A little difference? TM Burner Iron

thedue

Another Day in Paradise
Reaction score
Handicap
Just a few pic's to show the difference between the 09 Burners and my Old Lynx Parallax Irons. Much larger head, longer shaft by about an inch, thicker sole and topline. I got to hit the 6 and 7 irons today, along side the same in my Lynx and it was a hugh difference. Distance was an easy 15 yards longer with the Burners, sometimes much more. I can't say they felt as nice, a bit on the clunky side, however that may have been due to the longer wider shafts. A fitting should help that a bunch.

The thing that got me was I taped these up and started out hitting on the toe, while I was pretty much smoothing my Lynx from being used to them. I still had a nice straight ball flight, if anything it was slightly left of center and long. Pretty un-real for me to hit a 7 iron 170 and up consistently.

P1010787.jpg

P1010781.jpg

P1010785.jpg

Congrats Due. Once you get used to them, you will really like what you have going on there.

TM Burners are very handsome clubs. Congrats on your new sticks!

Nice pics.

Most likely getting these aswell come spring. I'd planned to get 4-GW, but lately I've been considering including the 3i. I see from your sig that you did. I'd love to be able to skip the hybrids alltogether and just pack a couple of woods.

Anyone here actually play the Burner 3i? Thoughts?

That looks to be a pretty big difference Duey. I agree with JB, that once you get use to the Burners, you'll probably be extremely pleased. I noticed a similar thing between my TM 360's and the Burners, but it wasn't quite as big a difference as your Lynx.

I agree, you will love the Burners. They are some really sweet irons!

Thanks for sharing some pics Due. With all you guys out there currently playing the Burner perhaps i have a shot at picking these up in the next contest. Can't wait to hear how they perform on the course for you.

btw, i checked the mail today and noticed that your E6's hadn't shown up yet? only 5 days til xmas, just didn't want you to forget.

Nice pictures! Good looking clubs, especially the Lynx! I made a similar change late this year, changing from some old Wilson sets to a set manufactured in this millenium. When I look at my new bag (contents), I still look at it in disbelief, seeing the 8 new enormous contraptions stick out of it.

I like my new irons, especially from the fairway (not so much off the tee). They still surprise me occasionally, when they produce decent shot height and distance on mishits. And they dig in less rapidly on fat shots, which is saving me strokes. They don't feel as good as the older, smaller clubs though: If you want to like the new irons, I would say judge them by the shot results, not the feel.

Thanks guys, I thought it was pretty interesting to see the size difference. I hit on the machine at Golf USA. I changed early in the year from a sweeping swing to ball first and a small divot trying to compress the ball more effectively. It was relatively easy to do with the small Lynx, sort of like pinpoint accuracy, but these are a different animal.

Completely different feeling in the hands. You certainly know it when missing the sweet spot, but they held the line well. It was shocking to see the distance readings when I'd hit the Lynx 4 or 5 times, then switch to the Burner.

Carsten, Im glad I went with the 3 because I hope to go with te Cleveland wedges.
I've not forgotten TC, we have a deal buddy! I hope the e6's show soon so I can post some pic's.

P1010774.jpg

P1010777.jpg

Nice pictures! Good looking clubs, especially the Lynx! I made a similar change late this year, changing from some old Wilson sets to a set manufactured in this millenium. When I look at my new bag (contents), I still look at it in disbelief, seeing the 8 new enormous contraptions stick out of it.

I like my new irons, especially from the fairway (not so much off the tee). They still surprise me occasionally, when they produce decent shot height and distance on mishits. And they dig in less rapidly on fat shots, which is saving me strokes. They don't feel as good as the older, smaller clubs though: If you want to like the new irons, I would say judge them by the shot results, not the feel.

I bet your righ V3. Too bad the grounds still covered with snow. I'd like to see how these fly off real turf.

I like those Burners. Nice clubs and great pics duey.

I am surprised you jumped from such a small head to a big head like that. How much does it screw with your eye currently? From the pictures they look twice the size. :)

I am surprised you jumped from such a small head to a big head like that. How much does it screw with your eye currently? From the pictures they look twice the size. :)

They feel wierd as he#@ so far, but I'll give them a try. Just about anything I get will be larger than what I had from 20 years ago. My guess is that I'll get used to them once I can hit the range, if not I'll be shopping on the lines of a blade style and see where that takes me. I have all winter, lol.

They feel wierd as he#@ so far, but I'll give them a try. Just about anything I get will be larger than what I had from 20 years ago. My guess is that I'll get used to them once I can hit the range, if not I'll be shopping on the lines of a blade style and see where that takes me. I have all winter, lol.

We just got my friend to upgrade from some Ping Karsten 1a I think they were, very old irons. He couldn't get used to the larger heads of the TM or Callaway, so he ended up getting some Hogans that had a similar sized head.

I can't help but think that with a little time and a few rounds of golf under your belt with the new sticks that you will not be regretting your decision. I'm sure the burners look a lot different at set up compared to what you've been used to but surely the distance and forgiveness will offset all that.

At some point I'm sure you once said the same thing about drivers. Drivers these days look like a VW on the end of the stick but you wouldn't dare not use one b/c of the benefits and i'm sure that will be the same case with your irons. Results are what matters most and when you scores are decreasing it will be hard to imagine going back to less offset and thinner top lines.

Well, we're officially snowed in and the family is suffering from cabin fever. I'm sure we didn't get as much snow as a lot of you are used to but our DOT isn't out scraping the roads either. Looks like me and Foster are gonna watch football all afternoon...........sweet!

"At some point I'm sure you once said the same thing about drivers. Drivers these days look like a VW on the end of the stick"

Here you go TC, hope the pic's come out. Here's your VW on a stick, lol.

P1010791.jpg

P1010794.jpg

That's what i'm talkin about! See, i bet you wouldn't dare go back to that old laminated maple, and i'm sure it'll be the same once you start ripping them down the fairway with those burners.

Can't wait to keep up with your progress with those irons. They sure are purdy!

You can go ahead and keep all those E6's, just hook a brother up when you win the burner iron contest (seems like you won't need them).

The small silver one here is actually a driver, lol. Seem's hard to believe, but up until 10 years ago that is what I used and loved it! I still get it out once in a while. Hit that dude on the screws it'll go as far as anything else, but good luck finding the sweet spot, lol.

We'll be making it to SE Kansas next weekend and if the weather looks good I'll be taking my clubs. The don't have the snow, but should be pretty cold.

nice clubs

Very nice.

Back