Your swing is reminiscent of . . .

interlooper

Wishing I was golfing now
Reaction score
Handicap
The mechanics of the swing is a science; the execution of the swing is an art. Like snowballs, no two swings are exactly alike. But just as all impressionists are similar in some fashion to Monet, our swings are likely similar in some fashion to some of the swings of the recognizable faces in golf today.

While I would like to claim that my swing has the beauty and smoothness of Adam Scott's, my swing is much closer in resemblance to that of Simon Dyson's (i.e. a bit more upright, even with the short irons, and a slight but noticeable move off the balls of my feet at the start of the backswing). Though my finish is a little higher than Dyson - - a little like Payne Stewart but without the grace.

Of course, this is based on my own perception and from anecdotal evidence from certain golf pals. In reality, my swing may quite possibly resemble a love child of Jim Furyk and Kenny Perry.

Willow branches in a hurricane, but with more tempo.

Kevin

Shooter McGavin trying to copy Happy Gilmore

C3PO...

A folding lawn chair or a full body dry heave

Fred Couples, only smoother and not as spastic looking.:egyptian::golf2::laughing:

I get called Tim Clark most days b/c I do swing ALOT like him for some reason but most days I would equate my golf swing to a man who has been constipated for 2 weeks trying to get results.

TW trying to escape a 4 iron?

Last edited:
I think it was Lee Trevino who said it best, "my swing is like a caveman killing his lunch".

my swing is tired and at the end of it's rope. Here's a picture of it...

crw_9049.jpg

My swing is reminiscent the story about the monkey, and his football. I use his grip, but it don't look like Furyk's. I am however,pretty sure it looks better than Barkley's. Somewhere in between those two guys. Some days it works, some days it don't.

I'm not sure what my swing looks like, I'm too chicken to tape it.

Here's a small sampling of quotes I've heard after hitting (all with a Texas drawl):

"Boy, you couldn't hit a bull in the butt with a bass fiddle"

"If you were shooting for s**t, you wouldn't even get a smell!"

"That looks like a go-rilla swinging a club"

"You couldn't hit the broadside of a barn, if you were inside!"

This is a great thread, great sense of humor everyone!

I used to think my swing was like Davis Loves' until I saw it on camera and realized I made Charles Barkley look like a Tour pro.

I used to think my swing was like Davis Loves' until I saw it on camera and realized I made Charles Barkley look like a Tour pro.

Was it a side-by-side comparison? I've had that done and it makes me cringe.

This is always a classic!

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3lCnaUY3HZo&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3lCnaUY3HZo&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

Great videos Craig. You look nothing like I expected... no flat cap or cigarette, hehe. No way am I showing my swing now, especially in slooow mode.

My swing I've been told reminds people of a man trying to kill a snake in a phone booth...but of course with style.

Someone once said my swing looked like Larry Mize's swing. Who knew? Not me, but I took it as a compliment.

Imagine John Daly and Jim Furyk having a love child, with a bit of Walter Hagen thrown in for good measure.

(You can quit laughing now...)

A left handed violin player, humming the Judas Priest classic "Diamonds and Rust" while trying to text the recipe for Strawberry Blintzes to a mongrel penguin who is chewing gum and has one eye. All that while smoking a cigar.

That is my swing:bananadance:

I've been told my swing is reminiscent of Paul Casey's. I don't know though I haven't seen enough of his swing.

Back