Anyone replace grip on Nike STR8-Fit driver?

tmoney

Bogey Golfer
Reaction score
Handicap
I got a new Nike driver for Christmas and like it very much after playing twice over the holidays (before it got frigid in Atlanta).

Has anyone with this driver replaced the grips? The reason I ask is that Nike markets that the grip is 360 degrees and can be used with no difference in feel as you adjust the club.

Recently, I changed the grips on my clubs to a soft Winn DSI and really would like to have them on the driver too. I would like to know if Nike's claims are valid or other grips would be fine.

FYI - I do realize I would lose the adjustment dial that is on the butt of the Nike grip.

I changed the grip when I used it. No problems at all.

Thanks

Thanks

I changed the grip when I used it. No problems at all.

Thanks - seemed fishy to me. The Winn seemed to have a spine-feel on the back of the clubs I had re-gripped, but I may have been imagining it.

If you have the head/shaft set to you preferred setting any grip will work fine. The "360" designed grip is so that as you change the head setting and not have a logo, alignment aid or reminder rib to deal with.

I have wondered this as well. Thanks for asking.

Well - nothing left to do now but rip off the Nike grip and wait for the weather to get warmer.

Thanks!

Replaced min with a GP New Decade Yellow after about a week. I have had zero issues in adjusting and I like the new grip much better.

I agree with 2659Edward. The 360 grip is designed without markings so when you adjust it you are not thrown off. I have the reverse problem - I bought a Dymo2 used with a Winn grip that is too soft and thick. Does anyone know where I can get a replacement Str8 fit Grip? The Nike website is really UNhelpful.

Call customer service at Nike Golf and they should be able to help.

Back