where they need to throw their money.

Back