The Official 2009 NFL Thread

It would be ironic, yes. I wouldn't bet on it though. In fact I may not pick Indy next week in the ESPN streak game or it may just happen! hehehe

I agree Harry, but I really do believe that todays loss was as much on Jason the Genius as it was on Phillips.

I haven't watched the game yet, don't know if I will, but Phillips and Garrett both need to go! They aren't going to get any better than they were this year.
As for Romo, he's shown enough the last few weeks to keep everybody off his back for a little while. At least they can't say he can't win in Dec. or in the playoffs.

These are the opinions of a disheartened, slightly disgruntled Cowboy fan.

EDIT: I'm also blaming the loss on Kevin, I begged him not to talk about the Cowboys beating the Vikes and going on to the Championship game. But NOOOOOOOOOOOO, he wouldn't listen!

What a game, the Jets/Chargers!!

If I was Jerry, I would take a quick look see at Bill Cowher and see how serious his interest in staying on tv would be (i.e.-throw some serious dollar figures at him and see how he reacts). I'm not a Cowboys fan but I feel for them because of the Wade situation. My Broncos team had him as a coach a while back and I thought he set the team back a few years. I think Romo is good given the right system (heck Shanahan made a run at him) and they have some of the pieces in place.

If the Colts were to lose to the Jets, would they ever live it down, knowing that they could have prevented them from even making the playoffs had they not pulled the starters with the lead and tried to win the game in week 16?

Here come the J....E....T.....S, JETS, JETS, JETS.

2659.....As THP's resident Jets fan, I want to wish your Colts good luck but that most of it be the Jets'! Reggie Wayne, welcome to Revis Island! :clapp:

If the Colts were to lose to the Jets, would they ever live it down, knowing that they could have prevented them from even making the playoffs had they not pulled the starters with the lead and tried to win the game in week 16?

That is the exact theme the paper here has taken. It will either be a big payback or the Colt's worst nightmare.

2659.....As THP's resident Jets fan, I want to wish your Colts good luck but that most of it be the Jets'! Reggie Wayne, welcome to Revis Island! :clapp:

That will be one of many key match-ups. If not Reggie then Dallas Clark, Austin Collie or Pierre Garçon.

Its already been reported by ESPN that Phillips is coming back. I think a big part of brining him back is whats going to happen after next year with the CBA. If theres a lockout then its smart having a coach like Phillips and his salary. I also think he can make the D even better if he comes back. The real issue is Jason Genius Garret. He needs to be fired. This brings us to another point. The guy has a WR in Williams who is tall and could probably be a great posession guy. He cant seem to call a play or get him the ball. I know, a lot has to do with Romo and his comfort with Williams but come on. Williams is coming back too but its being reported the Cowboys want to release him but cant because of a 9 Million cap number next season. Wtf, he cost us a 1st, 3rd and 6th round picks and now you want to release him? Get him the damn ball!! Who said that? Keyshawn? lol... That has to be one of Jerry's biggest mistakes. We basically gave Detroit a bunch of free picks if they cant learn to get him the ball.

Right now I would like to say Chargers vs Cowboys in the SB with a Cowboy win, but I didn't want to get ahead of myself. One week at a time.

Oops. :rolleyes:

Favre cant escape pressure like McNab can so he's going to be sacked atleast 5 times, maybe 6 this game. Then he throws a couple INT's and its over. The good guys win!!:banana:

Oops #2. :rolleyes:

I have to admit, I am loving this. Watching Romo be Romo and Favre be Favre has been a joy. The Cowboys are just getting owned all over the field. Watching the "genius" call the plays for the boys has been a pleasure. Maybe it was just a little too early to make him the next Tom Landry after a few good weeks. And Romo the next Montana after a few good weeks, etc...

I may bleed orange now, but I was born with purple in my veins.... well actually I was 12 the first year the Vikings played, but I'm Minnesota born and bred. That was a tall can of plain old whoop-ass the Vikes laid on the Cowpokes yesterday. If Dallas doesn't like the score, then they need to play better football. :confused2:

The shocker of the weekend was the Jets beating the Chargers... not that I'm unhappy about the outcome mind you. I have just the tiniest hunch that the Bolts were already planning for the Colts and forgot that the Jets were in town. :D ..... Oops #3. :rolleyes:

Its ironic that my preseason Super Bowl picks of Indy vs Minn could actually pan out. If only I lived in Vegas....HMMMM! I sat down during the THP Fantasy draft and said to my wife that Peyton vs Favre was going to happen.

