What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't play without stuff hanging over my head! But with all that celebrity and things! Seems very difficult. I'd still like to try though!

They have a signs every where you walk that say no digital devices. No phones, cameras.... I would of if I could but I did grab a ton of the ball markers.

Old school, but I wonder if the course would have allowed one of these?

11971_1202287905.jpg

I almost shot the plow driver for plowing my driveway under after I spent 2+ hours digging out of 24" of snow this weekend. Worst winter storm here in December here Philly in Philly the last 100 yrs. :angry:

I did not play the 18 hole course because I was hitting some new irons and drivers on the range.

We have a 3 hole par 3 course that is part of the short game range. I shot a 9. Hit every green in regulation and two putted every shot.

A note on the weather. It was upper 50's, breezy and I had to wear long pants, sleeves and my knit cap. Not a flurry in sight!

great day to play today...
shot 8 over...
driver really let me down today... didnt get any past 200...
4w bailed me out a few times but not enough...
chipping was a task but had at least one great one...
putting was a complete mystery... ball was breaking the wrong way on a few of them... i could swear some broke uphill :(

84 today. Played decently, just didn't make any putts.

Played River Oaks with Pops today shot a 43. That's solid considering I haven't played in a month. It was pretty fun as a half round of golf should be!

Niblick to the rescue

Niblick to the rescue

I shot way below my handicap today..... 40 on the front and 33 on the back.... My putting and chipping were above my average to say the least.. I played with three single digit handicappers.. The club champ picked me as his partner today (lucky me) and we whupped up on some really good players. This was my Christmas Present... It was soooo much fun to hit the ball this solid and putt great for a change... Whoop Pee!!!!!! Why can't we play like this day in and day out ???? Today made an older man feel pretty good.... Georgia weather was great too :eek:)

Been having a ton of problems with my short game (130yds and closer) so today I went to a local par 3 course after work and played a quick 9 and shot 2 over. It all came together for me today and it felt good. I only used my two niblicks and a putter for the entire round and I am happy to say all were working like I expected them to. Now hopefully this weekend I will continue with the same success :blob::blob::blob::blob::blob:

Impressive. I hope the weekend round is equally successful.

You and me both, I amnot expecting 2 over for the round this weekend but a round of bogey golf would be nice.

Was pretty nice out yesterday, shot an 83 at the woodlands... driving was awful as usual but putter was on FIRE! Had 13 putts on the front 9 including a 40 footer for par after having to punch my tee shot out of the woods.

played 27 today shoulda played 36...
shot an 88 on the first go round... lolz...
shot 3 over for a 39 on the other 9...
weather was perfect... sunny 43* occasional breeze...
driving was much better than yesterday... but had the pulls...
approach shots were on and off...
chipping was really inconsistent... half the chip shots were right on the money... others were just plain shanks...
putting was once again very strange... dropped some long ones and lipped some short ones...
didnt lose a ball on the first 18... but lost 2 on the other 9 but still managed to walk away with a decent score

Shot 40 on the front after starting with a triple on the 1st hole. Then 38 on the back. 7 pars and 2 bogeys.

Shot the most beautiful 101 I ever played the other day. I swear, I hit more really good shots in all phases of the game in this round than I can ever remember hitting in a single round, but the problem was that all those really good shots were surrounded by total crap shots, also in all phases of the game. I really felt like I had a pretty decent round until I added up my score. I thought my math was wrong, and I added them up again. Yup, that's 101. I had a really good time, but had no idea that my round was THAT bad until it was done. Looking back at the good shots on the day, I kind of expected to be looking at low 90's, not a 101. I really felt like I played better than my score indicated. I guess that's just golf.:confused2:

An awful 86 today. 43 and 43. Extremely windy and my swing was just not there. The worst part was I was putting lights out to even get to the 86.

shot another frikken 88... unbelievable...
everything was 20yrds + short... i mean everything...
driver... i thought i hit a few as pure as i can possibly hit it but they barely carried 200
approach shots... my aim was as good as any day i can remember... from behind the ball i thought i was pin seeking... straight at the flags... but every single one of them fell short
chipping... as k.erdman once said... "wow"... i couldnt get up an down at all today
putting... this was my only strength besides short dead aim... lags left me alot of tap ins (mostly for bogey)... reads were money... speeds were great... no 3 putts

Once again it was the tale of two 9s. Shot 45 on the front 9 with 9 bogeys. Then on the back shot 36 with 4 birdies and 2 doubles and 3 pars.

