A painful end to a golf lesson

Esox

Reaction score
Handicap
We went to the heated dome this morning and Jr. Lancer had what will be her last golf lesson until April. Her last lesson from her coach at least, though I'll continue to try and not ruin her swing until he comes back from an extended stay in Gulf Shores. She had a fine lesson.

There are no bathrooms in the dome. You have to enter the clubhouse for the course where the dome is located. Needing to use the facilities on the way out, Jr. Lancer, wearing golf shoes and carrying her clubs, and Mrs. Esox tried to enter the building at the wrong entrance. Seeing it was locked, they walked around a snow bank with Mrs. Esox in the lead. She hit a patch of ice and slid and twisted so she was off balance. J.L. then hit the ice and her feet shot out to the side at an angle. She was air born until landing on the concrete. Her back came down on her clubs, and her hip and leg on the ground. She put her left hand down stressing her wrist and taking a little chunk out her palm.

That was bad enough, but as her feet shot out they hit Mrs. E right below the knee, kicking her legs out from under her so she was essentially sideways in the air. As she was twisted and off balance from her own slip, she landed on her hip in a contorted position.

I was walking behind them, and though it took only a second to transpire, it unfolded for me in slow motion. No broken bones, thankfully, but now Mrs. Esox is under a fleece on the couch with her lower back killing her, and J.L. is curled up in her big chair under another fleece, with a wrist that hurts to bend, a sore neck, and a sore hip.

So you Winter golfers watch your step. It's slippery out there.

Kevin

Sorry to hear, esox. Need to get some ice on those injuries. They may feel worse tomorrow. It will be funny someday, just not today.

ouch sorry to hear that esox. glad no serious injuries and everyone will be ok.

Those winter falls are never fun. I can't image trying to navigate a slippery walkway in golf shoes this time of year.

Chicken soup makes everything better.

Sorry to hear Esox. Hope the Esox ladies are feeling better soon.

Get well soon.

Owwwweeeee!!!

Geez Kevin, I hope the ladies heal up quickly with no adverse effects!

Owwwweeeee!!!

Geez Kevin, I hope the ladies heal up quickly with no adverse effects!

They just scarfed some pork tacos, and now J.L. is having chocolate covered brownie bites. They're sore, but full.

Kevin

oh no Esox I hope Mrs. Esox and Jr. Lancer are alright! that sounds so painful. Although I like your idea of healing with chocolate.

Ouch! Poor JL and Mrs. Esox! Hope they heal quickly!

You're going to be a busy dad and hubby for the next week or so Esox. I'm sure you don't mind though - you seem like a very devoted father and husband. Good luck.

Sorry to hear. Glad that they're ok. Here's to hoping that they will heal very quickly!

Ouch! I hope the girls are feeling better today. I think their recovery will go much more quickly if you bake cupcakes for them today.

Ouch! I hope the girls are feeling better today. I think their recovery will go much more quickly if you bake cupcakes for them today.

I'm more of a bake lasagna kind of guy, and that was the original plan. It's changed over to ziti, however. Less layering.

They're off to church. Though both hurt this morning, it turns out the younger is more sore than the older. Go figure. That Mrs. Esox is one tough dame.

Kevin

I'm more of a bake lasagna kind of guy, and that was the original plan. It's changed over to ziti, however. Less layering.

They're off to church. Though both hurt this morning, it turns out the younger is more sore than the older. Go figure. That Mrs. Esox is one tough dame.

Kevin

Anything Italian will make everything better. I thawed sauce with sausage and am making a polenta pie today. Same as lasagna, but with the polenta instead of noodles. Yummy!

Sounds like Jr. took more of a tumble.

Anything Italian will make everything better. I thawed sauce with sausage and am making a polenta pie today. Same as lasagna, but with the polenta instead of noodles. Yummy!

[

Now that sounds really good. Does the polenta stay soft? I love polenta, but if you recall, failed miserably in my last attempt to make it.

Kevin

Now that sounds really good. Does the polenta stay soft? I love polenta, but if you recall, failed miserably in my last attempt to make it.

Kevin

This recipe works better if you buy the polenta already made in the log and slice it. It needs to be firm for the layering.

Wow, sorry to hear about the ladies Esox. To add insult to injury it's really bad when you can't rub the sore spot's because you hurt your hand. Hope they heal quickly.

These chicks are tough. Mrs. Esox made dinner, and J.L. just did her takeaway/follow through drill in the house after watching Steve Stricker hit a few shots at The Sony. Amazing. Yesterday I would have guessed neither would be moving around too well. They did go to the mall earlier and buy some clothes, so maybe that helped the healing.

The last bad fall I took was five years ago. Caught my toe on the curb in Downtown Milwaukee while hustling across the street, left the ground with my hands full and a camera bag around my neck, and landed on my chest on the sidewalk. I could barely move for two weeks. Sometimes I still think there's a crack in my sternum, and I still pile pillows a certain way to sleep. Of course when a guy my size hits, buildings shake. Gravity is not my friend. Apparently, my females bounce are less affected.

Kevin

my hands full and a camera bag around my neck, and landed on my chest on the sidewalk.
Kevin

More importantly, how did the camera do? Did it survive?

More importantly, how did the camera do? Did it survive?

It survived the crash nicely, and functions to this day.

It was a cheap camera I use to take pictures of houses, and was in a padded bag. It somehow got off to the side and took my partial weight via my right rib cage. While the camera was virtually unharmed, my sternum down through my right rib cage was not.

It was my worst fall ever. Worse even than the time I didn't realize I had one step left while going down basement stairs carrying a bankers box full of files. I stumbled forward several steps before falling headfirst, slamming the top of my head into a paneled wall. After that bit of ballet, I couldn't turn my head for about a month. That eventually went away, but my sternum still occasionally bothers me.

I just hate gravity SOOOO much. Always pulling at me.

Kevin

Back