Callaway x22 tour irons

h2ojon

Reaction score
Handicap
While I have been on here for a while and done a lot of listening and searching I am having a hard time finding any information or reviews on the x22 tour irons. For a long time I was thinking about getting the Mizuno MP 58's but at $1000 for the set vs $600 for the x22's in like new condition on callaway preowned is very inticing. I would just like some more input on these irons. Thanks for any help!!

While I have been on here for a while and done a lot of listening and searching I am having a hard time finding any information or reviews on the x22 tour irons. For a long time I was thinking about getting the Mizuno MP 58's but at $1000 for the set vs $600 for the x22's in like new condition on callaway preowned is very inticing. I would just like some more input on these irons. Thanks for any help!!

The X-22 tours are $600 pre-owned? That seems like a really good deal. I'd hit them quite a bit and make sure you like them before you pick them up.

There are 7 reviews (although they're brief) and 49 questions and answers to most of customer's questions on the callawaygolfpreowned.com site

http://www.callawaygolfpreowned.com/x-22-tour-irons/irons-x-22-tour,default,pd.html#ReviewHeader

I know all about the reviews and the questions on the site. I am just looking for info from people on this site as well before I go and make a purchase. I buy new irons once every 5 years so I dont want to spend the money and then be unhappy. I know that the best way to find out is to hit the clubs but unfortunately here in Wisconsin it can be a little hard at times this time of year. So I am just looking for some other opinions.

It`s always advisable to try before you buy,but I would highly recommend the X22 tour irons.They combine a non glare finish with a players club appearance.They have little offset and although the topline is a little thicker than average for this type of iron it does inspire confidence.No problem with shaping shots and flight control,excellent Project X flighted shaft as standard and added forgiveness with the 360* undercut peripheral weighting.They are cast which helps with resale as they don`t get knocked about like forged irons.I also found they felt great with a powerful flight.All in all a superb iron for the pro to about 12 h`cap.

My friend works at a Pro Shop here in town, and was able to puchase the demo X22 Tours that they carried. He absolutely loves them, and has since sold both his Ping G's and his TM Burner Irons. He had been an adamant Callaway hater up to this point.

$600 does seem like a hell of a deal.

To me Callaway X-22 Tours play very similar to that of the Cleveland CG7 BP Tours. When I tried both, they had similar feel, ball flight, and close in price. My preference led me to looks of the Clevelands and the ridiculous promotion they have going on for the next few days. But both sets are flat out great irons.

Thank you for all of your input. I am going to go to Golf Galaxy this weekend and try out the whole gamut of irons and make my decision. Thanks again

I was torn between the x22 tours and the x forged. Hit them both pretty well, but just loved the looks of the forged so that's what I got.

just make sure you try em first. I did some blind testing a while back at the local range and was handed the X-22....i knew it was a callaway from its shape. But not what type. I hit the thing and Hated it....so much so that after 4 hits i just said "no - hate it" and went to hand it back.

It was then i saw it was the x-22. I had expected this to be a really nice club (i quite like a frind of mines x-20 tours). But it just wasnt.....at least not for me. I found it felt like i was hitting clubs that had been carved from stone.

Other people really love em though, so its all subjective.

Back