The official Banter Away Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I don't get the headline thread derailed and get yelled at

" "insert any large corporation here" would like to wish you a merry Christmas"

" "insert any large corporation here" would like to wish you a happy Hanukkah"

" "insert any large corporation here" would like to wish you a happy Kwanzaa"

" "insert any large corporation here" would like to wish you a happy insert holiday celebrated this time of year"

Any of those would suffice...

I think its sad people/business now have to be weary of saying these things...

I love the people that are offended by the mention of these holidays specifically Christmas but enjoy the time off they recieve. How many of them get offended by the cashier at a retail store making minimum wage saying "Have a Merry Christmas" but then don't complain that they get the day off. While I worked for Sears during Christmas time I would tell people to have a Merry Christmas. I never once had someone say anything to me but had many people thank me for saying that instead of Happy Holidays.

That's sweet Gasman. Superman creeps me out. Would you punch him too?

It's the tights, isn't it?

EDIT: I leave for a few days and when I come back, Diane and Claire are de-pantsing G-Man.

Last edited:
It's the tights, isn't it?

EDIT: I leave for a few days and when I come back, Diane and Claire are de-pantsing G-Man.

They were scary and intimidating while you were gone, Mr. Longshanks.

Kevin

Kevin

Telling tales out of school again Kevin?

Telling tales out of school again Kevin?

Stop scaring me!

On another note, how many dozen cookies did you bake, and what's your favorite?

Kevin

Kevin

And if you were like me, you loved every minute of it.

Hooray for girlies!

Stop scaring me!

On another note, how many dozen cookies did you bake, and what's your favorite?

Kevin

I think Claire is scarier than I am.

2 dozen yesterday and I plan to bake 4 dozen today - a trio of shortbread - ginger, maple and vanilla. The ginger is my favorite. I'm going for easy this year.

A simple cookie can't be beat. Have you seen the commercials for the Big Top Cupcake? 25x larger than a standard cupcake. My feeling is a giant cupcake is just a cake.

Kevin

A simple cookie can't be beat. Have you seen the commercials for the Big Top Cupcake? 25x larger than a standard cupcake. My feeling is a giant cupcake is just a cake.

Kevin

I've seen it and agree. Part of the allure of a cupcake is the size.

And your point is?

Kevin

I don't know how the inside of that gets baked through without overcooking the outside.

It's a very exclusive club though. Has Harry been properly vetted?

Nope, though he may have no clue what's going on. He usually doesn't.

What in the world are you people talking about?

Are you boycotting because of the meatloaf?

I can totally understand anyone boycotting anything to do with meatloaf. As it happens, that was what was on the menu tonight and I took a small piece which I then threw away so as not to be rude. Yuck!

Are you boycotting because of the meatloaf?

I can totally understand anyone boycotting anything to do with meatloaf. As it happens, that was what was on the menu tonight and I took a small piece which I then threw away so as not to be rude. Yuck!

It's.a.LOAF.of.meat.

Meat should never be in LOAF form.

And I still have no idea what you guys are talking about Diane. I'm about 200 threads behind on my reading. Seriously, 200 threads with unread posts in them.

It's.a.LOAF.of.meat.

Meat should never be in LOAF form.

And I still have no idea what you guys are talking about Diane. I'm about 200 threads behind on my reading. Seriously, 200 threads with unread posts in them.

Well that's easy--just search for where I've posted. :angel: And check out the newest social group.

Yeah because throwing your food away is never rude.

Do what I do - mark everything as read and then you start at zero.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back