2010 USGA Membership Kit

Harry Longshanks

ILikeBigPutts&ICannotLie
Reaction score
I recently renewed my USGA membership and my membership kit showed up in the mail a few days ago.

The hat looks much better than the ones from previous years. It might actually be wearable. (This style, but a blue-grey color):

108623_071.jpg

But I'm a little annoyed that the USGA sent me a 2008-2009 copy of the Rules of Golf, instead of the 2010-2011 copy (I know the 2010-2011 copies are out because I saw a big pile of them for sale at a local store.) What's up with that?

2527_l.jpg
USGA%20Rules.jpg

Also, the bag tag is all white now. I liked the one from the past few years with the blue bottom.

08bagTag.jpg

Yes, nice hat, and it's not green, thankfully. However, I didn't get a copy of the rules at all. That has always been a standard part of the package. I have a copy of the 2010 Rules and of the 2010 Decisions that I got with my Rules Workshop student package, but I like to have the second copy, one for my bag and one for my study. :confused2:

I just got my kit as well, I only got the 2008-2009 rules book and I need to find a thingie to put my tag on...

I just got my kit as well, I only got the 2008-2009 rules book and I need to find a thingie to put my tag on...

Actually the Rule Book hasn't changed anyway. That is only updated every 4 years. The Decisions book is updated every 2 years. The next update for the Rules of Golf is not until 2012.

what benefits are there for being a part of the usga...?

Actually the Rule Book hasn't changed anyway. That is only updated every 4 years. The Decisions book is updated every 2 years. The next update for the Rules of Golf is not until 2012.

Was I supposed to get that book as well? I only got the Rules book!

Nah. 4Putt is a Rules Jedi Master, so he gets the Decisions book as well.

You only get the rules book with basic USGA membership.

I got the Decisions when I enrolled in this year's 4 day USGA Rules Workshop. :D

I got the Decisions when I enrolled in this year's 4 day USGA Rules Workshop. :D

That sounds pretty cool. Do they have those around the country?

Kevin

That sounds pretty cool. Do they have those around the country?

Kevin

Yes, the schedule is posted on the USGA website (USGA: Home). The fee this year is $300 so you have to really want it. It's 3 days of instruction then an optional exam on the 4th day. You can take the 100 question full test for "official" credit or a 50 question test just for your personal evaluation. or you can just blow off the test. I take the 100 point exam... made 80 2 years ago, slightly above the median of those in the class. It takes a minimum score of 85 to apply to work as rules official in a high level USGA tournament.

I'm hoping that sometime I'll make that. :confused2: I'm better with the rules now than I was 2 years ago, so maybe....:thumb:

Back