Diane

Reaction score
When I read the forum - I tend to put people into segments. Can't help it - it's a job hazard. Anyway - I tend to think of some people as being old school in their approach to golf and others as being new school in their approach. I fall into the latter category. I think some straddle both worlds, but not many of you. I don't think there is anything wrong with either way - they're just different.

interesting perspective D. which side of the fence would you place me on?

interesting perspective D. which side of the fence would you place me on?

Honestly - I put you mostly old school with a foot in new school.

Well carp, I gotta know where do I fall? You've opened a can of worms here Diane.LOL

Well carp, I gotta know where do I fall? You've opened a can of worms here Diane.LOL

I think you're old school too MO although we'll see after you go to Golftec where you go.

I think you're old school too MO although we'll see after you go to Golftec where you go.

Fair enough, what is old school though? Not being a smart arse just wondering what the difference is.

Fair enough, what is old school though? Not being a smart arse just wondering what the difference is.

If I say - people will start to argue with me and it's only my opinion so I don't want to argue about it. I will PM you.

I'm old school, proud of it. What worked then still works now.:banana:

I think I'm a dropout

I see myself as old school... where would you put me Diane?

And I promise I won't debate it with you... :D

I see myself as old school... where would you put me Diane?

And I promise I won't debate it with you... :D

Exactly where I'd put you too. As a matter of fact, it was one of your posts that got me thinking about this again.

I know I would be in the old school camp.

Honestly - I put you mostly old school with a foot in new school.

I think it's cool that you get those sort of vibes from what i say. I would say that you are spot on with your assessment. I like old school, I'm a bit of a traditionalist in a lot of things. Perhaps being a history major helps as well, I love the history of this game.

She might have a future at the psychic hotline

Diane - I say make a chart, or a Venn diagram showing where folks here lie.

I'm curious, and it could be fun. :D

Diane - I say make a chart, or a Venn diagram showing where folks here lie.

I'm curious, and it could be fun. :D

I can that Gummi. As long as people know it's only my opinion based on their posts.

I know where you would probably put me, but I am interested to see

I know where you would probably put me, but I am interested to see

sorry dude, she said old school or new school, there's no metro-school.:D

I don't think I could be categorized into either yet...maybe just PRE-school :D

OK you have got my curiosity up as to which I fit into I know where I would put myself but would like to know how you would place me. It will be fun to see if we agree or disagree.

I can that Gummi. As long as people know it's only my opinion based on their posts.
Hmmmm.this sounds interesting...but one word comes to mind...hogwash.
Of course it will be your opinion and there's no right or wrong when it comes to that.It's yours and sometimes yours alone.But I am curious.

Please take this in the spirit it's intended. If I left you off or put you on - it means nothing. I did leave JB off deliberately.
Venn.jpg

I've only been here a little over a month and I can get a sense on some people as well. With all the recent threads about rules, putters (preferences, lengths, anchor points), driver styles (cc's and traditional vs geometric), etc., most members' responses tend to show their preference at one end or the other. I'm pretty sure I know which end I am at, so I'm excited to see what she comes up with.

Back