Cobra AMP CELL Driver & AMP CELL Pro Driver Preview

What is the effect on a stock stiff shaft being cut down one inch? Does it play softer? What about swingweight changes? Also, what is a good high launch shaft for slower swing speeds?

Had great results tonight with the Driver. I changed up my swing to a weaker grip and not swinging so hard on the downswing. Then also I cranked her up to 11.5 and watched her fly. Finally back up to hitting numbers i like down the Fairway. Can't wait to get this guy back out of the bag tomorrow.

What is the effect on a stock stiff shaft being cut down one inch? Does it play softer? What about swingweight changes? Also, what is a good high launch shaft for slower swing speeds?

Mine felt exactly the same when I cut it down, just more controllable. No lost of distance either....

Had this guy back out today and was loving it just like yesterday. Im hoping this winter I can get up to Chicago or somewhere to maybe get a different shaft to maybe help me out some more. Right now I got a stock stiff shaft and my swing speeds are around 90mph. Anyone else have about the same speed, and if so have you used any other shafts?

Haven't played for a couple of weeks but this driver set at 10.5 is really working for me at the range. Hopefully, my good fortune will carry on to the course tomorrow.

Had this guy back out today and was loving it just like yesterday. Im hoping this winter I can get up to Chicago or somewhere to maybe get a different shaft to maybe help me out some more. Right now I got a stock stiff shaft and my swing speeds are around 90mph. Anyone else have about the same speed, and if so have you used any other shafts?

When I first got the Amp Cell my SS was ~ 89-90mph and I had better results with the stock reg shaft. After a few lessons I'm now up to 97-98mph and as a result I'm now playing the stock stiff shaft cut down 1"..

What kind of performance differences are you seeing now?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Lower ball flight and more consistency with no loss of distance (maybe even gained a few yards)..

Lower ball flight and more consistency with no loss of distance (maybe even gained a few yards)..

Thats awesome man...cant beat that!

Thats awesome man...cant beat that!

Yup!

I had to really turn the loft down with the reg shaft, even seeing a high ball flight with it set at 8.5 or 9.5.. Now playing the stiff at 10.5 :D

Going to take the boccieri grip off today and put on the I-line. Seems like I can't feel the club head consistently. Could be an excuse, but going to give it a shot today.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

Great news. I love when adjustments work out for the better.

Today was the best driving day I've had in a while with the amp cell....must be because I've been pondering a new shaft!

Driver still did awesome today. I just got to make sure the face is more square on the down swing. Still living it though.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

This driver is phenomenal. The forgiveness across the face is unparalleled in my experience and it's no slouch when it comes to distance either. This club single handedly (sp?) turns any round into a helluva great time even if I can't hit an iron to save my life.

Didn't let me down again. Weather was cold but good, still hitting straight and decently long. I will forever love this club

My kusala blue has shipped!

Can't wait to try this baby next weekend hopefully....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

My kusala blue has shipped!

Can't wait to try this baby next weekend hopefully....

Oh man you are going to like this! Which weight/flex are you going with?

61 series, S flex (so weight is 59g). Considering 44.5".....I currently hit 45".

Exactly what Im playing. I have mine set up at 46" which has turned out to be a good move for me.

Heres hoping it works for you!

61 series, S flex (so weight is 59g). Considering 44.5".....I currently hit 45".

Let me know how that works. I'm considering something similar

Yes, I'm very much looking forward to it after reading more positive things here and elsewhere. I'll make a write-up here once I install & test...will probably be ~1.5 weeks as I don't think I'll get it until the end of the week, and then I have to have it cut & adapter installed.

Hit my driver pretty well again this weekend. Loving that I can draw it. My fade didn't really work today but straight is good, right?

Amphibians can Tapatalk... Fear the Frog!

Hit my driver pretty well again this weekend. Loving that I can draw it. My fade didn't really work today but straight is good, right?

Amphibians can Tapatalk... Fear the Frog!

Only when your set up for it :)

Back