Cleveland XLS HiBore 3W

LefTe

Living Strong!
Reaction score
Handicap
My Swing
Well if anyone doubted how much I liked the Cleveland HiBore Driver that I received from them as a gift...well I just added a 3W to the bag. Couldn't help but add another club to the bag that I just seem to hit so well. Come on spring time, it will see some more time in the simulator before the snow leaves. These clubs just fit my swing and are very forgiving.

Awesome Lefte. that was something pretty cool they did. I know the Monster was one of my favorites this last year. Sound is loud, but the results do not lie.

I went one step further and even added the 5W as you can see. I really like my driver and when I saw the 3W and 5W in the used club bin at my local golf shop I had to get them. I had got thru a few 3Ws and I could not find one I could hit consistantly. The Cleveland by far has been the best one I have used and I am relaxed more on the par 5s when I need that good second shot.

Awesome Lefte. that was something pretty cool they did. I know the Monster was one of my favorites this last year. Sound is loud, but the results do not lie.

JB,
Cool doesn't really do it justice and the outstnding part of it is that clubs just fit me perfect. As far as loud there is no question when I've made contact that's for sure. I know that the sound put some people off but as you said the results don't lie. However I like it, as they said in Slap Shot..."let'em know your there!" I didn't think I was going to find a FW that I liked as well as the Bang BOM but sure enough there you have it.

WR,
If they go to 15 clubs I'd without a doubt add a 5w but if I add it know I'd have to drop one of the CG14's and I don't see that happening no way no how they are that sweet.

I just picked myself up a new launcher 3 wood today. Cleveland's never really been on my equipment radar until i found this site and have read about how thoughtful they are as a company. I had been in the market for a new 3 wood for a couple of months and decided to go with Cleveland.

I spent a couple of hours at GolfUSA over the weekend, hitting both the Hibore and the Launcher and settled on the launcher. I hit it so much more consistently than my previous 3 woods so i can't wait to get it out and play.

I have the XLS 3, 5 and just bought the 7. Very easy predicable clubs. I actually got more distance from the launcher FW woods, but the consistancy and feel with the XLS's was way way better.

The 5 and 7 are particularly good. There are two par 3's I use the 7wood on and I am within about 10 feet of the same spot every time I use it! If only I could get that out of the rest of the clubs!

I have the XLS 3, 5 and just bought the 7. Very easy predicable clubs. I actually got more distance from the launcher FW woods, but the consistancy and feel with the XLS's was way way better.

The 5 and 7 are particularly good. There are two par 3's I use the 7wood on and I am within about 10 feet of the same spot every time I use it! If only I could get that out of the rest of the clubs!

I am debating on getting the 7w also or maybe looking at the hybrids, 3i 4i and 5i

I am debating on getting the 7w also or maybe looking at the hybrids, 3i 4i and 5i

I use the XLi irons- which are basiclly all hybrids. I hit them pretty well, although I find them very straight and easy to hit, but shorter than the old Wilson Staff cavity backs I used to have. But right now the XLS 7 wood (and the Launcher driver) are the best clubs in my bag.

I use the XLi irons- which are basiclly all hybrids. I hit them pretty well, although I find them very straight and easy to hit, but shorter than the old Wilson Staff cavity backs I used to have. But right now the XLS 7 wood (and the Launcher driver) are the best clubs in my bag.

A friend of mine experienced the same thing when he switched to the XLi's , that is shorter distance. I am not looking at the irons as much as the hybrids. Although I do lie my Adams so I should probably just stop and enjoy what I have... yea right!! what is the fun in that? :D:D

OK I bit the bullet and bought a 7w on EBay last night. :D Decent price , brand new club. Why not?

Got my first 18 (simulator) in with this and it did not disappoint. Just like the driver it's very straight and as long as what is was gaming. Cleveland products just seem to fit my swing better then any other club. A buddy of mine gave it a few swings and he was longer then his R7 each time.

Got my first 18 (simulator) in with this and it did not disappoint. Just like the driver it's very straight and as long as what is was gaming. Cleveland products just seem to fit my swing better then any other club. A buddy of mine gave it a few swings and he was longer then his R7 each time.

I feel the same way which is why they are filling up my bag. :D

I finally got in 18 Friday and left the driver in the bag so i could hit my Launcher 3w as much as possible (i know this thread is about the hibore but just wanted to add my 2 cents on Cleveland). I was very please with this club and love how it looks at address. I hit it much straighter than my other 3w and hit it much better off the turf. I love the way that it seems to sit flatter than Callaway's X series. It just oozes confidence while over the ball.

I know what you mean about "sittinfatter" and the confidence thing. That is why I went to the 3w and 5w initially and now added the 7w.

I know what you mean about "sittinfatter" and the confidence thing. That is why I went to the 3w and 5w initially and now added the 7w.

now that you added the 7w are you going to take the 3iron out of the bag?

Yes once I get it. the 7W is in transit. Might take the 4 too, not sure yet.

keep us posted on what transpires. have you hit any of the xls hybrids? they're pretty sweet sticks. i would probably have one if i didn't love the nike sq i have. for some odd reason it's my go to club. what's the degree on the 7w? is it 21*? you might find that you would still need a 4 iron, perhaps it would give you a good excuse to pick up the 4 hybrid.

You will love the 7! If they made a 9 wood, I would have bought that well.

keep us posted on what transpires. have you hit any of the xls hybrids? they're pretty sweet sticks. i would probably have one if i didn't love the nike sq i have. for some odd reason it's my go to club. what's the degree on the 7w? is it 21*? you might find that you would still need a 4 iron, perhaps it would give you a good excuse to pick up the 4 hybrid.

The degree on the 7w is 22* my 4H from Adams is 23*

The degree on the 7w is 22* my 4H from Adams is 23*

In our interview coming up with hybrid creator John Hoeflich, he talks about this very thing. Some will always prefer woods to hybrids and vice versa. They are geared towards different people and now you are seeing 2 types of hybrids being made, those that are wood like, and those that are iron like.

I really do not mind the Adams hybrids I have per say. I just really like how the Cleveland woods feel when I swing them which is why I bought the 3w and 5w and now I continue to the 7w. Since there is no reason to keep two very similar clubs in my bag I will take out he 3h (19* like my 5w) and more than likely the 4h. I have not as of yet swung the Cleveland Hybrids (good thing I think :D) or i might buy more.

Just got the 7w :blob::alien2::banana::alien2::banana::blob: and just as I finished unwrapping it the sun shines through (been raining all day ):joy::joy: Hopefully I can get to the range in the next day or so.

Back