Google Chrome browser....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kmac

Banned
Reaction score
Handicap
I just installed this on my work computer and WOW its fast! Much faster then Firefox and IE. I dont ever use IE anymore anyway but its faster then Firefox for sure. Not sure I like the setup of the favorites bar either. Google really is going for world domination!

Anyone else using it?

Sorry for the bad spelling it should be CHROME lol

Last edited:
I've been using it for months now. Never used firefox but it is much faster than IE. Though, because it is a relatively new browser, it isn't supported fully everywhere on the web.

I saw that Chrome just passed Safari in users. I have been saying forever, google is taking over the world.

I use Chrome and IE7. I quit using Chrome for THP because it seems that some pictures in posts don't show up with that browser. Claire posted something a few weeks ago that I couldn't see but everyone else could. I opened up THP in IE7 and there it was!

I don't think we're allowed to use it...we're behind the times, I can't upgrade to IE8 and we've just been upgraded to Windows 2000!!

I remember back in the day when Firefox didnt work with some websites but now I have no issues. Chrome looks promising but I'll probably wait for a more "polished" Chrome lol

Messing with it here at work a bit and I like how it will show you the most visited sites all on one page and you can click to go to them right there, pretty cool.

I usually don't like being a fanboy but google might make me one. I love gmail, chrome, google docs and the ideas of wave and voice. They also have an OS coming out soon and I want to check out android (currently have an Iphone).

They also are planning on creating a rival to Apple's Itunes.

Maybe not take over the whole world, but close to it!

Im with you, I dont care for fanboyism either, I just like to use what I like or what works but Google just seems to do everything smarter and better. Love Gmail, docs and Chrome is pretty nice. You should check out the Droid its pretty cool. I left my iPhone for it and while I wouldnt call it an iPhone killer its worthy compitition. And I have a ipod touch that I still use for any apps I might want.

You have GOT to be kidding. Upgraded to Windows 2000? For real?

I'm dead serious...well, just my department anyways...we're sooo behind the times!! I was excited to be upgraded to Windows 2000 haa haa :laughing:

You have GOT to be kidding. Upgraded to Windows 2000? For real?

Im not sure that qualifies as an upgrade lol. Wait, what were you using before the "upgrade"? Dont say Win98 or ME...

Chrome is pretty damn quick. I just can't wait until they get most of the bugs out of it and when websites start supporting it more.

You know who's behind Google right???

Dr.%20Evil.jpg

I had trouble watching ESPN 360 video on my Mac with Google Chrome. So I deleted it and went back to Safari.

can't upgrade to IE8/COLOR]

I have IE8 on my computer here at work not sure you would want to upgrade to IE8, has a few quirks IMHO takes some getting use to. We have the choice of reverting back to IE7 I have not some others have I'm just lazy I'll work around the quirks.

On my home PC, I've been using Chrome for several months and love it. I keep IE installed for the rare occasion that Chrome hits a website it has a conflict with.

Im not sure that qualifies as an upgrade lol. Wait, what were you using before the "upgrade"? Dont say Win98 or ME...

It was Win98 :laughing: We're sooo behind and I really don't know why :confused2: A lot of our applications aren't compatible yet with newer versions of Windows haa haa

I saw that Chrome just passed Safari in users. I have been saying forever, google is taking over the world.

Google is quickly and sneakily becoming 'big brother' the more stuff that goes into the cloud the more access they have to it.

I use Firefox and am quite happy with it. Plus there's an upgrade coming in the next month or so

I like all the little things you can add on Firefox. I have all my computers Bookmarks synced, Aniweather for the forecast and the ad blockers. If Chrome could do all that and Im sure it will one day Id probably use it.

I just installed it the other day and it is great!! The layout is nice and simple and good looking. It also doesn't freeze as much as firefox did. Anything is better than IE though.

Re:Google Chrome browser....

you know whats funny is one of my co-workers read that for 2009 firefox had more security issues then IE. I was a bit suprised by that but will not use IE regardless.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

On my home PC, I've been using Chrome for several months and love it. I keep IE installed for the rare occasion that Chrome hits a website it has a conflict with.

This is what I do as well. Its a great browser but there are several sites that it doesnt work on. Such as my schools blackboard site.

Now I'm using Windows and Microsoft 2003 :laughing: Still behind the times though!!

Does Chrome have an AdBlocker plugin yet? I'll switch from FF when they get that. (FF also has a plugin that lets you open an IE tab inside FF for those rare occasions when FF isn't compatible.)

EDIT: Also, have they added a "zoom" function yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back