2010 Taylormade Drivers In Hand Pictures

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
We were fortunate enough to have these sent to us by Taylormade for our Driver Shoot Out and can now share pictures with everybody of them as well. Both the R9 SuperTri and the Burner Super Fast are included. THP was lucky enough to be one of the 1st to have these in hand.

Burner Super Fast

765970627_oqMdn-L-1.jpg

765970719_mG2XG-L-1.jpg

765970593_QpBby-L-1.jpg

765970690_rF6ke-L-1.jpg

765970761_nXPAM-L-1.jpg

765970799_bf5zu-L-1.jpg

R9 SuperTri

765970842_tirwo-L-1.jpg

765970896_fgrXZ-L-1.jpg

765970861_vThtZ-L-1.jpg

765970950_4HAQN-L-1.jpg

765970915_MJDjU-L-1.jpg

Original R9 vs SuperTri

765978558_6Bptn-L-1.jpg

Last edited:
Pretty Stuff !!!

Pretty Stuff !!!

Wow these clubs are beautiful and make most of us club ho's :eek:).... I do wonder if they hit as great as they look???? It must be nice too test stuff like this. Oh by the way, Calloway, myself, and the cats and dawgs are moving in Tuesday :eek:)...

• Admin
I have barely put 10 swings on these ones Gray. But the driver shoot out testers are enjoying. Hopefully before the show, I can get some swings with them.

JB, Did they send you the Burner with the 30 gram grip or no?

• Admin
JB, Did they send you the Burner with the 30 gram grip or no?

They sure did. I believe (according to them yesterday) that it is THE stock grip for this driver.

Very nice looking drivers! I like the Superfast! And Im still a fan of the alignment aid.

beautiful sticks. I can't wait to get my Burner. JB is it possible u could post pics of the Burner and Supertri side by side like u did with the original R9 vs. Supertri?

• Admin
I would, but I do not have a Burner to do that with. Sorry.

Any chance of a head-on view of the Super Fast like this one of the R9?

765970896_fgrXZ-L-1.jpg

Let me know if this one works Smalls.

766092134_raJtR-L-1.jpg

Yes, thanks JB. That looks a little different than the drawing:

Spoiler
764053901_YUBjk-L.jpg

that was posted in another thread. Might take a little getting used to. It's similar, but I thought I could get used to the shape easily, but this is more different thatn I expected. (Maybe the angle isn't quite the same is all that I am seeing different)

Good-looking drivers, but I miss the graphics on the crowns of the '07 and '09 Burners. I know that there are lots of people who won't miss those graphics however.

Very nice looking drivers. I will be interested to see how they compare with the new Nike's in the shootout.

Good-looking drivers, but I miss the graphics on the crowns of the '07 and '09 Burners. I know that there are lots of people who won't miss those graphics however.

If you look close, there are graphics on the head.

Is the SuperTri 440CC or 460?

How's the feel/sound of this driver?

460. No report on sound.

To me, this burner driver is a big digression in the looks department. I really liked the 07 and loved the 09, but im not sure what to think of this one. I agree that the old alignment graphics - http://cdn-www.golflink.com/Cms/images/GlobalPhoto/Articles/2009/9/29/1252/192330-main_Full.jpg - are missed.

If you look close, there are graphics on the head.

You're right! Darn cheap laptop! Eh. The new graphics are OK I guess, but the '07 and '09 were much cooler.

Re: 2010 Taylormade Drivers In Hand Pictures

the driver is 460. as for the report on sound, i do not like to give info until i have had a chance to use the driver on the course. its currently in our shootout and then i will be testing it.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Don't like the underside, but the top and sides are nice and clean. Is the stock weight of the Superfast lighter than the Cleveland DST? How does that light grip feel? Very curious to see how they all compare in the shoot out.

In hand the stock weight feels very similar. I am sure one is slightly lighter, but I cannot tell right now. Perhaps during review I will be able to tell. The grip is one I like quite a bit. Nice and tacky and most TM stock grips are pretty bad. This one feels quite nice.

JB, could you take a photo of the grip. If it swingweights D9, you have the 30 gram grip on there. It should look like the LITE grip in the photos and on TV.

MK

I cannot, because the club is at the course for the driver shoot out. At the completion of that, we can take the picture. As I said earlier, it DOES have the lighter grip that weighs 30 grams on it. It said so in the release and we confirmed it with TM the 1st time you requested the information.

will they be available in fairway woods

Back