Oops. :rolleyes:

Oops #2. :rolleyes:

I may bleed orange now, but I was born with purple in my veins.... well actually I was 12 the first year the Vikings played, but I'm Minnesota born and bred. That was a tall can of plain old whoop-ass the Vikes laid on the Cowpokes yesterday. If Dallas doesn't like the score, then they need to play better football. :confused2:

The shocker of the weekend was the Jets beating the Chargers... not that I'm unhappy about the outcome mind you. I have just the tiniest hunch that the Bolts were already planning for the Colts and forgot that the Jets were in town. :D ..... Oops #3. :rolleyes:

Its not the SCORE that bothered Dallas it was the fact that Dallas had no timeouts left they are still throwing the ball into the end zone with less then 2 minutes left. Why not just kick a field goal or run out the clock?? So the correct statement would be if Dallas doesnt like Childress and the Vikings going for a cheap shot and yes running up the score then play better defense. Id call that running up the score no matter how you spin it, sorry Childress and Favre, thats what it is. Bottom line is Dallas got it handed to them and they were upset. But going for the TD that late was cheap. Guess who comes to Dallas next year? Thats right the Vikings. Should be fun!

That would not suck.

Last edited:
Its not the SCORE that bothered Dallas it was the fact that Dallas had no timeouts left they are still throwing the ball into the end zone with less then 2 minutes left. Why not just kick a field goal or run out the clock?? So the correct statement would be if Dallas doesnt like Childress and the Vikings going for a cheap shot and yes running up the score then play better defense. Id call that running up the score no matter how you spin it, sorry Childress and Favre, thats what it is. Bottom line is Dallas got it handed to them and they were upset. But going for the TD that late was cheap. Guess who comes to Dallas next year? Thats right the Vikings. Should be fun!

Cmon. This is not college football, this is the NFL. Just the week prior Dallas was up 24-0 with 4 minutes to go and while they did not score again, they were still throwing it.

Cmon. This is not college football, this is the NFL. Just the week prior Dallas was up 24-0 with 4 minutes to go and while they did not score again, they were still throwing it.

No its not college and that also wasnt Philly/Dallas. Dont think the Cowboys owed anything to Philly from the year befores 44-6 thrashing? Sure they did! And they gave it to them. If it were me I wouldn't have done that at the end of a game with it in hand like that. Not even to the classless eagles! I would have like to seen Ware or Spencer knock the lights out of Favre. Would have been worth the 15 yarder!

No its not college and that also wasnt Philly/Dallas. Dont think the Cowboys owed anything to Philly from the year befores 44-6 thrashing? Sure they did! And they gave it to them. If it were me I wouldn't have done that at the end of a game with it in hand like that. Not even to the classless eagles! I would have like to seen Ware or Spencer knock the lights out of Favre. Would have been worth the 15 yarder!

So now it is okay in a division rivalry and not in another game? No way. I know people get upset when their team gets owned as bad as the Cowboys did, but they have done it for so long, it was nice to see it done to them.

Re: The Official 2009 NFL Thread

so your saying Im biased? No way! lol ok maybe a little. But yes I think in philly dallas it is diffrent and it always will be.

What are going back to the Landry days? come on weve been getting it handed to us for years now. You know tha. Ive never heard ANYONE anoint Romo the next Montana or anything close to it. What he does is make Dallas more competitive and a better team then weve been in a long time. Any qb will make mistakes and get happy feet when hes got pressure like that. Peyton included. Like I said it was cheap and see you next year childress.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

so your saying Im biased? No way! lol ok maybe a little. But yes I think in philly dallas it is diffrent and it always will be.

I could not disagree more. Its either okay to run up the score all the time or not at all.

It isn't running up the score it is playing NFL football. I can't understand why dallas is so upset. What does a late TD really mean. You came out and got shut down by a great defense and your poor play on the other side of the ball didn't help. Get over the TD and play better football.

What are going back to the Landry days? come on weve been getting it handed to us for years now. You know tha. Ive never heard ANYONE anoint Romo the next Montana or anything close to it. What he does is make Dallas more competitive and a better team then weve been in a long time. Any qb will make mistakes and get happy feet when hes got pressure like that. Peyton included. Like I said it was cheap and see you next year childress.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Unfortunately for you, it looks like Phillips will still be running the team then... not a good thought for Dallas fans. I wouldn't get my hopes up to high. It's also doubtful that Favre will still be playing, so any revenge motive will be dampened. :confused2:

I could not disagree more. Its either okay to run up the score all the time or not at all.

