How to Wrap a golf club?

Dent

MIA
Reaction score
Handicap
Hey guys,

I am giving my dad some late christmas presents, and one of them is a wedge. I don't want him to know its a wedge, so wrapping it will not be an easy task. Unfortunatly all of my boxes that clubs came in for delivery I threw out.

Is there any way I can wrap the wedge without a box, and without him knowing its a golf club?

Brainstorming is appreciated :D

Dent.

Wrap a bunch of towels around it first. Then use wrapping paper.

Sure thing Dent.

Anything to change the shape.

Instead of towels you can use newspapers and recycled paper :good:

i would tape the wedge to a broom or a mop or something so he'll think you're getting him something cheesy like that, then wham! new wedge.

Dent - Put the club in his bag when he's not looking. Then wrap a box - any size - it doesn't matter because it will be empty. Let him open the empty box - then show him his golf bag - see if he spots the new club. He'll be surprised because the empty box will throw him off. Or put something weird in the box and let him think that's his gift.

Dent - Put the club in his bag when he's not looking. Then wrap a box - any size - it doesn't matter because it will be empty. Let him open the empty box - then show him his golf bag - see if he spots the new club. He'll be surprised because the empty box will throw him off. Or put something weird in the box and let him think that's his gift.

That's a great idea! Maybe take a picture of his golf bag and put it into the box?

I was thinking the same thing Diane, perhaps making up some phony question that involves him looking into his golf bag and then he will see the new wedge. That was my original plan. Unfortunately his golf clubs are in Phoenix right now. So that won't work.

I was thinking the same thing Diane, perhaps making up some phony question that involves him looking into his golf bag and then he will see the new wedge. That was my original plan. Unfortunately his golf clubs are in Phoenix right now. So that won't work.

What about wrapping a box with some weird thing in it anyway and then bring the club out after he opens the empty box. Just tie a big bow around the club. Again - he'll be surprised.

How about cutting it into 3 pieces and including some duct tape in the package?

dave

ps. OK, maybe some ideas that you get on the internet aren't so good :alien:

Better yet, do a scavanger hunt, ending at the golf bag. The first clue goes in the box.

Ask Elin. Wait, you probably don't want to wrap it around his head.

Kevin

Better yet, do a scavanger hunt, ending at the golf bag. The first clue goes in the box.

Great idea.

Dent - do you need help writing clues? Claire and Esox just volunteered.

I just went the simple route this time. Because he didn't really unwrap anything on christmas it will be nice for him to open a present. 5 towels, alot of duct tape, and a terrible wrapping job later, His golf club is inside :D

Dent - He'll be happy because it's a golf club and it's a gift from you. It doesn't matter how it looks.

i used toilet paper and duct tape to wrap a couple "special" gifts this year. it certainly got a few laughs.

My brother has this annoying thing of going mad with the cellotape (yes cello....not sello!!!! lol). To the point that most of the paper is covered whilst still being neat. - Virtually impossible to get inside!! I find it entertaining though....I am sure if he had duct tape at home he would have used that!! lol

Dent - He'll be happy because it's a golf club and it's a gift from you. It doesn't matter how it looks.

That doesn't work so well once you get out of preschool.

I just thought of something, what about like a picture scavenger hunt, well sort of. You take a picture of a wrapped box and you put that into another wrapped box and so on and then eventually there'll be a picture of a golf club and voila :clapp: Kind of like opening more than 1 present!!

doggone it.I saw this and was seeking advice on how to regrip.

Back