Tomahawx Tee Deal for THP

Maybe the snow is getting in the way :D :confused2:

Been beautiful here the last 3 days... course might even open tomorrow... Wednesday at the latest. :banana:

I've been using the Zero Friction tees since I got some free with Wilson Zip 12 pack. Love them. Looking forward to using these... just ordered the $10 deal.
Thanks THP!

These arrived today. That really didn't take long, just seemed that way because others were seeing theirs.

These arrived today. That really didn't take long, just seemed that way because others were seeing theirs.

Now you have something to set the new Bridgestones on!

Now you have something to set the new Bridgestones on!

Lol, good point, but I hurt my back this morning, (kind of a freak deal). I'm sitting here on a heating pad wondering if I've done something permanent or not. You may end up with a donation to the cause, lol. :banghead:

Lol, good point, but I hurt my back this morning, (kind of a freak deal). I'm sitting here on a heating pad wondering if I've done something permanent or not. You may end up with a donation to the cause, lol. :banghead:

Well, at least you have a few months to recover before the courses open for spring.

Oh, yeah. This happened about 4 years ago and didn't take much over a week to smooth out. I'm just whining again, hehe

Oh, yeah. This happened about 4 years ago and didn't take much over a week to smooth out. I'm just whining again, hehe

Hopefully it'll get better soon. You have new balls and new tees you need to try out ;)

Hopefully it'll get better soon. You have new balls and new tees you need to try out ;)

Thanks. I also have a new set of clubs coming, but it'll run it's course.

Just received my 4 pack of tees. Cant wait to try them out.

Got my tees, now I just need two more things. Need the snow to melt and the ground to thaw enough so I can stick a tee in it. Last time I played I didn't even take my driver because you couldn't get a tee in the ground with a hammer on most of the tee boxes. Stopped by the course today just to visit... looks like the weekend at least before there is any chance of playing.

We still have a bunch of snow on the ground here. At least the course is getting well watered, lol.

FYI - I sent payment on 12/10 and got them yesterday and I live in NY. If that helps anyone on figuring out timing of when you need to order to get them by Xmas.

Good Investment

Good Investment

I used the new tees today. Love them. The short one works great for my driver. I have to use a stub tee for the par 3 holes. I like to tee it real low on the par 3's.

I used the new tees today. Love them. The short one works great for my driver. I have to use a stub tee for the par 3 holes. I like to tee it real low on the par 3's.

Yeah.. I don't think these would be any good at all for irons. The short one is even too high for my 3W. They are strictly driver tees for me. I can use either one for my driver depending on what I'm trying to do with the shot (not that the result will necessarily be remotely like what I intended :golf3: ).

had a beautiful day out today so I decided to get out and swing my clubs. The ground was still somewhat wet, so swinging the clubs is probably the best way I could state my range session. I also tried out my new Tomahawx and on my first hit the tee went flying. I normally do have a pretty high ball flight anyway so I am not sure if the tee coming out of the ground so quick was due to my swing or the wet ground. Any experience with this happening to anyone else using these tees? I hit a couple more times and sure enough the tee kept flying forward.

had a beautiful day out today so I decided to get out and swing my clubs. The ground was still somewhat wet, so swinging the clubs is probably the best way I could state my range session. I also tried out my new Tomahawx and on my first hit the tee went flying. I normally do have a pretty high ball flight anyway so I am not sure if the tee coming out of the ground so quick was due to my swing or the wet ground. Any experience with this happening to anyone else using these tees? I hit a couple more times and sure enough the tee kept flying forward.

I'll post up tomorrow, i'm gonna hit the range and it's pretty dry here, so we'll see if the ground texture makes a difference.....

I'll post up tomorrow, i'm gonna hit the range and it's pretty dry here, so we'll see if the ground texture makes a difference.....

I'll be trying mine out for the first time tomorrow :)

I played 9 holes today, but the ground was too hard for any tee. I just used my 22° hybrid for all tee shots, and played the ball off the grass. :D

I played 9 holes today, but the ground was too hard for any tee. I just used my 22° hybrid for all tee shots, and played the ball off the grass. :D

Did you try the Tomahawx Fourputt? That sharp edge usually will go into just about anything. I used it on frozen turf last year when we had the ice here.

Got my order today. Five business days.

Did you try the Tomahawx Fourputt? That sharp edge usually will go into just about anything. I used it on frozen turf last year when we had the ice here.

Frozen turf in Florida and frozen turf in Colorado are very different birds. Here it is like a concrete sidewalk because two weeks ago we had subzero (not just sub freezing) temperatures for a full week. It would take a hammer and a steel nail to penetrate it, and even that would be difficult. It was even impossible to take a divot today anywhere on the course. All it did was scrape the grass blades off flush with the top of the soil.

I'll take them along tomorrow... It's supposed to be warmer, and the ground might (slim chance) thaw enough to use a tee.

Frozen turf in Florida and frozen turf in Colorado are very different birds. Here it is like a concrete sidewalk because two weeks ago we had subzero (not just sub freezing) temperatures for a full week. It would take a hammer and a steel nail to penetrate it, and even that would be difficult. It was even impossible to take a divot today anywhere on the course. All it did was scrape the grass blades off flush with the top of the soil.

I'll take them along tomorrow... It's supposed to be warmer, and the ground might (slim chance) thaw enough to use a tee.

Fourputt - We use short tees and twist them in. Once we get one in - everyone uses it if possible.

Fourputt - We use short tees and twist them in. Once we get one in - everyone uses it if possible.

I would have to be the last to hit, I can almost guarantee that I'll break the tee off at the ground.:D

Back