If you were to relocate, where would you want to go?

Pawley's Island S.C. somewhere quite close to Caledonia & True Blue.

I am born and raised in KC.I lived for 7 years on the VA side of DC. That place was great.It has everything you could want.Shopping,culture,history,schools,night life.Buying/renting is very costly.There are many opportunities for employment.As far as crime, that's is going to happen everywhere you go....
WHEN we leave here it will be to Atlanta or Christianstead,St.Croix USVI.
KC will always be my home town but I am sick and tired of super cold weather.I have endured it long enough!

One of the big problems with D.C. is that certain parts of it have LOTS of problems with crime. You have to be careful where you go at night.
D.C. is a beautiful city with lots of history though. I could live there (and probably will someday).

I did live in D.C. (in the city limits) for quite some time, and I absolutely loved it. Because of the height restrictions on buildings, it's a very low density city. One-fifth of the land is Federal park. I never owned a car and almost never needed one. Great, great place.

Alpine, Texas-close to Big Bend National Park, the most beautiful area in the state, away from the maddening crowd.
Sante Fe, New Mexico, love it.
Hot Springs Village, Arkansas, low taxes, very cheap to live there, great golf courses

Maui - if I win the lottery some day I am moving to Hawaii.

Same here. I love Hawaii but I'd have to live on the beach.

If I were to ever relocate,it would never be in a state that snowed or had more then 20" of rain.I just don't know how folks tolorate that.I'm glad you do,so I can enjoy my sunny states with less people

Tucson AZ or San Diego

Las Vegas, Austin, TX or Nashville, TN are my choices.

Relocated from Maryland (about an hour south of DC) to Omaha, NE about 4 years ago. Main reason for relocating were to escape the high cost of living. Omaha provides plenty of job opportunities, with a fairly low cost of living, and the climate is not bad. After this winter though I'm not sure about Omaha anymore :smile: We'll probably stay here a few more years, but we'll eventually head back to Maryland to be near family.

Looking for climate and just way of life I'd move to San Diego in a heart beat. Looking for Grandchildren , teaching them golf and how to pick and chose what's important to their future, I'd pick Missouri. Kashe and Lily will know what's right and have a true choice. Golf or accounting, lmao. No lawyers in this family!

Not a whole lot wrong with San Diego. Very little humity. 78-82 degrees it seems like all the time.

I lived in Oceanside (just north of San Diego) for several years. I loved the weather and the beaches... but I think it is a much better place to visit than live.

It would take a significant amount of persuasion to move from Chicago, but I suppose I wouldn't mind Charleston. Nah... nevermind, I wouldn't relocate.

Several friends of mine moved to San Diego 25 years ago. They love it. Too sunny all the time for me, but I like being able to visit.

I like CO. Too humid in FL. DC is pretty cool, but I actually like Chicago better for food. As weird as it sounds, when I retire I could see living in a condo in a big city. I love the idea of little restaurants and grocery stores everywhere that you can walk to, but that would make playing a lot of golf difficult.

I may want somewhere that's always warm when I retire, but as of right now, that doesn't appeal to me. Maybe spend the Winter in AZ or NM. Not FL or CA.

I know for sure if I suddenly had the money to do exactly what I wanted, I could easily live or at least spend a lot of time in Ireland. I think Galway was the neatest city I've ever visited, and being close to the ocean would great. The food there was just dandy. I'm not sure golf can be much better anywhere than it is in Ireland.

If they would have me. I don't think I misbehaved too badly the one time I was there. Maybe a couple nights, but I've mellowed since then. The Irish are so cool. By far the nicest people I've encountered while traveling. It's been 13 years since I was there, though, and I know it's changed a lot in that time. More expensive with a much better economy, which is great for the country.

Kevin

Alpine, Texas-close to Big Bend National Park, the most beautiful area in the state, away from the maddening crowd.
Sante Fe, New Mexico, love it.
Hot Springs Village, Arkansas, low taxes, very cheap to live there, great golf courses

I was a member at HSV for 2 years. Average mean temp 72, 9 championship golf courses kept in pristine condition, very low taxes. The only real drawback is it is filled with Chicagoans who all retired to the south.:D

Still, if I had to chose, I would live somewhere in Baxter County, AR...preferably where I could reach the Buffalo or White River within 20 minutes. There are several golf course I can play reasonably without having a lot of people around.

Either Southern California or Oahu. I grew up in both places and have family at both - brother, sister and parents in So Cal, and all the cousins on my mom's side on Oahu. It would be a little easier relocating to So Cal, employment-wise, as the company I've been with for 24 years now has an office there.

DC is a cool city to visit but no way would I want to live there. Wife & I were on a bike trip up the east coast & were in DC while Clinton was still in office. Rode from the capital out to a HD shop in Lanham in which we passed through some very rough areas. I was actually pulled over by an ambulance being driven by a black man right across from RFK stadium, he told us to not stop for any lights, slow down & run them he said as the crime right there was very bad.

Where it's year round golf

Where it's year round golf

I actually love it right here in Middle Georigia, however, if it keeps staying this freaking cold, Gray Golfer and Calloway, are packing up the cats and dogs and moving in with JB & GG in Florida :eek:)!

Either Southern California or Oahu. I grew up in both places and have family at both - brother, sister and parents in So Cal, and all the cousins on my mom's side on Oahu. It would be a little easier relocating to So Cal, employment-wise, as the company I've been with for 24 years now has an office there.

C'mon back down bonk! :D

I was born and spent my first 21 years of life in NY, mostly in New York City ( 4 year of college in upstate). I then moved out west to San Diego. After two years there I moved up to Los Angeles(my boss down there was a complete fool otherwise I never would of left) San Diego is a great place to be, as is So Cal as a whole. The one thing I do miss here is the change of seasons. People here say they have change of seasons cause you can take a drive for an hour and be in the mountains in the snow but it is not the same.

Moved from Las Vegas to HSV, AL.
HSV is a really nice place it is actually not what real rednecks would call an Alabama city...
Too technological...

Still..if I had the choice, I miss the SW....While I have no desire to move back to something as crowded as Las Vegas, something like Scottsdale or Tucson would be my first choice....

Moved from Las Vegas to HSV, AL.
HSV is a really nice place it is actually not what real rednecks would call an Alabama city...
Too technological...

Still..if I had the choice, I miss the SW....While I have no desire to move back to something as crowded as Las Vegas, something like Scottsdale or Tucson would be my first choice....

Scottsdale is part of the Phoenix area and both are overly crowded.

The Phoenix area is just a mini Los Angeles

Let me rephrase....I would ask some of my THP SW brethren where would be a decent town in AZ that is not overcrowded to retire...lol

That's funny. 30 years ago when I traveled the entire US, I would tell people that Phoenix was like LA without the crazy people.:D

Back