NHL '09-'10 Season

Anyone else smell that? Man my Blue Jackets stink. :sad: Hopefully they turn it around soon. I can't take anymore shoot out loses.

Or the Leafs winning something like 10 of their last 13. Im sure Lefte is excited.
Well not getting too carried away but they are 5-4-1 in their last 10. 500 hockey for them is pretty good.

Major bummer last night. We just got back Ryan Smyth and Wayne Simmonds and then Justin Williams breaks his leg in the first. Hopefully he has a speedy recovery.

Coyotes beat the Kings :clapp: These were the TWO WORST teams in hockey last year :laughing:

Anyone else smell that? Man my Blue Jackets stink. :sad: Hopefully they turn it around soon. I can't take anymore shoot out loses.

:sad: :sad: Still can't win. :sad: :sad: Funny line in the local paper yesterday. It said that the Jackets had the most loses in the first two months of the season, after leading the game. Then it said that they changed that. They haven't lead in a game in a while. :sad: And we were supposed to compete for Lord Stanley's cup this season. The ship is taking on water and I don't think it's going to stay afloat much longer.

The Team Canada roster came out today. I figured I would just lump the Olympics in with the NHL thread.

Team Canada 2010 Goaltenders:
Martin Brodeur
Marc-Andre Fleury
Roberto Luongo

All the goalies hail from the mecca of hockey goaltenders Quebec.

Team Canada 2010 Defence
Dan Boyle
Drew Doughty
Duncan Keith
Scott Niedermayer (Team Captain)
Chris Pronger (Alternate Captain)
Brent Seabrook
Shea Weber

Four BC boys selected to play defence for team Canada. No Green, Bouwmeester?

Team Canada 2010 Forwards
Patrice Bergeron
Sidney Crosby (Alternate Captain)
Ryan Getzlaf
Dany Heatley
Jarome Iginla (Alternate Captain)
Patrick Marleau
Brenden Morrow
Rick Nash
Corey Perry
Mike Richards
Eric Staal
Joe Thornton
Jonathan Toews
Vancity Buzz - Vancouver Blog: 2010 Team Canada Hockey Roster Unveiled

Not overly shocked by any of the picks but one.....Pronger. Have they really watched him play this season??? Someone needs to tell him that the spectators sit in the seats not stand on the ice and get in the way. Pronger over Green well OK at least Canada has a goon just in case there's a line brawl. I'm curious what Team USA will unvail on New Years Day

Im excited about Doughty making. This kid is awesome. Pronger was a head scratcher, but I guess you always need a vet like him or 3 or 4. :act-up:

I'm hoping the Yanks pick Quick over Anderson I think he's earned the spot. It's a tough call between him and Anderson but I like the way this kid tends the pipes. Miller is a forgone conclusion for the #1 with Thomas as his backup but truth be told both Quick and Anderson in my mind have out performed Thomas so far this season.

Anyone going to the Winter Classic in Boston? I see that some tix are almost $1,000 thereby killing my desire to go. So I'm hoping to live vicariously through someone.

This USA/Canada junior game has been pretty good so far. 5-3 now.

This USA/Canada junior game has been pretty good so far. 5-3 now.
I was blown away when Canada tied it up in regulation only to lose in OT. The Yank goal in OT was sweet, by the way he kept looking for the pass but then pulled the string on a great shot. This will given the rivalry stronger in Vancouver.

I was blown away when Canada tied it up in regulation only to lose in OT. The Yank goal in OT was sweet, by the way he kept looking for the pass but then pulled the string on a great shot. This will given the rivalry stronger in Vancouver.
Ya it seemed like Canada was going to take that momentum into OT. I jumped off the couch when they scored that goal, I cant believe how quite that arena got. It was classy for the Canadian fans to clap after.

Ya it seemed like Canada was going to take that momentum into OT. I jumped off the couch when they scored that goal, I cant believe how quite that arena got. It was classy for the Canadian fans to clap after.
They bloody well needed to clap they got a very entertaining game

Picture1-69.jpg
340x.jpg

Identity theft is not a joke, Florida.

