Alpha

Reaction score
Handicap
ive been playing around with a used monza corza belly putter long enough to want a new belly putter. my question, face balanced, center shafted, mallet, what brand? any opionions would be appreciated, there is not very many people playing them around here or many in stock at golf shops ( maybe why people dont use them) the belly putter solves the problem of shaky hands. im just looking for info. on the best product to use as i just kinda ended up with the one i have, i do better with it than my 2 ball blade 34" but always looking for better!

Ive been messing around with a Seemore Mfgp2 center shafted belly putter at the golf shop by my house. I have yet to putt with a belly putter on a real green but they always feel so right in the stores. I think I am going to pull the trigger after the new year.
The Rife 2bar hybrid belly putter rolls nice too.

ive been playing around with a used monza corza belly putter long enough to want a new belly putter. my question, face balanced, center shafted, mallet, what brand? any opionions would be appreciated, there is not very many people playing them around here or many in stock at golf shops ( maybe why people dont use them) the belly putter solves the problem of shaky hands. im just looking for info. on the best product to use as i just kinda ended up with the one i have, i do better with it than my 2 ball blade 34" but always looking for better!

I wouldn't use one if you paid me, and I know a lot of guys who feel the same way about it. Maybe that's why you don't see very many of them. :confused2:

I wouldn't use one if you paid me, and I know a lot of guys who feel the same way about it. Maybe that's why you don't see very many of them. :confused2:

I'd have to agree with Fourputt on not taking a liking to the belly putters, but the suggested belly putter above is a good go if your looking into getting one

I am tinkering with one now. They really do keep my hands still. Been using the Spider.

Been using the Spider.
Taylormade seems to be the most common belly putter around here. I see belly putters a lot at private courses.

i would love to not use one, but with nerve damage and shaky hands i still have a pretty good game. i believe this option may help me lower my hcp or keep it the same if condition gets worse. thanks

I use the Rife belly putter. I previously used the Spider. I liked the Spider but I had trouble aiming properly. It was a little bulky.

I love the belly putter. Keeps my hands very quiet and I don't need to worry about the path of the clubhead because the shaft is attached to me. I get some comments from other guys but that usually stops after the first hole.

Odyssey XG Whitehot #7

Odyssey XG Whitehot #7

I have a belly putter that I go to from time to time. It works really well for periods and then I go back to my Never Compromise 34 inch Voodoo Daddy. My Odyssey is a 46 inch putter so it actually goes above my belly a bit. The #7 really sets up square and rolls the ball quite well. It works good on the longer putts too which are generally harder to gage with a longer putter. The grip on this putter feels really good. Good luck with your search.

I'm heard similar comments on the course. Is there a stigma attached to using belly putters?

I'm heard similar comments on the course. Is there a stigma attached to using belly putters?

Yes, it brings attention to our waist area.

I've never tried a belly putter, but I would if I had the chance to. If it helped, then I would probably buy one.

I have an Oddessey two ball belly putter that I only got about mid season this year so i am still working on my set up with, but when I am on then it seems like it all goes in the hole or close to it.

Yes, it brings attention to our waist area.

The stigma surrounding belly and chest putters is that they're for old fat guys who can't bend over enough to use a 'proper' putter.

I used to use a belly putter, I made a mess with it, and went back to a 33". If it works for ya, run with it...

Some people feel very strongly that they should never have been approved for use. By allowing a fixed pivot point, it offers a more simplistic approach than the traditional golf stroke. It is thought in those circles that it goes too far in reducing the skill which should be needed to make a good putting stroke, because it can turn a bad putter into an average or better putter almost overnight.

mchepp said:
Keeps my hands very quiet and I don't need to worry about the path of the clubhead because the shaft is attached to me.

This quote just emphasizes what the naysayers use as justification for their views. Seems to me that if a player can chip and pitch the ball with a normal length club, then he ought to be able to putt with a normal putter. I find chipping to be infinitely more difficult than putting.

Personally I just don't like them. Tried one for about a half dozen strokes one time and gave it back to its owner and never looked at one again. I'm a better putter than most players I know anyway... don't need to buy a fix for that part of my game. If someone came up with a belly driver (that actually worked :rolleyes:), that might be something I'd try. But that would be illegal, since by rule drivers can't be longer than 48".

