Maybe They Should Go Back to Being Called the "Bullets"

Harry Longshanks

ILikeBigPutts&ICannotLie
Reaction score
Wizards' Gilbert Arenas, Javaris Crittenton drew guns on each other - NBA - SI.com

Report: Wizards Arenas, Crittenton drew guns on each other

Two Washington Wizards teammates -- three-time NBA All-Star Gilbert Arenas and Javaris Crittenton -- drew guns on each other in the locker room after practice during a Christmas Eve argument over money, according to a report in the the New York Post.

The dispute ignited when Crittenton became enraged at Arenas for refusing to make good on a gambling debt, a anonymous source told the Post. When Crittenton yelled at Arenas, that prompted Arenas to draw on Crittenton, who then also grabbed for a gun, league security sources told the Post.

Arenas denied pulling a gun on Crittenton, a third-year guard out of Georgia Tech who has not played for Washington this season due to injuries. Arenas is Washington's leading scorer, averaging 22.3 points per game.

The Wizards announced on Dec. 25 that Arenas had admitted to bringing guns to the locker room and had turned them over to team security. Arenas reportedly told Wizards officials that he stored the unloaded firearms in his locker so they wouldn't be close to his kids at their home.

Arenas told the Washington Times that he moved the weapons from his home to his lock box at Verizon Center around Dec. 10 after his daughter was born.

"I decided I didn't want the guns in my house and around the kids anymore, so I took them to my lock box at Verizon Center," Arenas told the paper. "Then like a week later, I turned them over to team security and told them to hand them over to the police, because I don't want them anymore. I wouldn't have brought them to D.C. had I known the rules. After my daughter was born, I was just like, 'I don't need these anymore.'"

Arenas was previously suspended one game in 2004-05 for violating the NBA's weapons policy. Players are not permitted to carry firearms on NBA property or during business.

"The Wizards organization and Arenas promptly notified the local authorities and the NBA, [and] are cooperating fully with law enforcement during its review of this matter," the team said in its statement at the time.

Wizards GM Ernie Grunfeld declined to elaborate further to the Post, saying, "It's in the hands of [Washington] authorities."

Sad, but funny!

I dont even know what to say other than.....pathetic.

If we go by NBA rankings and relate this to golf it would be like Padraig Harrington pulling a gun on Lee Janzen, lol.

I have had little interest in the NBA since the days of Magic, Bird, Jordan, and a few others ended. This is just another reason for me not get interested again. However, I do like to watch the playoff finals if the right two teams involved are of some value to me.

Last edited:
I have had little interest in the NBA since the days of Magic, Bird, Jordan, and few others ended. This is just another reason for me not get interested again. However, I do like to watch the playoff finals if the right two teams involved are of some value to me.

Same here, I stopped watching in the early 90s.

Only watch wth mild interest... actualy can say the same for most sports, except for football really.

This ranks right up there, in stupidity level, to the Plaxico Burress incident.

C'mon Man!!!

A long as everyone else is ok, let them shoot it out!

This remids me of a story I heard about last Christmas. At a Wal-Mart , two ladies found the last of a certain toy, each wanted it for her child and itt was the last one in the store. They bgan to argue over ti and as the argument escalated, the boyfriends/husbands got involved. I beieve the arguement carried to the parking lot where each of the guys pulled a gun and they shot each other dead. A couple of real scholars I say!!!

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/Washington-Wizards-Gilbert-Arenas-felony-gun-charge-011410

Arenas charged with felony gun possession

Washington Wizards guard Gilbert Arenas was charged with felony gun possession on Thursday in connection with a Dec. 21 locker room confrontation with a teammate. Prosecutors charged Arenas with one count of carrying a pistol without a license, which carries a maximum penalty of five years in prison. The charges were filed in D.C. Superior Court in an "information," a document that often signals a plea deal.

Arenas' lawyer and the team had no immediate comment. Arenas, who has been suspended indefinitely by the NBA pending the investigation, has said he kept multiple guns in his locker at the Verizon Center. The 28-year-old three-time NBA All-Star said he wanted to keep them away from his children and didn't know it was illegal. He says he took them out of the locker on Dec. 21 in a "misguided effort to play a joke" on a teammate.

League officials have said the locker-room incident stemmed from a card-game dispute between Arenas and teammate Javaris Crittenton on a plane trip two days earlier. At least seven Wizards players and coach Flip Saunders have appeared before a grand jury or been questioned by authorities. Earlier Thursday, police searched for a gun at Crittenton's apartment in Virginia but did not seize any evidence, according to court documents. It's unclear what role Crittenton played in the incident and whether he had a gun. He has kept a low profile and has said he did nothing wrong.

Police were specifically looking for a silver or chrome colored semiautomatic handgun with a black handle. A search warrant indicated police are investigating crimes including brandishing a weapon and violating the District of Columbia's gun laws. Crittenton's agent, Mark Bartelstein, said Crittenton was there during the search.

"It went as smooth as it could have gone," Bartelstein said.

Crittenton has been excused by the team from practices and games while authorities investigate.

Back