I thought you were coming here to shovel my snow and I was going to golf today? I was waiting for you to show! :confused2:

Sorry Smalls. Couldn't do it.

Played 18 at Cardinal with all my new stuff yesterday. Shot 40/43 for an 83. Opened up with a few bogies then went on a nice 5 par in a row streak. I tried out a new driver swing today to take my arms almost completely out of the swing to try and eliminate my slice, and it worked! I was also hitting the ball farther than i normally do and with a much lower trajectory, I loved it. Only lost one or two right when I tried to put some power into it. Irons were just not there or I would've had a shot at a round below 80. Had 6 up and downs which was real nice, putter treated me great on the front then bad on the back. It was about 60 degrees and still when I started, but must have been 40 and windy when I finished.

Saturday 12/26 Gordon Lakes Island/Pine 6500 yds Sloppy track after heavy rains Friday
Cold! 34 F at 0916 tee time warming to mid 40s, cloudy

1 par 4 4
2 par 4 5
3 par 4 4
4 par 4 4
5 par 4 4
6 par 3 3
7 par 5 6
8 par 3 2
9 par 5 4

10 par 4 4
11 par 4 5
12 par 5 5
13 par 3 4
14 par 4 5
15 par 3 4
16 par 5 5
17 par 4 4
18 par 4 4

Score 36/40-76 (+4)

Games:

Big Game $11 ante (7 players)
Individual points - tied for best at +4 - won $15
Skins - both birdies are skins - won $14
Par 3 Close-ups - hit to 5 feet at #8 - won $2
Total winnings - $31 Net winnings - $20

Group game - $1 Nassau round-robin
Winnings - $1

Individual match w/ the Marine (who shot 40/35-75)
I win front 3 up/1 up - 2 bets
He wins back 5 up/Even - 1 bet
He wins overall 2 up/Even - 1 bet
Round total - Even

A cold start, but no frost delay. I break out the clubs for the 1st time in 4 weeks, and on the range it feels like I never swung before. Once on the course I quickly determined I had to hit 1-2 extra clubs, and after a few holes I loosen up and the swing feels pretty normal. I really let a great opportunity for a nice score get away - I hit 14 greens and am never in serious trouble, but the putter just lets me down repeatedly on the back 9. At #12, I miss a 6 footer uphill for birdie, then 3 putt the next two missing par putts under 3 feet. After reaching the front fringe in 2 on par 5 #16, I took 3 to get in, and the capper came at #17, where I spun a SW to less than 3 feet only to misread and miss. All in all, though, it was great to get out and play and after a month away 76 was a decent effort.

Last edited:
Dec 20

Worn out and tired today…woke up with a cold and just felt dead…but I wanted to play anyway…

Practiced yesterday for nearly three hours and the swing was ok today, but was a little stiff from all the swings…driver was all over the course like a drunk, but irons were good and I managed to save a number of times…was particularly short today though…all the movements were there, but the club just felt heavy and while I was making good contact the ball went nowhere…oh well, I just clubbed up…

I still feel like something is missing in the new swing I’m developing…when I had my lesson it was there and I continued to practice after the lesson building on that feel…first half of the round I was cutting across a little and couldn’t figure out why,,,straightened that out and played pretty good the rest of the way in though I still ddin’t have the pop in my swing…missed a few short today despite clubbing up…all told it was an average day leaning to the good side, but I’m getting tired of being stuck on this hump…

I joined a group for the last hole, a par 5…predictably I hooked my tee shot which was my miss all day, and blundered my way down the course for a double…I really am terrible when I play with other people…I play alone so much that when I do join others anymore I get the same tense rushed feeling like when you’re in a single urinal bathroom trying to take care of business and someone keeps pounding on the door…I don’t even like my caddy to pay too close attention when I’m over the ball…

New year’s resolution: play with other people more often…

7/11 fairways, 8 gir, 22 putts, 2 birdies, +2 for 14 holes…

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back