Ok then when did Dallas run up the score? Beating Philly 27-0? When did they score last? I dont even think they scored in the 4th quarter. I looked, they didnt score past the 3rd. How can that be running up the score? Throwing for a first down is hardly running up the score. Thats playing keep away and ball control. But I was wrong on the Favre TD pass, it was with 3:31 left in the game not under 2:00. But up 27-3 and going for one last TD TO ME IS CHEAP. Maybe not running up the score but its damn close. We can agree to disagree since neither one of us is changing our stance.

It isn't running up the score it is playing NFL football. I can't understand why dallas is so upset. What does a late TD really mean. You came out and got shut down by a great defense and your poor play on the other side of the ball didn't help. Get over the TD and play better football.

Anyone else want to jump on the bandwagon?? Im sure theres plenty of room or these guys will move over for you. I guess the 5 Super Bowls does that huh. Sorry saying play better D and whatever doesnt make a cheap last TD ok to me.

Unfortunately for you, it looks like Phillips will still be running the team then... not a good thought for Dallas fans. I wouldn't get my hopes up to high. It's also doubtful that Favre will still be playing, so any revenge motive will be dampened.
Today 03:26 PM

I dont see that as a bad thing as I stated earlier. Phillips is a good D coordinator that happend to be head coach puppet. Hes cheaper then the big name coaches that Jerry could hire. And to hire a big name, big salary coach before a possible lockout after next year just isnt a good businiess move and Jerry is a businessman first. The unfortunate thing is if Jason Garret keeps his job and I think he will, unless hes hired away as HC somewhere! Im crossing my fingers!!

I might be the only Cowboy fan in the world that doesn't care that the Vikings scored that last TD. Dallas got owned, it's okay the guys on the other team are getting paid too. The only thing that bothers me is Minnesota didn't score enough points to get Phillips fired.

Ok then when did Dallas run up the score? Beating Philly 27-0? When did they score last? I dont even think they scored in the 4th quarter. I looked, they didnt score past the 3rd. How can that be running up the score? Throwing for a first down is hardly running up the score. Thats playing keep away and ball control. But I was wrong on the Favre TD pass, it was with 3:31 left in the game not under 2:00. But up 27-3 and going for one last TD TO ME IS CHEAP. Maybe not running up the score but its damn close. We can agree to disagree since neither one of us is changing our stance.

You may want to find the video of that game. Watching Romo try and throw a 40 yard pass down field to Austin with 4 minutes to go up by over 3 scores is the same. Just because the golden boy Romo under threw him by 10 yards is the only reason they did not score.

You may want to find the video of that game. Watching Romo try and throw a 40 yard pass down field to Austin with 4 minutes to go up by over 3 scores is the same. Just because the golden boy Romo under threw him by 10 yards is the only reason they did not score.

Again, payback for a division rival that did the same thing to us the year before. I dont remember that play and dont have video of it but I believe you. Im sure they remembered what happened the year before and wanted revenge. You cant deny thats what happens between division rivals. SO whats the Vikings reason? The Cowboys are too successful as a franchise? Too many Super Bowls? Everyone is a Romo hater? Or was it Favre being 0- for the Cowboys before that game? Guess he wanted to beat us and beat us extra bad.

Again, payback for a division rival that did the same thing to us the year before. I dont remember that play and dont have video of it but I believe you. Im sure they remembered what happened the year before and wanted revenge. You cant deny thats what happens between division rivals. SO whats the Vikings reason? The Cowboys are too successful as a franchise? Too many Super Bowls? Everyone is a Romo hater? Or was it Favre being 0- for the Cowboys before that game? Guess he wanted to beat us and beat us extra bad.

Or could it have been none of that and he was just looking for the 1st down, yet low and behold once again that the secondary could not cover the deep ball so he threw it. Perhaps the conspiracy theories are not really there and that Dallas just got an old fashioned beat down and the fans are crying about it.

Or could it have been none of that and he was just looking for the 1st down, yet low and behold once again that the secondary could not cover the deep ball so he threw it. Perhaps the conspiracy theories are not really there and that Dallas just got an old fashioned beat down and the fans are crying about it.

Theres no denying the beat down. Never said that didnt happen. We were in that position because we got beat down. Im arguing the need for that last pass and whether it was cheap or not. But yeah maybe he was even trying to throw it away and an his arm is just so zeroed in on his TE that it went right to him for a TD. He didnt even mean to do that, hes just that great!!!

What I really want to know is have you taken the plastic off the Nike Method putters yet and how do those babies roll????

Back