As far as I'm concerned, the Panthers can KEEP that style of jersey....I never really cared for the Penguins' powder blue 3rd jerseys. If they want to go retro with their 3rd jersey, how about either the darker blue they wore in the 70s, or keep the current black/vegas gold jcolors with just "Pittsburgh" diagonally across the front, similar to their old road jerseys...

keep the current black/vegas gold jcolors with just "Pittsburgh" diagonally across the front, similar to their old road jerseys...
The diagonal jersey was always my favorite Penguins jersey.

Anybody else catch the Blackhawks/Wild game the other night? The Wild came back for a 5-1 defecit and beat the 'Hawks in an OT shootout.
Not sure if youd chalk it up to the 'Hawks not playing to their potential or the Wild playing out of their frickin' minds, but it was a great game and a great win for the Wild!

As far as I'm concerned, the Panthers can KEEP that style of jersey....I never really cared for the Penguins' powder blue 3rd jerseys. If they want to go retro with their 3rd jersey, how about either the darker blue they wore in the 70s, or keep the current black/vegas gold jcolors with just "Pittsburgh" diagonally across the front, similar to their old road jerseys...
Well, it looks like you're getting your wish. Word on the street is, the powder blues are gone next year and being replaced by a different retro style. A popular choice seems to be the yellow and black style they wore in Lemieux's rookie year:
mario-lemieux.jpg

Well, it looks like you're getting your wish. Word on the street is, the powder blues are gone next year and being replaced by a different retro style. A popular choice seems to be the yellow and black style they wore in Lemieux's rookie year:
mario-lemieux.jpg

Now that there is one sweet sweater!

Anybody else catch the Blackhawks/Wild game the other night? The Wild came back for a 5-1 defecit and beat the 'Hawks in an OT shootout.
Not sure if youd chalk it up to the 'Hawks not playing to their potential or the Wild playing out of their frickin' minds, but it was a great game and a great win for the Wild!

Didn't see the game how was the Hawks netminding? I think that is where they may have problems in the playoffs. Hossa's hurt not good but they are deep enough to overcome. If they're going to do it this is the season.

Cujo to officially retire tomorrow at 42 it's time but sad to see this guys time end.

Didn't see the game how was the Hawks netminding? I think that is where they may have problems in the playoffs. Hossa's hurt not good but they are deep enough to overcome. If they're going to do it this is the season.
The netminding is never very good when your goalie lets the puck slip by 5 times.
Then again, the Wild is up on the Pens 4-3 right now, so maybe the Wild is just playing that good right now.
Im DEFINETLY happy to see the Wild taking it to the Pens. :D
On a side note, the commented tonight that the Wild have sold out 390 consecutive home games and the past 4 out of 5 have actually been over capacity. Just goes to show you how much we love hockey here in the upper midwest and IMO is all the more reason why the NHL should expand and create a team in Wisconsin. If Minnesota can sell out every game, you can bet that a team in Wisconsin would do the same! Until then, I guess I will just cheer for the Wild. The Wisconsin hockey fan in me feels like its a little bit wrong to cheer for one of our biggest rivals, but its not as if Chicago or Michigan is any less of a sports rival for us.

I've watched the Wild play their last two games vs. the Pens and the Canucks. They were pretty impressive in both games could these guys be a dark horse for the cup????? All I know is right now this is not a team you want to play at this point and time. I think they go to St Lou next I don't envy the Blues at all.

The Wild are playing really well right now. I dont see them being a threat to win the Cup this year, but the are a real threat to make the playoffs.

I've watched the Wild play their last two games vs. the Pens and the Canucks. They were pretty impressive in both games could these guys be a dark horse for the cup????? All I know is right now this is not a team you want to play at this point and time. I think they go to St Lou next I don't envy the Blues at all.

They killed the Penguins :(

Back