What length putter do you use?

What length putter do you use?

• Total voters
And why? Im about 5'9 but Ive found myself going more towards the 35" putters lately. They just seem more comfortable over the ball. But before Id always used 34" putters.

I'm 5'91/2" and used a 35 for one season and then switched to a 33 inch putter have not changed since then. However I like to hunch over the ball. I'd think that your address style rather then height dictates the OAH putter you'd use but I could be so far off track it's not funny.

I'm 5'5" and have a 34" putter. I tried shorter putters, but was most comfortable with this one.

I'm 5'91/2" and used a 35 for one season and then switched to a 33 inch putter have not changed since then. However I like to hunch over the ball. I'd think that your address style rather then height dictates the OAH putter you'd use but I could be so far off track it's not funny.

There must be something to this hunching thing..... You are the third huncher that has been on here today :banghead: It must get you lower to the ball for better eye/ball contact :eek:)

There must be something to this hunching thing..... You are the third huncher that has been on here today :banghead: It must get you lower to the ball for better eye/ball contact :eek:)

:laughing::laughing:

Not sure just what it is but it works, it ain't pretty but it's effective. Although pretty and I are never normally used in the same sentence.

I'm 6'4" and use a 36" choked down.

I'm 5'7" and I use the 33" choked down a tad. Had a 35" when I first started playing and I felt like I had a belly putter since I was choked down on it so much until I cut it down.

I'm 5'6" and use a 33 that I had cut down. But, I could use a 28" putter, lol. I bend over the ball completely and choke way down to the bottom of the grip. Some of my fingers are actually off the grip when I putt. A coach would never teach that, I doubt, but putting is possibly the best part of my game. I'm averaged around 30 putts a round last year, so I'd guess that's pretty average?

34". I was a previous belly user. Really head my lag putting. Didn't really feel or work well with the short, 5 foot or less putt.

I am only about 5'6" but use a 35" putter. Probably should use some thing shorter but, I do not.

I'm 5'7", and use a 33" putter.

Using a longer putter feels like I'm standing straight up.

I find that several people who complain about putters being too short, with try to putt with their arms bent in all kinds of funny configurations; rather than letting them hang relaxed at address.

From the poll results so far it doesn't look like we've embraced the belly putter here.

34"... the way i putt i should be using a 33" cuz i choke down on the grip as to almost touch the metal... but i like the "extending" feeling laying the rest of the grip against my left forearm for stability

I'm 6'1" and use a 34" and choke down 1"...

I couldn't vote as there was no option.

I play a 36.5" putter.

I figured this had no application to me--I have to round up to get to 5'5". Then I measured my putter--34 inches. I do choke down a bit. It was the only left-handed putter in the store when the airline lost my old clubs 10 days before my golf league started, and I love it. It's the only club in my bag older than 2 years.

6'2" here and have used a 34" putter for the last 6 years......

5'6" and use anything from a 33" to a 35". I'm probably most comfortable with a 34". 35" is a little long and choke down a bit, 33 would be perfect but depending on what shoes I'm wearing it seems a bit short.

I'm 6'2" and I use a 35 putter.
I feel my putts are better when I stand up more straight.

Re: What length putter do you use?

6'3" and 35" putter.

Sometimes I think I could go a 1/2" longer though.

Back