ILikeBigPutts&ICannotLie
Reaction score
I am officially a member.

product-hero-3g-8gb.jpg

iPhone 3GS, 16GB

I am SO getting a tattoo:

63-Apple%20Logo%20Black.jpg

Spoiler
I'm getting it on my calf so everyone at the PGA show can see it when I'm wearing my jorts.

Any specific reason why this over Blackberry?

(I'd like to compare Blackberry cause they seem to be the #2 competition right?)

Here is the big comparison. Iphone handles the web better and has better multimedia. BB handles email FAR better.

What in the name of Hades are you two doing up???

I'm used to West Coast time, but it's LATE for you guys.

Any suggestions on the best case for an iPhone?

I'm looking for something that won't bulk it up too much (i.e., if I thought I could keep from dropping it or scratching the screen, I wouldn't use a case at all), but will still add some protection.

Any iPhone users know of the best app for pushing through gmail? I set up my most active gmail account with Google sync, so the emails are instant. But Ihave another gmail account and it can take up to 15 minutes for those emails to come through. I'd just set it up as another sync account, but the iPhone only allows 1 Exchange ActiveSync account.

My THP email pushes right through instantly, so that's cool.

Here is the big comparison. Iphone handles the web better and has better multimedia. BB handles email FAR better.

JB hit the nail on the head with the comparison. I have the BB Curve (newer BB may be better) and it sucks at web, but much better at email and texting over the iphone for me. I have larger fingers and couldn't type a text/email out on the iphone to save my life. I do a lot of texting and email everyday on it when I am out in the field. I prefer the buttons on the BB. My wife has the iphone and little fingers and types them out pretty quick.

The folks in my office are divided when it comes to the iphone or bb. The results tell you pretty much exactly what you guys are talking about: those who spend most of their time in the field have a bb and those who are mostly in the office have iphones. I've had both and am a bb guy. The apps on the iphone are fantastic and when i get promoted to an in house gig i'll probably switch back to the iphone.

Around here, Verizon rules the airwaves, and iPhone doesn't do Verizon. So there isn't even a horserace. Plus I use the BB almost exclusively for email; I'm pretty much on call if I'm awake.

I've been using Mac's since 1984. Any of you remember the Superbowl ad back then...one of the all time greats.

I remember it. No one really knew what it was for.

Any specific reason why this over Blackberry?

(I'd like to compare Blackberry cause they seem to be the #2 competition right?)
Actually, if you go by sales, Blackberry is #1. Im thinking that is simply because the BB is availale on more carriers.
Im sure if the iPhone were available on all carriers it would be #1 in sales. It seems like everyone thinks that any Apple is always the best.

Actually, if you go by sales, Blackberry is #1. Im thinking that is simply because the BB is availale on more carriers.
Im sure if the iPhone were available on all carriers it would be #1 in sales. It seems like everyone thinks that any Apple is always the best.

That and the fact that they have almost 8 times the models available. Windows Mobile has more than both I believe, but suffers from so many issues.

The other day I was listening to NPR while driving home and they were talking about how a lot of people are hoping that the iPhone will someday be available as a multinetwork phone, but that a lot of experts dont think it will be.
People love their iPhone, but AT&T's network isnt the best.
Thats why I think its great their there are more phones out there that do everything that the iPhone does. Its going to give people all the functionality of an iPhone, but many more options in terms of which provider they can use.

I have heard that if AT&T doesn't get its act together on broadening the 3G network, Apple is going to give the iPhone to Verizon also. Should happen sometime next year. Apple has not been happy with the network AT&T has been really slow to develop.

Lets not forget that VZW turned the IPhone down the 1st time around.

I have heard that if AT&T doesn't get its act together on broadening the 3G network, Apple is going to give the iPhone to Verizon also. Should happen sometime next year. Apple has not been happy with the network AT&T has been really slow to develop.
In the end its going to come all down to $$$.

Back