Taylormade Introduces Burner Super Fast

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
This is a press release

Three years after unveiling Burner 07, the most successful driver in TaylorMade history, the No. 1 driver company in golf is unveiling the next generation of this phenomenal franchise, named simply Burner SuperFast. Weighing just 284 grams (an astounding 14 grams less than the Burner 07 and Burner 09 drivers), Burner SuperFast is a speed demon, designed to deliver increased clubhead speed and superior distance. Largest Clubface of Any TaylorMade Driver

The Burner SuperFast driver's improved performance starts with a new 460cc clubhead shape that's sleeker and more aerodynamic than past Burner drivers. This new head also boasts high MOI for tremendous forgiveness, and incorporates the largest clubface of any TaylorMade driver. Measuring an expansive 4,500 square millimeters, the new clubface is 14% larger than Burner 09's clubface. The larger face is important in light of the fact that the longer club-length of Burner drivers, like Burner SuperFast, makes it more challenging for the average player to make square contact consistently, and the larger face gives them more area to strike the ball with. The Burner SuperFast face also features a new bulge and roll design that's optimized to work with the higher MOI head to maximize forgiveness on off-center hits. Finally, the clubface incorporates TaylorMade's renowned Inverted Cone Technology, which promotes faster ball speed on off-center hits.  The Burner SuperFast driver also incorporates TaylorMade's proven Dual-Crown technology, which both lowers and pulls back the center of gravity to promote a higher launch angle and increased spin. Introduced in the TaylorMade Tour Burner driver two years ago, and also used in the Burner 09, Dual Crown technology is tremendously valuable. Longer, Lighter Shaft Promotes Higher Launch

Also critical to the Burner SuperFast driver's performance is its Matrix Ozik XCon 4.8 shaft, which is both ultra-light and tip-soft, helping the golfer generate more ball speed, a higher launch angle and more spin to promote more distance. And at 46.5" in length, Burner SuperFast automatically promotes a wide and fast swing arc. Burner SuperFast: Our Lightest Driver Ever

Another vital upgrade to the Burner SuperFast is the new Winn Lite grip that weighs just 30 grams, which is a full 14 grams lighter than the Burner 09's grip, yet it sacrifices nothing in terms of feel and traction. It's a critical component to our overall quest to make this club, at 284 grams, the lightest driver we've ever produced.  Put every element of our newest version of SuperFast technology together and you've got a driver that screams through the hitting zone to promote more pop at impact for more clubhead speed and distance than any Burner driver ever has, and that's saying something. The best news is that all players can take advantage of Burner SuperFast’s speed and distance benefits, as the driver will also be available in a ladies version in its own color palette. The Burner SuperFast driver is available in three lofts – 9.5, 10.5, HT – and five shaft flexes – L, M, R, S, X.. Availability begins on February 19, 2010 at a street price of $299. 

Burner SuperFast Fairway Woods
The 17-4 steel Burner SuperFast fairways share the driver's aerodynamic head shape and, compared to Burner 08 fairways, are lighter in weight, longer in club-length by a half-inch, are larger in size and deeper of face, all of which combines to make them easier to play and to promote increased distance. At 301 grams they're the lightest fairways we've ever offered, and they also feature the largest clubhead size we've ever offered in a steel fairway, with the 3-wood measuring 200cc. Burner SuperFast fairways are available in 3-wood (13?), 5-wood (15?), 7-wood (17?) and five shaft flexes – L, M, R, S and X. Availability begins on February 19, 2010 at a street price of $199 per club.

764053899_wUr9x-L.jpg

764053900_ZiHGX-L.jpg

764053901_YUBjk-L.jpg

What do the different shaft flexes mean?

• Admin
What do the different shaft flexes mean?

that is for another thread. But shaft flex is determined by a lot of factors one of which is swing speed.

I think I like the look of this. I need a few more angles to be sure.

I guess it's time for me to finally admit it. I am a TaylorMade fanboy, there I said it. I never look at any of their clubs and think that it is ugly. Everything they come out with I could see in my bag.

JB, since you have this driver for the shootout, can you post some pics? Especially of the crown? I really like the graphics on the crowns on the Burner drivers.

Mo, Welcome to the TM fanboy club. I'm a member as well.

• Admin
It will be done soon. No problem bonk.

Sounds like I could have my next club purchase waiting for me. I can't wait to demo this bad boy.

Availability begins on February 19, 2010 at a street price of $299. 

wouldn't u know it I been looking forward to seeing this club for months and I got a glimpse of it today at my local shop and of course it's available here for everyone to see. beautiful can't wait to get it. JB u stated it only comes in 3 lofts none of them being 8.5 are u sure that's the case? also will the club be available in TP models?

I got a glimpse of it today at my local shop

That is pretty awesome. TM said just today that they have not shipped these to any stores in the US as of today. If you pick one up, let us know your thoughts. We always like more feedback.

I too am a huge TM fan but I dont think im digging the huge numbers. The 3 is not so bad but for some reason it bugs me when the driver has a number 1 on it.

I too am a huge TM fan but I dont think im digging the huge numbers. The 3 is not so bad but for some reason it bugs me when the driver has a number 1 on it.

Why? It is a 1 wood.

I like the shape.

I might be the only forum member that isn't so sure about the looks of TM's newest offering. Perhaps the pics don't do it justice but I just think it looks to busy. Not sure about the stamping of the #'s on the bottom.

I might be the only forum member that isn't so sure about the looks of TM's newest offering. Perhaps the pics don't do it justice but I just think it looks to busy. Not sure about the stamping of the #'s on the bottom.

I dont think you are alone at all. Plenty of testers have felt the same way. I will say it looks better in person. We will get the pics up soon.

The only time your going to see the bottom of the club head is if your wife or gf chases you down with it.

I'd love to see a shot at address. Looks nice. Not sure which of the new TM's I like better. Next month should be interesting with both of these being released as well as the new Nike VR which looks extremely nice as well.

I dont think you are alone at all. Plenty of testers have felt the same way. I will say it looks better in person. We will get the pics up soon.

I just don't understand why such a drastic change. It seems like the previous Burner's had such a cult following.

I can't wait to see the pics of this one at address

I just don't understand why such a drastic change. It seems like the previous Burner's had such a cult following.

I like to play Burner drivers and I'm a fan of this club. at first I didn't like the 1 stamp but it grew on me.

I cant imagine this one being any better than the 09 or 07 Burners.
46.5 inches seems like overkill...itl be interesting to see how it plays.

I cant imagine this one being any better than the 09 or 07 Burners.
46.5 inches seems like overkill...itl be interesting to see how it plays.

it's .5 inches longer than the 09.

14 grams lighter also.

Back