KUJayhawks

Reaction score
Handicap
I usually get all my clubs at my CC but was out and about the other day and decided to check out the new GOLF STOP by my house. Man is this place impressive. They have 3 trackman setups, which I believe are about $20,000 a piece. On top of that they have a Callaway fitting room that was $250,000 and is one of only 8 in the country. I also wanted to try out the new turf that they had inside and all I have to say is that it's the closest thing I've ever felt to real grass. Apparently the stuff is 3 inches deep and you can tell pretty good when you hit it fat instead of it just bouncing off a hard mat.

Just thought I'd share this good experience with you guys and gals. Has anyone here ever used the trackman system? It's pretty crazy how many different things it analyzes in your swing and ball flight.

Re: The Golf Stop

trackman is very impressive. I always tell people who are really serious about their game to NEVER turn down the chance to get on one.

how were the people at the store? I'm always curious about golf store employees and their knowledge and what not.

They were actually pretty helpful and seemed to be able to work the program pretty well. I hit the Titleist AP2s, Mizuno MX200, and the R9s. It's pretty amazing all the info you can get from hit. It looked like the r9 was pretty perfect for my swing and as you can see, I ended up getting them.

For anyone who lives around the KC area they should definitely check it out. When I was demoing the irons they helped me for about 30 minutes and didn't charge me a thing. It's at 119th and Metcalf.

Sounds interesting. Next time I'm down in KC, I might have to check it out.

I've been in the one up on Barry Road, up north. I don't think they had all that in that store, I think it's just in the new one. It's actually closer to my house than the Barry Road store.

Back