Any fun courses on Kauai?

bik33

Reaction score
Handicap
That won't break the bank?

I know that for the golf courses in Hawaii, if you're a resident you get to pay a MUCH cheaper fee. You'll have to let me know what courses you went to, we're going to Hawaii in May :)

I am also headed there in May and want get in some great golf. Please let me know what you find.

I am also headed there in May and want get in some great golf. Please let me know what you find.

Maybe I'll see you there :)

I played two rounds at Poipu this August. It was truly a great experience. I initially received permission from "She Who Must Be Obeyed" to play one early morning round. it was so much fun that I convinced her to go shopping the next day and I would take care of the kids. Hyatt has a day camp so I dropped them off there and played a second round. :)

I played Princeville years ago and if you have a chance, that is definitely a course to play.

Yeah it was real fun. Just be prepared that on hole 7,8 or 9 it will absolutely POUR for about 5 minutes. Both days I was there, it was beautiful weather and then all of a sudden, this huge storm comes in and it is raining SIDEWAYS. Even if you do get soaked, you are dry in about 2 holes anyway so it's all good.

Make sure you sign up for a free personalized bag tag when you check in. They forgot to tell me on the first day.

best bet is to google the courses and prices... then look for vacation packages... id like to tell you the prices but i have no clue what the non resident fees are

Poipu is undergoing renovations. I don't remember when they'll reopen next year.

Princeville's Prince is a great course. There's twilight rates available if you're looking to save some money.

If you don't mind airplane noise, Puakea and Kauai Lagoons Kiele are fun. Kauai Lagoons just finished renovating their courses this year.

You can find a discount rate on Puakea at ezlinks.com under their specials.

Kiahuna is an ok course. It's in the Poipu area. It's cheaper, but Poipu is just a much better course.

Poipu and Princeville Prince courses are the 2 top courses on the island.

For something different, try the 9 hole Kukui-o-lono park golf course. Real island style, down home golf. They even sell chicken feed at the starter's window. They have a range, and the range buckets are coffee cans. lol Watch out, the greens are really fast. The fairways are hard and fast too.

I'm going to be there in May too.

How about on Oahu?

How about on Oahu?

My fav on Oahu is Turtle Bay's Palmer course on the North Shore. It's where they filmed one of the Big Break seasons. Luana Hills is good too. One half is like golfing thru the jungle. Try to play their signature hole if you can. They don't always have it open. Ko'Olau is tough, but the scenery is great. Ko Olina isn't bad either. I haven't played that many of the Oahu courses.

Poipu will be closed from April through November next year while they are redoing all the greens.

Back