A Golf Skirt By Any Other Name

I humbly and sincerely apologize. I happen to like skorts.

Thank you. I'm sure you look lovely in them. I myself own quite a few golf skirts. I look rather nice in them if I do say so myself.

Skirt. Skort. Potato. Pototo. As long as the ankle is showing.

Kevin

They're called rompers and that also sounds dirty, but a good dirty.

I'm hard pressed to think of anything that DOESN'T sound like a "good" dirty...:bulgy-eyes:

Diane, you know I love you like a sister, but to me "golf skirt" sounds like Kathy Whitworth in her prime. Given that it's your mother's term, that may be from when it dates.

81397347.jpg

Nothing there Claire.

much to do about nothing

Diane, you know I love you like a sister, but to me "golf skirt" sounds like Kathy Whitworth in her prime. Given that it's your mother's term, that may be from when it dates.

81397347.jpg

That is one long drink of water with a very nice hair do. I'm working on Jr. Lancer, but she thinks that type of look is dated.

Kevin

That is one long drink of water with a very nice hair do. I'm working on Jr. Lancer, but she thinks that type of look is dated.

Kevin

The golf clothes for women in the late 60's and early 70's were fun. They got bad later.

Kevin

It's the hairdo that kills me--pretty much screams that she slept with toilet paper wrapped around her head.

It's the hairdo that kills me--pretty much screams that she slept with toilet paper wrapped around her head.

I believe they had their hair "set" back then because it was pre-blow dryer.

Kevin

Last edited:

Kevin

Big hair rollers with those stickers on the sides, or the big foam ones. Then they had to sleep with a hairnet over the whole thing. Most hairdos looked like brown football helmets.

Kevin

A lot of older women still go weekly.

A lot of older women still go weekly.

Either Mrs. Esox or I drove my mother to be "set" almost every Thursday for eight years.

Kevin

Either Mrs. Esox or I drove my mother to be "set" almost every Thursday for eight years.

Kevin

Did she have a special pillow or something like what geisha girls have to keep their hair in place so her set would last the week?

Did she have a special pillow or something like what geisha girls have to keep their hair in place so her set would last the week?

That's why women wrapped their heads in toilet paper to sleep.

Must have been a real turn-on for the husbands.

A little brushing in the morning would usually get her back in place. She was looking a little wilder the closer she got to the end of her life.

That's why women wrapped their heads in toilet paper to sleep.

Must have been a real turn-on for the husbands.

No toilet paper for my Mom.

Kevin

I want it noted for the record that I have been absent from the board for several days . . . and threads still get weird.

I want it noted for the record that I have been absent from the board for several days . . . and threads still get weird.

Were you gone Harry? I didn't notice. Anyone else notice?

On another note - I haven't read anything weird.

It's mostly Claire and Diane causing that. :D

Have you been golfing?

How did they sleep in those toilet paper turbans? Worse than that was the rollers with the little plastic "quills" sticking out all over. Whoa....

Just an announcement - I thought I could do it, but I can't so you're going to have to bear with me for another season of my wearing golf skirts. I just bought several new ones too.

Just an announcement - I thought I could do it, but I can't so you're going to have to bear with me for another season of my wearing golf skirts. I just bought several new ones too.

If you're going to tell us about them Diane, you need to post pics. I'm sure they're very cute.

Back