Nickent 4DX CB Irons

Bigborgel

Ugly Golf
Reaction score
Handicap
I'm sitting here feeling pretty fat and happy with myself right now. I just got a brand new set of Nickent 4DX irons on the "Bay for $ 129. The set has their
4 & 5 IW hybrids(to which I'm adding my 29* 6 IW) and 6,7,8,9,PW and SW.

I sold my Cally 06 BB irons and Nickent 3DX's to thin the herd, and pay for these irons. Want to go to the range to road test them, but it's only 32*now, but by Friday supposed to hit the high 50's. If they play anywhere as well as the 3DX's, I'll be thrilled.

Congrats on your purchase. I'm still looking for the 6H.

Very awesome!! Congrats on the new clubs :clapp:

Congrats. I was actually just on the phone interviewing their club designer (former) and he was telling me about where all the clubs went. It looks like one online retailer bought their entire inventory from the bank.

Congrats. I was actually just on the phone interviewing their club designer (former) and he was telling me about where all the clubs went. It looks like one online retailer bought their entire inventory from the bank.

That's interesting, I wonder how much inventory is out there.

According to him...A LOT!!!!!
Seems reasonable.After all if they sold all they could make they'd probleby still be alive.
That's a shame too because the people I know that have them love them.

Smalls-find a 6H asap. This has become my go-to club, with 29* of loft, I use it for everything, approaches, fairway wood, even as a chipper. Great club, found it in a barrel of used clubs at my local retailer. Oh, it's great out of a fairway bunker, plenty of loft to clear a lip, and good distance. It replaced a Jackaroo II of the same loft.

Last edited:
That good that reasonable?

That good that reasonable?

It's funny this thread come up. I recently looked at a set of Nickent 4dx pro's and the Nickent arc blades recently. The 4Dx Pro's were a steal. Just not sure if a a blade type club would work well for a 12 handicapper?

It's funny this thread come up. I recently looked at a set of Nickent 4dx pro's and the Nickent arc blades recently. The 4Dx Pro's were a steal. Just not sure if a a blade type club would work well for a 12 handicapper?

The 4DX Pros are still up there with my favorite set from 2009. If you like soft irons, they may be the softest I have played. Not a ton of forgiveness in there.

I dont know alot about Nickent. Do they make good clubs? Is it woods, hybrids or irons or all of the above?

I dont know alot about Nickent. Do they make good clubs? Is it woods, hybrids or irons or all of the above?

We reviewed their entire line on the home page and I am still a believer that their 4DX hybrid may be one of the best created.

Unfortunately they do not make anything anymore.

We reviewed their entire line on the home page and I am still a believer that their 4DX hybrid may be one of the best created.

Unfortunately they do not make anything anymore.

I know abou them out of business, one of there plants/offices is right by my place and it is shut down.

I guess we won't be rating their customer service highly.....
What a shame.I guess there is a reason for huge marketing.I hadn't heard much about Nickent till I got here.I hit one of Smalls irons and thought it was a nice forgiving club.

It is a shame. My experience with their customer service was all good.

It is a shame. My experience with their customer service was all good.
That also means you might be getting a real deal on that 6 hybrid you want if you can find it.

If is the key word here Jeff. I found one last May but it was a senior flex and I didn't want to buy it and have to re-shaft it. I knew I would run across another. Still waiting.

If is the key word here Jeff. I found one last May but it was a senior flex and I didn't want to buy it and have to re-shaft it. I knew I would run across another. Still waiting.
If you can get a great deal it isn't that big a deal to reshaft.
I thought you used senior shafts anyway :D

If you can get a great deal it isn't that big a deal to reshaft.
I thought you used senior shafts anyway :D

Not yet Jeff!

I would have if I had known how hard it was to find them again.

4dx pro irons

4dx pro irons

I bought an almost new set to fun around with for $219.00. 3 - pw . I looked on Nickent's web site and these irons sold for $799.00???? I just was curious about them and being a club ho, I wanted to see what I could do with a semi blade type set of irons. I have been playing the super game improvement irons for quite a while now. My divots are slim to none with the wide sole irons. They should arrive today or tomorrow so the experiment is on :eek:)

Back