Trump & Golf Channel Hook Up

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
This is a press release

Donald Trump will head straight from the boardroom to the golf course this spring in a new six-part series titled Donald J. Trump's Fabulous World of Golf. Debuting April 26, 2010, at 9 p.m. ET on Golf Channel, viewers will get a behind-the-scenes look at Trump's worldwide golf empire, as well as an opportunity to watch musicians, politicians, actors, business leaders, professional athletes, and specifically professional golfers swing for the charity of their choice—and bragging rights.

To ensure each episode brings excitement and a high-level of competition, celebrity players will face-off against others of similar handicaps. The match-ups are destined to take a series of twists and turns as Trump will present many entertaining and exciting challenges along the way, including a pre-determined hole that will be worth $10,000 for the respective charity. While the high-stakes competition is a focal point of the program, viewers also will be offered exclusive access to some of Trump's most incredible golf properties - from West Palm Beach to his top-rated golf courses in Scotland, New York, New Jersey and California. Off the course, in each show, fans also will catch a glimpse at how Trump brings his competitive bravado to his growing golfing empire.

"Donald J. Trump's Fabulous World of Golf will bring viewers into the unique business of golf, 'Trump-style,'" said Tom Stathakes, Golf Channel senior vice president of programming, production and operations. "We'll go behind the scenes at some of the most breathtaking courses in the world while featuring top celebrity match-ups in unique golf competitions."
Donald Trump said, "As everyone knows, golf has always been one of my greatest passions, so I'm excited to work on this new program with Golf Channel, which consists of showcasing some of my top-rated golf resorts from around the world, intriguing discussion and fierce competition with some of the biggest known celebrities of today, and my altruistic goals. I'm also looking forward to granting viewers access to the inner workings of the very successful Trump golf business."

Donald J. Trump's Fabulous World of Golf is part of a new slate of original programming on Golf Channel featuring A-list Hollywood talent and fascinating sports personalities, including great golf pros. In addition to Trump's show, the second season of The Haney Project, featuring Ray Romano, and Being John Daly, will debut on the network in spring 2010. Other original programming standouts for the network include Uneven Fairways, hosted by Samuel L. Jackson and Golf in America, hosted by film and television actor Anthony Anderson (Law & Order, Transformers).
Trump is also the creator and star of NBC's highly rated The Apprentice and The Celebrity Apprentice. The new season of The Celebrity Apprentice debuts on NBC in Spring 2010.

Donald J. Trump's Fabulous World of Golf is produced by GOLF CHANNEL in conjunction with The WorkShop, LLC, an independent multi-media production company based in Bryn Mawr, Penn.

This looks cool, will be tuned in to watch!!

Sounds like something I might try to watch, and continue watching as long as it did not get "corny" and take on a "Big Break" programming attitude.

I'm looking forward to seeing who they get to play... and how can you not like a show that helps charities?

Because it features Donald Trump.

The initial premise sounds interesting. I'll watch, and then I'll wait and see how it develops. :D

I think I'd prefer it if Trump was just lending his name. I have no interest in watching him.

I think I'd prefer it if Trump was just lending his name. I have no interest in watching him.

No way his ego would allow that. :laughing:

No way his ego would allow that. :laughing:

Unfortunately, you are correct in this case. I was hoping it would just be another part of the Donald Trump brand and not the Donald Trump show.

I'd watch this if there is some kind of playoff system, or they stick around until they lose a match, something. For me, this kind of TV entertainment is all about getting behind someone you want to cheer for. If they just have someone show up each week I don't see much excitement.

I can't be the only one that actually likes Donald Trump. Yes he does have a big ego but he gets things done, if it wasn't for his ego he wouldn't be as successful.

The Donald isn't that bad. I even watch The Apprentice sometimes. Not like my wife does, but some.

The Donald isn't that bad. I even watch The Apprentice sometimes. Not like my wife does, but some.

We used to watch The Apprentice. No doubt he's definitely full of himself, but I like Trump.

Back