derelict

In the trees
Reaction score
Handicap
short game
question for the resident pro... through the duration of my swing, what should my wrists be doing??? I am trying to undo a lifetime of baseball swing habits where breaking my wrists on impact = power/distance... but while I realize the golf swing is different, I do not know what my wrists should be doing through the duration of my swing.

I have changed my swing about 3 or 4 times since I started playing a few years ago, but I still have a problem with slicing and inconsistency .. I am convinced part of it is due to how I use my wrists...

Is there a particular part of the swing you are looking at? As a general overview when the left arm (right handed players) is parallel to the ground there should be a 90* angle between the club and left arm. This should be maintained to the top of the back swing. This is also the lag that you are going to try and hold coming down into the ball. At impact the left wrist should be slightly bowed with the right wrist is slightly cupped. I now this is a very basic overview...if you get me more specific areas I will do what I can to help.

Is there a particular part of the swing you are looking at? As a general overview when the left arm (right handed players) is parallel to the ground there should be a 90* angle between the club and left arm. This should be maintained to the top of the back swing. This is also the lag that you are going to try and hold coming down into the ball. At impact the left wrist should be slightly bowed with the right wrist is slightly cupped. I now this is a very basic overview...if you get me more specific areas I will do what I can to help.

What do you think about the swing gloves?

I hate to say it but I am not that familiar with swing gloves. Can you tell me about them or get me a link to check them out?

From what I read and looking at it...it should help with the proper hinge throughout the golf swing. My question is how does it work with the bow and cup moves in the left hand during the swing. If you look at impact on better players the left wrist is acctually bowed a bit at impact. If there is enough play in the glove I think it would be ok. That is about the only real concern I had with it. Otherwise not bad.

From what I read and looking at it...it should help with the proper hinge throughout the golf swing. My question is how does it work with the bow and cup moves in the left hand during the swing. If you look at impact on better players the left wrist is acctually bowed a bit at impact. If there is enough play in the glove I think it would be ok. That is about the only real concern I had with it. Otherwise not bad.

Thank you so much, there actually is some play in the glove so it does allow for the bow.

Back