What Part of Golf.....

provisional

Could Care Less
Reaction score
Handicap
10+/-
What part of golf is of the most interest to you? To me it is putting, and to be more specific, it's those pesky multi breaking putts. Trying to figure out the various breaks, and then trying start the ball off on the right line to roll the ball through all those different breaks is fascinating to me. Just finishing close to the hole is a monumental achievement for me when faced with a multi breaker.

Don't get me wrong. I am interested in hitting good shots in general, but putting keeps me focused more so than those other shots. :D

Chipping. I guess because I find it more challenging than putting. There are so many more variables to consider... carry, roll, backspin, funky lies and stances, and there is still the break to read too. I like to use my imagination on the course, and chipping allows for that.

Nothing feels much better than watching a well executed chip roll out close to the hole. :D

I really like a nice approach shot into a tight tucked pun. The challenge of different irons at different distances makes the mind and imaganition keep flowing.

I love driving the ball. Fading or drawing it to a spot down the fairway. I usually tell myself before the shot I'm going to hit it "right there", and when I do it feels great. Nothing carves a shot like a driver.

But,

Wedge play is the most fun. 115 into about 30. There are so many different ways to hit those shots, and deciding which one to hit is my favorite mental aspect of the game. And the most fun wedge shots to hit are the low ones that hit, skip, hop, and stop.

Kevin

Nothing feels much better than watching a well executed chip roll out close to the hole. :D
Unless it's watchin it roll on in :D

For me its ballstriking. I love it when a shot works out exactly as I planned. For me, putting and the short game has always been so easy and Ive always been such a natural at it that it doesnt really interest me all that much.
There is something very satisfying about being able to crush a drive 250-275 yards right down the middle of the fairway.

I guess pitching/chipping is the most interesting part of the game. I could stay at the pitching/chipping green all day if I didn't have to go and pickup my balls to start over. I really like it more now that I have 2 Cleveland's Niblick clubs.

Chipping. I guess because I find it more challenging than putting. There are so many more variables to consider... carry, roll, backspin, funky lies and stances, and there is still the break to read too. I like to use my imagination on the course, and chipping allows for that.

I've only chipped in from about 15-20 yards out but that is definetly one of the more rewarding parts of the game!

For me the most exciting part is blasting out of a greenside bunker and getting it close to the hole. I also like playing from an awkward stance after I've gotten myself into trouble, it's always fun to try and figure out a way to get the ball back into play. I know it's not the smartest way to play but I still enjoy it.

The competition for me I guess. Win or lose I have a good time, but I'm bearing down on every shot. Even when I'm out there alone, I'm looking for new shots and better fundamentals to stay with the competition.

The competition for me I guess. Win or lose I have a good time, but I'm bearing down on every shot. Even when I'm out there alone, I'm looking for new shots and better fundamentals to stay with the competition.

That's a good point due.....but i must say last weekend the course i play was dead....my wife didn't feel like going with, and all my golfing buddies were out of town.....i was never rushed, throughout both days by the people behind me or waiting for the people in front of me......but i did absolutly horrible on both days some of the worst golf i've played to date.....i think i have a better game when i'm playing against someone or not thinking about every shot as i was last weekend i guess!

The 100 yard shot that hits the green bounces a couple of times and rolls into the cup or maybe the 30' putts that comes off the face and rolls itself to the bottom of the cup.Those kind of keep me coming back among others.But mainly the friends you get to spend time with.

Approach shots, I feel they take they most skill and judgement. There is a tiny pin, you need to know how far each of your clubs go. And swing with just the right touch to get it near the hole.

I'm with Rick. I like chipping. Depending upon the lie, where the pin is, etc., you can use anything from a 5-iron to a lob wedge. Fluffy lies, tight lies, buried lies, a shot over a bunker to a tight pin, and the like, require a lot of creativity...and practice. :)

chipping is my favorite part! i love my sw :love:

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

actually shaping shots and having them go where i want them to go... that interests me alot

Approach shots, I feel they take they most skill and judgement. There is a tiny pin, you need to know how far each of your clubs go. And swing with just the right touch to get it near the hole.

I agee with Dent although I know I don't have the skill, judgement or touch to do it correctly, but it's the part of golf that most interests me.

I love recovery shots. With my game, I've had to learn to love them. Nothing is more satisfying than hitting a low hook or fade under some tree branches and have it bounce onto the green while your competitors grumble under their breath about how lucky you are.

Driving mostly because it's fun watching my buddies hate me for being in the middle of the fairway every hole.

The 100 yard shot that hits the green bounces a couple of times and rolls into the cup or maybe the 30' putts that comes off the face and rolls itself to the bottom of the cup.Those kind of keep me coming back among others.But mainly the friends you get to spend time with.

There ya go.

For me it's everything I can use my 60 degree wedge for.
I just love everything you can do with it, however I must confess if my drives weren't so inconsistent I don't know for sure what I would like the most.

Driving. It sets up what my second and/or third shot will be. If I'm driving well it means I have a lot of short irons or wedges into the green or to lay up for a short chip/approach. If I'm not driving well it wil mean using my long irons which are not the strength of my game.

for me it's definitely driving. It's the most consistent part of my game. Plus I have always liked watching the ball go far (well far for me, which for most of you wouldn't be far at all), I can crush my driver but struggle like crazy with my irons.

I agee with Dent although I know I don't have the skill, judgement or touch to do it correctly, but it's the part of golf that most interests me.

x3 Sticking an approach shot is the most fun for me so I work on my iron game more than anything else.

Back