2010 Bettindardi BB8 Unboxing

Harry Longshanks

ILikeBigPutts&ICannotLie
Reaction score
I had intended to post these much earlier today, but North Texas ended up having some weather events . . .

Spoiler
photo-18.jpg

this was yesterday:

Spoiler
photo-17.jpg

71° and sunny. Not so much with the sun today.

. . . and we ended up losing out internet connection for several hours, and then off and on since then (including several times when I was in the middle of posting this thread and then POOF!, my work disappeared.)

So without further adieu, here is the unboxing of the 2010 Bettindardi BB8 putter:

100_0208.jpg

100_0209.jpg

100_0211.jpg

100_0212.jpg

100_0213.jpg

100_0214.jpg

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on this one.

Good grief. I was so exhausted last night trying to get those up, that I didn't even notice how bad the photos are.

Santa saw fit to give me a new point & shoot digicam, so I'll take some more photos today and post them if they turn out better. (Not really sure how they could turn out worse.)

EDIT: The first thing I noticed on the new BB series is that Bettinardi has abandoned the Winn AVS (urethane) grip that he used with the Mizuno BC and C series. The 2010 BB series uses a Lamkin rubber grip that reminds me of the Ping Blackout grip. I'm not sure which Lamkin model it is, bit it is a little smaller in diameter than the Winn putter grips, and it has a much tackier feel.

Last edited:
Very nice Harry, that thing looks sweet. That's some green carpet too, lol. Can't wait to here about the putter.

Very sweet putter. The anser style has always fit my eye and of course, the face milling is second to none.

Very nice Harry, that thing looks sweet. That's some green carpet too, lol. Can't wait to here about the putter.

I noticed the carpet too when I was looking at the photos. It looks odd in isolation. The weird thing is, it doesn't look odd at all in the room. In fact, I never even noticed it until the photos.

I will disclose right up front that I am predisposed to like this putter based on it's appearance. I've always loved the Anser 2 style (or "Newport 2" for the Cameronites in our audience), and I've also always liked black nickel finishes - and this one is very dark. Plus, I've always thought Bob Bettinardi mills a fine putter. Of course, when it comes to the review I will leave out my personal biases as much as humanly possible.

As soon as the snow melts (btw, first ever white Christmas Eve in Dallas - we've had flurries before, but this is the first accumulation), I'll be trying it out.

I'll be excited to see your results. Fine looking putter. I'm sure you will give it a fair review.

Congrats on the new putter Harry, enjoy it :D

EDIT: The first thing I noticed on the new BB series is that Bettinardi has abandoned the Winn AVS (urethane) grip that he used with the Mizuno BC and C series. The 2010 BB series uses a Lamkin rubber grip that reminds me of the Ping Blackout grip. I'm not sure which Lamkin model it is, bit it is a little smaller in diameter than the Winn putter grips, and it has a much tackier feel.

When you use your new camera, can you include a shot of the grip? I'm curious on how it looks.

I will disclose right up front that I am predisposed to like this putter based on it's appearance. I've always loved the Anser 2 style (or "Newport 2" for the Cameronites in our audience), and I've also always liked black nickel finishes - and this one is very dark. Plus, I've always thought Bob Bettinardi mills a fine putter. Of course, when it comes to the review I will leave out my personal biases as much as humanly possible.

I too, like black nickel or "smoked" finishes. It might be difficult to capture in a pic, but I'd like to see how dark the finish is, if you're able to capture that. Thanks!

When you use your new camera, can you include a shot of the grip? I'm curious on how it looks.

I too, like black nickel or "smoked" finishes. It might be difficult to capture in a pic, but I'd like to see how dark the finish is, if you're able to capture that. Thanks!

Bonk-

I'll do my best to get photos of both of those things.

New Camera, Better Photos

New Camera, Better Photos

Cavity.jpg

Face.jpg

Sole.jpg

Gripfront.jpg

Gripside.jpg

Those pics are much better, thanks Harry. That putterhead is much darker than I expected - looks nearly black. The milling is flawless - a gorgeous putter, and I'm not a Anser-style putter fan. I'm also not a fan of those grips - it looks cheap IMO. I prefer the soft Winn AVS grips on my putters.

Those pics are much better, thanks Harry. That putterhead is much darker than I expected - looks nearly black. The milling is flawless - a gorgeous putter, and I'm not a Anser-style putter fan. I'm also not a fan of those grips - it looks cheap IMO. I prefer the soft Winn AVS grips on my putters.

It is nearly black Bonk. But not a flat black, or a super shiny either. More like black nickel that is truly black rather than grey.

At first blush, I'm not a fan of the grip either. I've gotten used to the Winn AVS grips that Betti used on his Mizuno putters. But many people like that style, especially since Tiger uses a Ping black out, which is essentially the same grip. It's definitely much tackier than the Winn.

Aah, Harry.....is that a ball mark on the HOSEL in the second picture?:laughing: j/k

Aah, Harry.....is that a ball mark on the HOSEL in the second picture?:laughing: j/k

I wondered about that too. It's weird, because there is nothing actually on the putter. I think it must be a reflection of the light I used.

It is possible. Have you got to roll 'em yet?

It is possible. Have you got to roll 'em yet?

A little. Family obligations and the weather have kept me from a thorough test, but it's a very nice putter. And the appearance is immaculate.

How long are you staying in Texas Harry?

I know the jury is still out on the grip. What are your thoughts on the headcover?
Keeper or replace it?

Back