Golf Chick

Golf Fashionista
Reaction score
Handicap
Decreasing
It seems like quite a few people are buying new golf shoes, when do you normally puchase a new pair? Do you treat them like regular shoes when they wear out you get a new pair? Thoughts? :D

My goal right now is to get a bunch of different colours. My white adidas are fine but I'd like to get some black ones. I'd say it is time to get new shoes when A) They get to feel too small or B) The material starts to fray and come apart.

I also want a lot of different colors, but that's expensive...

I only have one pair, and they feel like they're almost worn out (I haven't even worn them for a full yr yet!)

I'll look into getting a new pair within a few months, and one day... I'll have several to choose from!

I'm not planning on buying any new shoes this year, of course that is totally dependent on if I find a smoking deal on a pair of Puma's. The Air Zoom's that I bought last year are still in great shape and they are broken in for maximum comfort right now.

It seems like quite a few people are buying new golf shoes, when do you normally puchase a new pair? Do you treat them like regular shoes when they wear out you get a new pair? Thoughts? :D

I try and take really good care of my golf shoes. Just like my dress shoes, I clean them and polish them. That way they really do not get to worn out other than spikes which I can replace.

I have quite a few pairs and even before THP, had about 8 pairs that I rotate through depending on the outfit.

I have 4 pairs of golf shoes that I rotate out, depending on what I'm wearing and what colors :) But lately, it seems I've been buying golf shoes when its been a really good deal and they've been on sale! Too good to pass up ;) The last pair of shoes I bought were on sale and it happened to be at the grand opening of Golfsmith Extreme, so I had a gift certificate AND a sale :good:

Re: New Golf Shoes

I have a significant golf shoe collection. I live in them 8-9 months out of the year so I keep a solid rotation and am always looking for new ones. once I find a style I like....I try to pick it up in every color and an extra pair as a replacement when one wears out. I don't take care of my shoes.....stupid I know but I'm too lazy. our locker room guy hooks me up with a polish here and there which is nice. I change spikes when they're worn.

I am probably pushing 20 pair? I am not right....but I could use a few more .

I had a pair of black Adidas Tour 360's and wanted a white pair so I just got a pair of the white and blue Adidas power bands. Great shoes cant wait until April to start playing again.

I think I need to start buying more shoes. Only have 2 pairs so far and starting to get a little inferiority complex going.

I currently have 8 pairs that I wear. I have a few others, but they have fallen out of my rotation. I usually buy a pair if I really like the style, for example, I just bought the new Pumas... I have more than enough to get by especially living in NY.

I have 4 pairs of golf shoes that I rotate out, depending on what I'm wearing and what colors :) But lately, it seems I've been buying golf shoes when its been a really good deal and they've been on sale! Too good to pass up ;) The last pair of shoes I bought were on sale and it happened to be at the grand opening of Golfsmith Extreme, so I had a gift certificate AND a sale :good:

Where is golfsmith extreme located at? I have heard a few thing about it but never quite the location......Thanks GC!

Where is golfsmith extreme located at? I have heard a few thing about it but never quite the location......Thanks GC!

Its in Irvine right off the 5, near the Spectrum, but this place is HUGE!!!

Sadly I only have 2 pair but constantly looking to add more. Just can't seem to get beyond the basic white and black pairs

Re: New Golf Shoes

thanks1974 said:
Sadly I only have 2 pair but constantly looking to add more. Just can't seem to get beyond the basic white and black pairs

get out there and live life! you don't know what you're missing.

I guess I'm at the back of the back here. I just bought my first pair in October. Before I used to golf barefoot if possible to work on my balance. If it was a nicer place that frowned on that activity, I just used tennis shoes. I'll probably be investing in more pairs now after owning my first set.

I like those JB, they look like bowling shoes haa haa

I currently own 2 pairs and I am sure I will have a lot more in the coming months. I can't wait for the Kikkors to come out.

I have 6 pairs. I bought a pair of Callaways last year and they were so comfortable, I bought them in another color as well. I have a pair of the last Reebok golf shoes made, I have two pairs of Nikes and a pair of Etonics. I rotate them based on the clothes I am wearing.

Like this

704083806_DgJiz-M.jpg

love those. I would soooo wear those....all the darn time. the DOG at my has those in Pink and Red. Sounds gross but it's actually pretty cool. Poulter had a pair in his garage in some clip I saw at FJ.com

FJ totally disrespects the ladies in the custom shoe department. its been that way for years. so frustrating.

Stay tuned, FJ will be doing more for women coming up soon. We should have news on that very soon.

Stay tuned, FJ will be doing more for women coming up soon. We should have news on that very soon.

YAY!! :joy:

Back