Are Training Aids really helpful?

lukecha75

Reaction score
Handicap
Hi,

I am just wondering if you use any training aid(s) in the range on a regular basis. I saw several people use alignment sticks and somebody use a sponge ball between their arms. How about you? and yours are really helpful?

In addition, I am kinda new to golf this year and I really want to kill my overswing but it was really hard for me. I saw the aid called "swingyde" and I thought it could kill my overswing. anybody having experience with this?

Thanks!

Welcome to this wonderful game of golf. We have tested lots of swing aids and the only one that seemed to work as advertised or better consistently was this one.

The Hackers Paradise Perfect Release Review

There are many out there that work okay and some that work great for some people. But this one worked for everybody that tried it just about including our THP Pro.

Wow, Thank you very much, JB. This is exactly what I am looking for!
I'll definitely try this. may looks fun though:).

Hi,

I am just wondering if you use any training aid(s) in the range on a regular basis. I saw several people use alignment sticks and somebody use a sponge ball between their arms. How about you? and yours are really helpful?

In addition, I am kinda new to golf this year and I really want to kill my overswing but it was really hard for me. I saw the aid called "swingyde" and I thought it could kill my overswing. anybody having experience with this?

Thanks!

The only one I have had some success with is called the Tour Striker.

I've seen a few people who use 2 clubs on the ground to form a "T". What is the purpose and how does it work? :confused2:

I've seen a few people who use 2 clubs on the ground to form a "T". What is the purpose and how does it work? :confused2:

2 purposes. 1 to help them align properly to the target. That club is the top of the T. The second purpose is to see where the ball is in relationship to your stance, better known as ball position. For me, I use the T because I tend to put the ball too far back in my stance. The T prevents that.

I use two metal yard sticks when practicing on the driving range. The numbers on the yard sticks make great reference points as far alignment, ball placement, and/or foot positions. With a little imagination you can also give yourself a template on the ground of an in to out swing. I can also use them on the putting green for aim, and alignment. Plus they easily fit in my bag. I use the metal ones because they don't soak up any moisture from the turf, and won't warp out of shape. Only thing I did was drill an extra hole in the other end. That way I can put a tee in each end to hold them in place. Total cost for the two is about $6. That's about all I use, since alignment, and ball position are my biggest problems.

The only one I have had some success with is called the Tour Striker.

I checked out the video and this is a very interesting club. Making a divot like a pro:act-up:!

Back