Things that make you go hmmmm!

C-Tech

Reaction score
Handicap
So I'm watching a commercial on TNT where they are touting their intent to play several "timeless classic" movies during the holiday season.

The movies were "The Wizard of Oz", Beb Hur", and........???"Moonstruck"????

Is it just me? Would "Moonstruck" be on your list of timeless classics right after the first two?

Things that make you go hmmm!

Only if Cher exploded. For real. I could watch that over and over.

Kevin

And how about the lyrics to that timeless classic lovesong that opens it--

"When the moon hits your eye like a big pizza pie, that's Amore!"

If that doesn't make a girl's heart go pitter-patter.

If Dean Martin sings it....

Kevin

When you feel a rub on your thigh,
as you go swimming by...
that's a moray....

Is it just me? Would "Moonstruck" be on your list of timeless classics right after the first two?

Things that make you go hmmm!

C-Tech - Half of the guys here would say Star Wars is a classic and you're asking them?

Star Wars IS a classic...:alien2:

C-Tech - Half of the guys here would say Star Wars is a classic and you're asking them?

Heck, half the guys around here are too young to have seen Star Wars in a movie theatre. Their idea of "classic" is pre-Pixar.

Heck, half the guys around here are too young to have seen Star Wars in a movie theatre. Their idea of "classic" is pre-Pixar.

I saw it the day it came out. I was 16.

Kevin

Star Wars IS a classic...:alien2:

I totally agree! Along with Die Hard and anything where Mel Gibson plays a crazy guy! All Classics!

Of course, my main requirements in movies are that someone dies violently or gets totally nekkid within the first 15 minutes.

I'll have you know, I took my kids to see it when it came out in theatres. I didn't miss the start of "talkies" by much.:D

When you feel a rub on your thigh,
as you go swimming by...
that's a moray....

Ahhh.... speak not of what ye know not. :D

Touching the skin of a moray eel is like handling the finest silk. Soft, smooth and no sensation of sliminess. They are amazing creatures, and in places where divers go regularly can become quite inquisitive. I've had a 4-5 foot green moray eel weave around over and under my arms and legs as it checked me out. Truly, an incredible experience, one of many memorable underwater encounters with marine critters. :thumb:

Touching the skin of a moray eel is like handling the finest silk. Soft, smooth and no sensation of sliminess. They are amazing creatures, and in places where divers go regularly can become quite inquisitive. I've had a 4-5 foot green moray eel weave around over and under my arms and legs as it checked me out. Truly, an incredible experience, one of many memorable underwater encounters with marine critters. :thumb:

That's all well and good for you, but it's not who what I want brushing up against my thigh.

Well, I think it sounds like a cool experience as long as I can remove the sexual overtones from it. :D

That's all well and good for you, but it's not who what I want brushing up against my thigh.

I'd have said the the same thing 25 years ago, before I started diving. Many of the up close experiences I've had with marine animals absolutely trump anything I've experienced on land. I've swum with a 40 foot whale shark, looked it in the eye from just a foot away. I've been within 15 feet of a 10 foot hammerhead shark while dozens of other ones schooled around us. I've tickled the belly of a 60-70 pound Nassau grouper, just as if it was a big puppy. I've been "it" in a game of tag with 3 juvenile (they were still bigger than my 290 lbs) sea lions. I've been in the water in the middle of a mixed pod of dolphins and pilot whales.

The underwater world is an amazing and very friendly place, contrary to popular Hollywood myth.

For example, this Blue Ring Octopus that my wife found when we were in the Philippines. It's smaller than your hand, but don't touch... very poisonous:

BLUERING3cropenhance.jpg

Last edited:
Of course, my main requirements in movies are that someone dies violently or gets totally nekkid within the first 15 minutes.

Definitely! Terminator 1! A classic! :D

do not forget Gone with the Wind. Yes, It is a total chick flick, but the historical significance of it (the film itself, not the subject of the film) auto matically makes it a classic in my book.

do not forget Gone with the Wind. Yes, It is a total chick flick, but the historical significance of it (the film itself, not the subject of the film) auto matically makes it a classic in my book.

It's not a total chick flick - there is war, death and the burning of Atlanta in there too.

Back