To each his own. :confused2:

All my putters are belly putters these days, even at 34". :laughing:

hfm.jpg

This quote just emphasizes what the naysayers use as justification for their views. Seems to me that if a player can chip and pitch the ball with a normal length club, then he ought to be able to putt with a normal putter. I find chipping to be infinitely more difficult than putting.

I have heard it all before. Including one other golf forum owner have rants daily about how it is cheating. Here is my thoughts. It is available for anybody that wants to use it. No different than any other technology. However if someone chooses not to use it, than that is their choice and should not look down at others that do. Just my 2 cents. Not a rant on you fourputt at all.

I have never used one until the last couple of weeks. Not sure I will stick with it, but I do like the feel of the putting stroke better. As for me, Fourputt, I find pitching to be much easier on the hands than that of putting.

Last edited:
I hope I never have the need to use one because Im just not a fan at all. Just doesnt seem or look right.

I have heard it all before. Including one other golf forum owner have rants daily about how it is cheating. Here is my thoughts. It is available for anybody that wants to use it. No different than any other technology. However if someone chooses not to use it, than that is their choice and should not look down at others that do. Just my 2 cents. Not a rant on you fourputt at all.

I have never used one until the last couple of weeks. Not sure I will stick with it, but I do like the feel of the putting stroke better. As for me, Fourputt, I find pitching to be much easier on the hands than that of putting.

There are some people rather high up in the ruling bodies who are very down on the concept of long handled putters too. As I understand it, there were some very heated discussions over the issue when the broomsticks first showed up, and the ultimate approval of them was far from unanimous. It's the sort of issue which could one day see a similar treatment as the wedge groove is seeing today. Not trying to start any rumors, as I haven't heard or read anything about that. I just know that there is still dissatisfaction within the ranks over it. Of course, those same people aren't fans of the 460 driver, or SGI irons, etc. :rolleyes:

because it can turn a bad putter into an average or better putter almost overnight.

I am not sure I agree with this comment here. I have never seen a bad putter convert overnight thru using a belly putter. Take Sergio as an example. You might even argue his scoring average is better with the standard length putter.

If it is cheating and it worked so much better wouldn't the belly putters have such a huge advantage over the standard putters? Does anybody see that? I sure don't. I think it might add an advantage on shorter putts, like 3-5 feet but I find that it is a bit of a disadvantage on putts of longer length like 50-60 feet. And the advantage is extremely small at best.

Putting is so much about confidence and that is personal so I do agree that it is different to different people.

I have heard it all before. Including one other golf forum owner have rants daily about how it is cheating. Here is my thoughts. It is available for anybody that wants to use it. No different than any other technology.

True, but your argument is after the fact.

I don't think that belly putters should have been allowed in the first place. The simple reason is that I don't believe that any golf club should be "anchored" to one's body to provide a pivot point from which to swing the club.

No other golf club is used in such a way and I don't think that a putter should have any special exemption in that regard.

-JP

True, but your argument is after the fact.

I don't think that belly putters should have been allowed in the first place. The simple reason is that I don't believe that any golf club should be "anchored" to one's body to provide a pivot point from which to swing the club.

No other golf club is used in such a way and I don't think that a putter should have any special exemption in that regard.

-JP

But they are allowed, hence my statement. I dont think they should have allowed a lot of the things they do. But they are legal and people can choose to use them if they would like to.

I don't have a problem with folks putting with these longer putter. I have one that I don't use, but would if I could putt better with it. What I think should not be allowed is for these longer putters to be used as "club length" drop measurements. Especially those that anchor under the chin. Of course rules are rules, so what is allowed is allowed.

Give me a 15 club rule!!!!:angry:

What I think should not be allowed is for these longer putters to be used as "club length" drop measurements. Especially those that anchor under the chin. Of course rules are rules, so what is allowed is allowed.

Give me a 15 club rule!!!!

This I agree with absolutely. There should be a maximum actual dimension for a "clublength" under the rules for measuring. I'd be ok with using the 48" limit for a driver as the limit for measurement too. That would at least keep all of us within just a few inches for taking relief. This is one area where a player could derive a big advantage over the player who uses a more traditional club. All it would take is to remove any putter from consideration as a measuring club. That would be easily workable and a fairer rule too. In my humble opinion. :confused2:

However, the 14 club limit is fine. In reality, it really isn't that difficult to play with far fewer than 14. :D

Back